Full-day Private Tour of Phnom Kulen
We’ll escape the heat of the city by driving 48kms North of Siem Reap to visit the holy Kulen Mountains, also referred to as Phnom Kulen (“Mountain of the Lychees”) by locals.
The sandstone from this mountain was the leading supplier of construction materials for the Angkor Kingdom. We’ll stop at the sacred site of The River of a Thousand Lingas, which features hundreds of Lingas carved in the sandstone bed of the river, which date back to the 9th century. Further downstream, large blocks of stone, also underwater, are engraved with Apsaras dancers and Vishnu figures.
Next on the agenda is a wander around the mountain-top pagoda which is home to relics, statues and a giant reclining Buddha. The last mountain stop will be Kulen Waterfall, featuring a natural pool which is the perfect place to cool off on a hot day and a great picnic spot too, so that’s what we’ll do.
On the way back, we’ll pay a visit to the Landmine Museum where Mr Aki Ra, a former child soldier in the Khmer Rouge has dedicated his life to helping others in need. After having spent most of his childhood years fighting for the Khmer Rouge and later the Vietnamese army, Mr Aki Ra was trained by the United Nations to detonate land-mines; his fantastic work earned him a nomination for CNN Hero of the year in 2010.
- Visit the holy Kulen Mountains
- Stop at the sacred site of The River of a Thousand Lingas
- See the giant reclining Buddha on the mountain top
- Visit the Landmine museum
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Infants 0-3 are free of charge
- Children 4-11 are 75% of the adult price
- Children from 12 pay the adult price
- The price for one adult is inclusive of single supplement
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop off from your hotel in Siem Reap.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Water and refreshment towels during the tours
- Local English speaking guide as per program
- All activities as mentioned
- Entrance fees to visit temples as mentioned in programs
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Pick up & drop off at hotel
- 1 Lunch at local restaurant (Foods only)
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Wear something light and long. You’ll need to wear pants or a dress/skirt that extends well past your knees, and a top that fully covers your shoulders.
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Please remember Sunblock, Hat or scarf, sunglass, camera and small money for drink or snack and swimming clothes.