Barong and Trance Keris Dance Show & Tour
Watching a traditional dance performance is a really good experience. This is the most beautiful 60 minutes dance performance which held every morning at 09.30 AM in Batu Bulan town, 17 km from Kuta. At the end of the performance, you may join to the stage to take a picture with the dancers.
ABOUT BARONG DANCE
Barong is a lion-like creature and character in the mythology of Bali. He is the king of the spirits, leader of the hosts of good, and enemy of Rangda, the demon queen and mother of all spirit guarders in the mythological traditions of Bali. The battle between Barong and Rangda is featured in the Barong dance to represent the eternal battle between good and evil.
In Balinese mythology, the good spirit is identified as Banas Pati Raja. Banas Pati Raja is the fourth "brother" or spirit child that accompanies a child throughout their life, which is a similar concept to guardian angels. Banas Pati Raja is the spirit which animates Barong. A protector spirit, he is often represented as a lion. The Barong is often portrayed accompanied by monkeys.
Barong is portrayed as a lion with a red head, covered in white thick fur, and wearing gilded jewellery adorned with pieces of mirrors. The shape of lion Barong is somewhat similar to a Pekingese dog. The origins of the Barong are far a back in time and quite uncertain. Its origins could be from animist worship before Hinduism appeared when villagers still believed in the supernatural protective power of animals.
- Stop by at Batuan Arts Painters show
- Stop by at beautiful Batuan Village Temple
- Stops by at Green Coffee & Spices Garden
- Culture preservation show
- Free taking pictures with the dancer after the show
- Watching the legend Barong for 60 minutes show
- Go with private car
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free pick up & drop off in area: Ubud, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Sanur, Tuban, Gianyar & Canggu
- * Pick up and drop off at other area will be charged extra : USD 45.00 per car
- Disability ServicesNot wheelchair accessible.
- Easy CancellationCancel on the day of activity will be charged 100% | Not Refundable
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Pick up from your hotel and drop off
- Friendly English speaking Tour-driver
- Air conditioned private car (No other guest joint in car)
- Tax & Service charge
- Visit Batuan Art painting show
- Visiting Green Coffee & Spices Garden
- Visit Batuan Temple
- Bottled Mineral water in car
- Barong entrance tickets
- Toll road fee
- Donation to visit temples
- Personal expenses
- Please dress in appropriate clothing
- Non refundable in case of un-friendly weather condition
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property during the activity