Amazing Hanoi City and Water Puppet Show Private Tour
You'll be surprised how much of Vietnam's former capital you can see in one day – all it takes is the right planning.
On this 8 hour tour of the city you will get to discover Hanoi's true character through its natural landscapes, museums, places of worship and more.
Right after a convenient pick up from your hotel, you will visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex – a traffic-free area of monuments, memorials and botanical gardens, accompanied by an informative explanation from your guide.
Go on to see the One Pillar Pagoda and Tran Quoc Pagoda before stopping by the Temple of Literature, Vietnam's first national university. After a relaxing lunch, there will still be time left for a trip to Hoan Kiem Lake and more.
- Explore amazing natural scenery along the Hoan Kiem Lake, visit the Temple of Literature or Museum of Ethnology
- See the city's stunning pagodas: Tran Quoc Pagoda and One Pillar Pagoda
- Pay a visit to the late Mr Ho Chi Minh at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
- Discover Hanoi on an immersive one day adventure to its best attractions
- Have a chance to see the unique water puppet show during the tour
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Min-2 adult per booking
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you up at your hotel(located in Hanoi Ola Quarter)
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Mineral water bottles
- Special lunch at Orchid Restaurant
- All entrance fees and water puppet ticket
- English speaking guide
- Private car/minivan with A/C
- Other things are not mentioned clearly in the packages
- Tips (not compulsory), International Insurance and Personal Expenses
08:15: We will pick up from your hotel( located in Hanoi Old Quarter or nearby Hanoi Old Quarter) Then we start visiting a first place named Tran Quoc Pagoda, a Buddhist relic and national heritage lying on the West Lake.
09:15: Visit Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum, the final resting place of Viet Nam’s greatest father, walking along Ho Chi Minh’s stilt house where he lived and worked from 1958 to 1969.
10:30 Visit One-Pillar Pagoda – the one modelled after a lotus flower, a symbol of Hanoi city.
11:00 We leave for Ho Chi Minh water puppet theatre to enjoy water puppet show. The show starts at 11:15.
12:30 Enjoy a special set menu lunch at Orchid restaurant in Hanoi Old Quarter.
14:00 Visit Temple of Literature, the most famous temple situated in Hanoi, also functioned as Vietnam's first university. It was first constructed in 1070 under King Ly Nhan Tong and dedicated to Confucius, sages and scholars. A vast structure that has existed to present day.
15:30 We will take you to St. Joseph's Cathedral. Its a late 19th-century Gothic Revival (Neo-Gothic style) church that serves as the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Hanoi to nearly 4 million Catholics in the country. Then leave for legendary Hoan Kiem Lake, visit turtle tower.
You also see the beautiful Vietnamese and French architecture around the lake, take a photo at French Quarter and Opera House if you want.
16:30: We will drop you off at your hotel. Trip ends.
Note: Ho Chi Minh mausoleum closes every afternoon, Monday and Friday. So we will visit Vietnamese Women's Museum located in Hanoi, in Ly Thuong Kiet Street, near the central Hoan Kiem Lake and the old quarter.
This museum is dedicated to Vietnamese women. The museum opened to the public in 1995 and had been renovated between 2006 and 2010 instead of visiting Ho Chi Minh mausoleum.
- Ho Chi Minh mausoleum closes every afternoon, Monday and Friday. So we will visit Vietnamese Women's Museum located in Hanoi, in Ly Thuong Kiet Street, near the central Hoan Kiem Lake and the old quarter. This museum is dedicated to Vietnamese women. The museum opened to the public in 1995 and had been renovated between 2006 and 2010 instead of visiting Ho Chi Minh mausoleum.