Explore 7 Churches of Asia Minor on a 10 Days Tour
The Seven Churches of Revelations or the Churches of Apocalypse that are in the book of John refer to seven major cities through Western Turkey: Thyatira-Sardis-Laodicea-Philadelphia-Hierapolis-Aphrodisias.
All these places provided a relatively safe haven for the Early Christians. For those looking to make a spiritual journey, Turkey cannot be overlooked. For a more in-depth discovery of Biblical Turkey, join our tours where you can choose to do a small group tour or a private tour.
Explore some of the best highlights of Turkey and see some of the amazing places of history and stunning landscape that this beautiful country has to offer. Throughout your trip, you’ll visit Istanbul’s highlights, including Hagia Sofia and cruise between two continents on a Bosphorus cruise.
Visit the magical and mesmerising Cappadocia and see the stunning landscape of the fairy chimneys and tour the Kaymakl? Underground City, one of the most interesting underground settlements in Cappadocia. Also, visit the world-famous Goreme Open Air Museum and witness the best examples of Byzantine art that are in Cappadocia in rock-cut churches with frescoes and paintings (10th to 13th century).
Explore Pergamum, actually called Bergama and is one of the sites of the Seven Churches of Asia [Rev. 1:11; 2:12]. We explore the impressive Acropolis and is the steepest theatre in the world. Visit of the most picturesque areas of the Seven Churches of Asia [Rev. 1:11; 3:1-4], Sardis which was the capital of the ancient Lydian kingdom of the 6th century BC and portrayed as a dying church.
Drive to the healing city of Hierapolis and Pamukkale, which is a white cotton fortress where hot mineral water bursts from the ground and cascades over cliffs forming pools, channels and stalactites. The healing waters were known to the founders of Hierapolis and Laodicea in 190 BC.
In Hierapolis, we visit the Martyrium of the Apostle Philip where he was martyred during the persecutions ordered by Domitian. Proceed to Laodicea now known as Denizli, also a Church of the Asia Minor [Rev. 1:11; 3:14] where you will see the ancient theatre, the remains of a basilica and some ancient stone water pipes.
You will venture to the UNESCO-listed Ephesus where you will see one of the worlds best-preserved ancient site and see where Virgin Mary spent her final days at the House of the Virgin Mary. Get to experience Temple of Artemis one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
- Explore Istanbul with its many sights including Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and enjoy a cruise on the Bosphorus
- See the mysterious landscape of cappadocia and visit an underground city and Goreme Museum
- Explore the impressive Acropolis of Pergamon and enjoy a scenic ride of Smyrna which is the third largest city in Turkey
- Visit Sardis the capital of the ancient Lydian kingdom and Philadelphia the only church that is not censured
- Witness the white cliffs of Pamukkale and visit the ruins of Hierapolis
- Explore the ancient city of Ephesus and Visit the House of the Virgin Mary where she spent her final days
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 10 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Istanbul Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Domestic flights in the program
- Airport transfers where needed
- Transportation by a comfortable AC non smoking Luxurious car/Van with professional driver
- Professional and experienced licensed guide during the tours
- All accommodation
- Entry fees to the sites and museums
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Calculation is based on promotional class and rates are Flights are subject to change until ticketed. You will receive references to flight tickets after booking
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances