Afro Caribbean Percussion Workshop
Feel the Music and Rhythms of Puerto Rico!
The workshop will be led by talented Beto Torrens at his private music studio. The studio is located in the artistic and local neighbourhood of Santurce in San Juan.
You will learn in 2-hours all about the history, technique, and rhythms of Afro drumming. You will be active using different drums and instruments to learn the skills as good as possible! If you have a preference, you can choose out of Afro-Puerto Rican, Afro-Cuban, or Afro-Brazilian drumming.
The groups will be small to give you the best quality, attention, and fun you deserve. Beto Torrens was born in Santurce, Puerto Rico and began his musical career with Batucada Baobá, alongside Anthony Carrillo, Luis Vélez and his mentor and teacher Freddy Díaz. He is a founding member of Bayanga (today Calle 13), with whom he recorded one album.
Torrens has worked with bands and artists like Puya, Cultura Profética, Gomba Jahbari, Jerry Medina, Batacumbele, Brazuca Matraca (Barcelona), Macaco (Barcelona), Ricky Martin, De La Roots, Tráfico Pesado, Ricky Rodríguez, and La Descarga Urbana de Medina Carrión, among others.
- The workshop will be led by talented Beto Torrens
- You will learn in 2-hours all about the history, technique, and rhythms of Afro drumming
- You can choose out of Afro-Puerto Rican, Afro-Cuban, or Afro-Brazilian drumming
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Available daily
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- 2 Hour Workshop
- Personal expenses
- Dress comfortably as you will be in a seated position of the duration of this workshop with a percussion drum that requires to be placed between the legs.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1