Horse Carriage Village Tours in Borobudur, Yogyakarta
Candirejo Village: EXPERIENCE RURAL JAVA’S TRADITIONAL LIFE
When visiting the impressive Borobudur Buddhist Temple in Central Java, the temple itself is not the only place of interest in the area. Not far from Borobudur is an interesting little village called Candirejo that is definitely worth a visit.
For a break from “modern” life, designate a few days to watch, learn and experience life in this-this quaint town, where ancient traditions are still followed, and indeed the village is best known for how it has maintained the authenticity of such traditions. Candirejo Village is located in the Borobudur District, about 3 kilometres southeast of Borobudur Temple in Magelang, Central Java.
The village is set amidst lush green fields and tropical rainforests and populated with friendly people. Candirejo is said to be a symbol of Javanese culture where visitors can experience and participate in a variety of cultural attractions and activities. Many homemade handicrafts and souvenirs are also made here, such as beds, benches and bookshelves of bamboo, and bags to explore the village you can see local plantation, Playing Gamelan Traditional Music, looking local people who made chip from Tapioca, looks for big Progo River and mats made of pandanus; all of which are available for purchase.
The word Candirejo is a combination of two Javanese words: Candi and Rejo. Candi means temple, but it can also mean stone, and Candirejo happens to be quite a stony area. The word Rejo means fertile, so when put together, Candirejo got its name as the land that was full of stones, but yet remained fertile.
- Natural view and peaceful place
- Home industry of Chip from Tapioca
- Playing Gamelan Traditional Music
- Cultivation of Local Plantation
- With The Horse Carriage
- Eco Tourism
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceFrom Your Hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Ticket for Pawon and Mendut Temple
- Ticket for Candirejo Village tour
- Refreshment / snack and tea in the Village
- Local Guide in Candirejo Village Tour
- Base Private Transport
- Pick Up and Drop Off from your Hotel in Downtown Yogyakarta
- Mineral water
- Breakfast in Manohara
- Ticket Borobudur Sunrise
- Local Guide in Borobudur Temple
- Drinks not stated in Inclusions
Pick you up from your hotel at 08:00 am and head towards Borobudur Temple, explore there for 2 hours.
Next you will head to Candirejo to do Eco Tourism spending 2 hours there.
The final stop is Pawon & Mendut Temple for 30 minutes.
Return back to Hotel
- bring a hat
- Practical and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1