6 Day North Circuit Safari
Northern Tanzania tour will take you to the top safari destination of northern Tanzania to witness the high concentration of wildlife including lions, cheetahs, and at certain times of the year, the world-renowned “Great Wildebeest Migration”.
Included in the tour are Serengeti, Lake Manyara, and Ngorongoro Crater. Lake Manyara National Park is a Tanzanian national park located both in Arusha Region and Manyara Region, Tanzania. The two administrative regions have no jurisdiction over the parks. The park is governed by the Tanzania National Parks Authority.
The majority of the land area of the park is a narrow strip running between the Gregory Rift wall to the west and Lake Manyara, an alkaline or soda-lake, to the east. The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) is a protected area and a World Heritage Site located 180 km (110 mi) west of Arusha in the Crater Highlands area of Tanzania.
The area is named after Ngorongoro Crater, a large volcanic caldera within the area. Serengeti plains: the almost treeless grassland of the south is the most emblematic scenery of the park. Other hoofed animals – zebra, gazelle, impala, hartebeest, topi, buffalo, waterbuck – also occur in huge numbers during the wet season. “Kopjes” are granite formations that are very common in the region, and they are great observation posts for predators, as well as a refuge for hyrax and pythons.
- Fully inclusive accommodation
- Witness the Wildebeest Migration in season
- Tanzania's Top 3 safari destinations
- Travel through a variety of different habitats that range from dry plains to swamps
- See great herds of wildebeest, zebra and other herbivores in their thousands
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French
- Duration: 6 days
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Kilimanjaro International Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Transfers to and from airport
- All national park fees
- Overnight stays in safari lodges
- Mineral water
- Meals :Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Professional, English speaking guide
- Transportation in 4×4 safari vehicle
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal spending monies for souvenirs etc.
- Alcoholic beverages
Pick up from Kilimanjaro airport on arrival and transfer you to Mount Meru Hotel for Dinner and overnight stay.
Leave Arusha at 0800 hrs and proceed to Lake Manyara national park for full day game drives with packed lunches – proceed for dinner and overnight stay at Lake Manyara Serena lodge .Located beneath the cliffs of the Manyara Escarpment, on the edge of the Rift Valley, Lake Manyara National Park offers varied ecosystems, incredible bird life, and breathtaking views. Lake Manyara’s famous tree-climbing lions are another reason to pay this park a visit. The only kind of their species in the world, they make the ancient mahogany and elegant acacias their home during the rainy season, and are a well-known but rather rare feature of the northern park. In addition to the lions, the national park is also home to the largest concentration of baboons anywhere in the world — a fact that makes for interesting game viewing of large families of the primates.
Early breakfast then descend into to Ngorongoro Crater for a full day crater tour with packed lunches ascend for dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Serena Lodge. The Ngorongoro Crater is often called ‘Africa’s Eden’ and the ‘8th Natural Wonder of the World,’ a visit to the crater is a main draw card for tourists coming to Tanzania and a definite world-class attraction. The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) is home of Ngorongoro Crater.
Migration Trails The next 2 days will be spent exploring the grassy plains and woodlands in the area, tracking the massed herds of wildebeest and zebra, witnessing the birth of new calves and trailing predators such as lion, cheetah and hyena on the hunt. The area also teems with other wildlife, including elephants, eland, various gazelle species, Kirk’s dik-dik, giraffe and the elusive leopard.
Breakfast then drive to Arusha to arrive by 1500 hrs, drop off to the airport to board your home bound flight.
- Credit and ATM cards (check that your bank has international ATM locations to avoid high fees, and tell them where you’ll be traveling before you leave)
- Insect repellent
- Sweater or fleece
- Sun block
- Light raincoat
- Antihistamine cream for insect bites & stings
- Malaria tablets (see your doctor before you travel for up-to-date advice)
- Motion sickness tablets if required