Private Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trekking is one of the world’s best treks, set amongst breathtaking high mountain sceneries.
Magnificent landscapes, imposing and prestigious peaks, tapering ridges and colourful Sherpa villages contribute to turning this trek into an unforgettable experience.
After flying from Kathmandu to Lukla (Tenzing-Hillary) airport, the route takes you through the high Khumbu Mountains before finally arriving at the foot of Everest. The starting point for all summit attempts, Everest Base Camp is situated on the Khumbu Glacier.
We ascend the Kala Pathar (5,554m) for one of the highlights of this trek and from here one gains a lifelong memory of an incredible panorama of Ama Dablam, Makalu, Nuptse, Lhotse and the majestic Everest, or Chomolungma (Mother Goddess of the World) in Sherpa language.
In Nepali, it is called Sagarmatha which has many meanings including Brow of the Ocean or Mother of the Universe. She is undeniably the greatest of all mountains, standing at 8,848m.
You will enjoy the impressive Tengboche Monastery (3,860m), an important Buddhist monastery, which has the largest Gompa in the Khumbu region. Built in 1923, it has been damaged by both earthquake and fire. It has subsequently been rebuilt with help from the Sir Edmund Hillary Foundation and many other international supporters.
- Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Changtse, Ama Dablam and scores of other lesser crests seen from a peaked vantage point
- Trek through the heart of Sherpa country
- Experience the exhilaration of trekking to Everest Base Camp
- Enjoy the impressive Tengboche Monastery
- Be amazed at the spectacular scenery as you trek up to 5545m
- Get among the hustle and bustle of the market town Namche Bazaar
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Duration: 13 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, Chinese, Hindi
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop off Kathmandu International Airport
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Farewell dinner last night in Kathmandu
- Flight from KTM-Lukla-KTM
- Food, salary and insurance for Nepali Guide/ Porter
- Experienced and Government-licensed Guide and Porter
- All government taxes and official charges
- First Aid kit carried by Sherpa leader
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- Company logo printed duffle Bag.
- All necessary transportation
- All National Park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Tea/coffee three times per day
- Meals, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during the whole trekking period
- Trekking with all accommodation in lodges
- Pick-up drop off Kathmandu International Airport
- Tips for guide and porter
- Rescue / emergency and Travel insurance
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Battery charge
- Laundry service
- Soft and alcoholic drinks
- Personal equipment and personal expenses
On arrival at Kathmandu and after completing your custom formalities you will be greeted by one of our representatives and transferred to your hotel.
Tonight you enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel.
Overnight: Kathmandu hotel
Our guide will pick you up at 5:30 AM from your hotel in Kathmandu and drive to the airport.
You will board the early morning flight at 6:30 am from where you will take a 45 minute flight to Lukla.
After breakfast in Lukla, you will walk for about 4 hours to Phakding located on a fairly plain terrain and inhabited by Sherpas.
Later in the afternoon, you will follow upstream Dudhkoshi River and spend the night in a lodge.
Elevation: Lukla 2750m
Elevation: Phakding 2610m
You will trek for nearly seven hours to reach Namche Bazar, a famous town in Solukhumbu.
The last three hours of this trek will be tough, but the beautiful sceneries on the way will make you will forget your tiredness. The night will be spent in a local teahouse.
Elevation: Namche Bazar 3440m
Overnight: Namche Bazar
To help your body adjust to the high altitude conditions, we will spend the day for acclimatization.
You can do some daytime hiking and explore Khumjung village and return to the teahouse at Namche Bazaar.
Overnight: Namche Bazaar
After a six to seven hours trek, you will reach Tengboche, a perfect viewpoint to observe the beautiful peaks of Ama Dablam and the picturesque Thamserku, along with the greater part of the Himalayan range in the Khumbu Region.
Elevation: Tengboche 3680m
Dingboche is about six to seven-hour walk from Tengboche.
Due to the rising altitude, you will be walking slower than on previous days.
Elevation: Dingboche 4410m
This will be your second day of acclimatization. You will be taken on a day trip to Chhukung Valley and back to Dingboche.
Rest and rejuvenation are essential for you in order to continue your trekking the next day. High altitude treks are usually carried out along with acclimatization in parallel as it is necessary for your body to be familiar with the surrounding altitudes.
Frequent acclimatization is a must, and your guides will encourage it.
Your next stopover is Lobuche, a walking distance of five to six hours from Dingboche.
Here you will see stunning views of Mt. Pumori, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Lhotse and a section of the Himalayan Range and which are the main highlights of the day.
The next segment of your trek, from Lobuche to Gorek Shep is short and can be completed in about three to four hours.
You will reach Gorek Shep just in time for lunch and after resting for a few hours, you will take a walk to Everest Base Camp in the evening and view the dazzling sunset over the highest point on this planet.
Elevation: Gorek Shep 5160m
Overnight: Gorek Shep
You will begin the five hours hike to Kalapathar early in the morning.
Kalapathar is at an altitude of 5545 meters above sea level, and is better known as the perfect viewpoint to see all major parts of the Himalayan Range, including the majestic Mt. Everest.
If the weather permits, you will get to see a spellbinding sunrise, something that you will not find elsewhere else in the whole world.
You can take as many photographs as you like, and then go back to Gorek Shep for breakfast.
Shortly afterwards, you will descend back to Phereche
Elevation: Phereche 4350m
Today after breakfast we will descend all the way to Namche bazar via Tengboche.
After this beautiful walk, we will rest in a bakery café in Tengboche.
Overnight: Namche Bazar
You are almost nearing the end of the trek on day 12.
During the daytime, you will trek down to Phakding, which normally takes about five hours.
You will have some time to spend in Phakding during the evening, so you can either hop in a local pub for a drink or else you can spend the evening in your lodge interacting with the locals.
Early in the morning, you will be preparing for your flight back to Kathmandu.
During your 45 minute flight, you can hit that Play button on your camera and review the trip you just had in the past amazing thirteen days.
A nostalgic feeling of loneliness will fill you as you descend upon Kathmandu. However, you can enjoy the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu along the way, as you transfer to your hotel.
Tonight you will enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel.
- You will have to walk for approximately 4 to 10 hours each day.
- It will take from twelve to twenty days to complete this trek. It mainly depends upon things like time to acclimatize, length of stay in passing villages, places you visit and your physical capacity.
- The months to do this trek are February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December.
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.