Private Urban Plantation Tour
This is a two-part walking tour in the French Quarter. It combines the history of New Orleans with the plantation era economy, development of a world-class port city with a visit to a townhouse representative of the primary residences of plantation owners during the 1800s.
Many visitors during their time to New Orleans, visit plantations outside the city only to realize that the plantation homes were not where plantation owners lived much of the time! Plantations were factory houses and most plantation owners only stayed there during the harvest or epidemics.
The economic and social activity of the region was centered in New Orleans, not the country-side. Plantation owners lived in the city and stayed in the country. While their plantation homes were elegant, their inner-city townhomes were where they invested their money and social capital.
- We will visit historic sites that help us understand the history, culture, and plantation economy that fueled the Industrial Revolution and the institution of slavery.
- The tour will last about 3 hours, two spent during a walking segment and one hour inside the townhouse.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Not available on Wendesdays
- Live GuideEnglish
- Disability ServicesWe welcome visitors with walking limitations. However, the townhouse we will visit has no elevator.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Admission included
- Licensed and insured guide, narration, helpful recommendations
- Personal expenses
- Admissions to attractions not included
- We will travel about 1.5 miles during the tour.
- We will stop for refreshments and restrooms as needed.
- There is no elevator in the townhouse.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress accordingly.
- We will travel about 1.5 miles during the tour, we recommend you wear comfortable/suitable footwear.