Byzantine & Ottoman Marvels In Half-Day Private Tour
This half-day Istanbul tour will take you to all the highlights of this magical city. If you want to experience the marvels of Istanbul, this half-day Istanbul sightseeing tour is the perfect option. Tour one of the most famous architectural creations in history, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, Hippodrome and the Grand Bazaar.
The Istanbul half-day tour is the best way to explore the marvels of this historical city excitingly and educationally.
Hagia Sophia, Turkish Ayasofya, also called Church of the Divine Wisdom, an important Byzantine structure in Istanbul and one of the world’s great monuments. It was built as a Christian church in the 6th century CE (532–537) under the direction of the Byzantine emperor Justinian I. In subsequent centuries it became a mosque(1453) by Sultan Mehmet II., museum(1934), and a mosque again(2020). The building reflects the religious changes that have played out in the region over the centuries, with the minarets and inscriptions of Islam as well as the amazing mosaics of Christianity.
Topkapı Palace Museum, in Istanbul that exhibits the imperial collections of the Ottoman Empire and maintains an extensive collection of books and manuscripts in its library. It is housed in a palace complex that served as the administrative centre and residence of the imperial Ottoman court from about 1478 to 1856. It opened as a museum in 1924, a year after the establishment of the Republic of Turkey. The Topkapı Palace Museum is notable not only for its architecture and collections but also for the history and culture of the Ottoman Empire that it recalls.
Blue Mosque is known as the Blue Mosque because of blue tiles surrounding the walls of interior design. Mosque was built between 1609 and 1616 years, during the rule of Ahmed I. just like many other mosques, it also comprises a tomb of the founder, a madrasa and a hospice.
Hippodrome of Istanbul was built for chariot racing, which was the most important sports of the Byzantines. Nevertheless, it was more than a place for chariot races and other sports activities. The hippodrome was also home to gladiatorial games, official ceremonies, celebrations, protests, torture to the convicts and so on. The word “hippodrome” comes from the Greek hippos (horse) and dromos (way). Hippodrome functioned all in Roman (203-330 A.D.)Byzantine (330-1453 A..D), and Ottoman (1453-1922) periods.
The Grand Bazaar (Turkish: Kapalıçarşı, meaning 'Covered Market) in Istanbul is one of the largest and oldest covered markets in Istanbul, with 61 covered streets and over 4,000 shops.
- Shop in the largest covered markets in the world Grand Bazaar
- Visit the magnificent Hippodrome
- See the superb Blue Mosque
- Visit the largest and oldest palace in the world Topkapi Palace
- Visit one of the most magnificent museums in the world Hagia Sophia
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 to 6 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Travel Excellence Guaranteed !
- All Entrance Fees
- Private De-Luxe Cars
- Private Local Licensed Guide
- Pickup and drop off where the tour concludes. “Hotel or Cruise Ports”
- Any extras
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- The covered area of the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday; a visit to the Spice Market will be substituted. The Blue Mosque will not be visited on Fridays, as it does not open until 2:30 PM. Hagia Sophia is closed on Monday; a visit to Topkapi Palace will be substituted.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1