Explore the Montenegro Mountains on a 9 Day Tour
On this nine-day tour, you will discover the “wild beauty” of the “black mountains” and panoramic views that you will never forget.
Montenegro is a hiking paradise, whether we are talking about high mountains in the north of the country: Bjelasica, Sinjajevina, Komovi and Durmitor or the coastal mountains of Orjen, Lovćen and Rumija, which are equally attractive because they have fantastic views of the Adriatic Sea.
Enjoy the unspoiled nature of green areas, beautiful mountain landscapes, floral fields, mountain lakes and rivers.
You will also have opportunity to visit various historical sights - the museum of ‘’Marko Miljanov - optionally, the mausoleum of bishop and writer Peter II Petrović Njegoš - optionally, Rustovo Monastery and Vrmac fortress.
On the first day of your tour, you will be taken on a guided tour of Montenegro’s capital city Podgorica and explore all of its major highlights.
During this easy to middle range hiking tour, you will be able to experience Montenegro’s rich history and culture and as well as the great hikes.
- Hike in Vrmac Mountain
- Visit Rustovo Monastery
- Lovćen Mountain and National Park
- Hike in Bjelasica mountain
- See the Glacier lakes
- Walk through the beautiful valley of Surutka
- Visit Durmitor mountain and National Park
- Hike in the stunning Mrtvica canyon
- Amazing views at Grlo Sokolovo
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Fully licensed travel guides
- All transfers included
- Sightseeing in Podgorica
- Explore Njegoš's Mausoleum - optionally
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from either Podgorica or Tivat airport or Tivat/Kotor/Bar port
- Easy Cancellation30 days before the beginning of the travel free cancellation 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel 30% of total package amount as charges 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel 50% of total package amount as charges 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel 80% of total package amount as charges 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel 90% of total package amount as charges 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel 100% of total package amount as charges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 8 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- entrance fees: National Park Durmitor, National Park Biogradska Gora, National Park Lovćen.
- modern, air conditioned vehicles
- travel insurance
- road expenses and parking
- travel expenses
- residence tax and insurance
- hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in a hotel with 4 * in Budva / Bečići – 2 nights (BB)
- hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in a 4 * hotel on Ivanova Korita or Cetinje – 2 nights (BB)
- accommodation in apartment/hotel double/triple room in Kolašin (3 or 4* - depending on the availability) - 2 nights (BB)
- hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Podgorica, hotel 4 * - 2 nights (BB)
- hiking sticks
- travel guide for hiking tours (English language)
- sightseeing of Podgorica accompanied by a licensed tourist guide (English language) – approx. 2 hours
- panoramic sightseeing of Podgorica
- transfer airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Tivat/Bar) – hotel – airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat)
- Travel health insurance
- Other non-program costs
- Visits to the bars and restaurants not listed in the program
- Drinks and food not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport or port that is not listed in the program
- Tourist guide for hiking tours for a specific language
Day 1 - Arrival at the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat). Accommodation in 4-star hotel in Podgorica. City tour. We will welcome you to the airport, and then head towards Podgorica. We start a panoramic sightseeing tour with a guide, after which we will head to the hotel. Check – in hotel in Podgorica. Meeting at an agreed time and starting easy walk through the city accompanied by a guide – approx. 2 hours. We start the tour from the Republic Square - the main city square. We will pass through Bokeška Street with nice cafes and urban look, a favorite place for young people to go out. We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city. We will visit the Sastavci - Skaline - the oldest bridge in Podgorica, according to the historical facts established during the Roman rule. Then, Clock Tower and the Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica which preserves rich historical and cultural heritage. The most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period is the Clock Tower, which is a symbol of Podgorica. It still dominates the area of Old Town with its height. After visiting Old Town, we will head towards the Centre of Contemporary Art - Kruševac - the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović. Then we continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third largest Orthodox temple in the world. In the end we visit St. George Church which dates from the IX-XI century; belongs to the oldest active worship of the Christian chapel in the area of Montenegro and beyond. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay in Podgorica.
Breakfast at the hotel. Driving through the villages and serpentines of Kuči to the starting point of the hiking tour. Elevation: approx. 1557 m Track length: approx. 4 km (in both directions) Difficulty: Easy Readiness: Small Duration: approx. 1: 30 h depending on the readiness and breaks Only 40 minutes walk from the Kučka Korita there is a viewpoint known as Grlo Sokolovo, located at the very border of Montenegro and neighboring Albania, from which there is a unique view of the Cijevna canyon, the Albanian settlement Tamare and the Albanian part of the Prokletije that at any time of the year leaves the observer breathless. The tour is easy and adequate for all ages and fitness possibilities, so we recommend it as one in a series of tours which can’t be missed. During this hiking tour we can take a break in the local traditional winery - (optionally), where you will enjoy the tasting high quality wine. We can visit the museum of 'Marko Miljanov' - (optionally), famous writer, military commander, tribal champion and hero, as well as Medun - Meteon Old Town – (optionally). After completing the hiking tour, driving through ''Circle around Kuči'' with photo breaks at the beautiful viewpoints. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay in hotel in Podgorica.
Breakfast at the hotel. Check - out. Driving towards the Mrtvica canyon. Altitude: approx. 586 m Track length: approx. 18 km Difficulty: Easy Readiness: Small-Medium Duration: approx. 5 – 7 hours depending on the readiness and breaks With 'Monte Mare Travel' in this hiking tour you will enjoy the beauty of still not enough explored canyon, but increasingly popular for tourists, true nature lovers. At the very beginning of the tour, at the entrance to the canyon, we will see a small, stone bridge that Prince Danilo raised in 1858 in honor of his mother who originated from this area. The bridge was named 'Danilo's bridge'. Next, by walking along the path leading right along the rock, we will reach the 'Gate of Wish', made up of two rocks connected at the top. Here we will make a short break. You will enjoy the view of a calm and clear river, relaxing a bright blue and green color that brings peace and simplicity to the visitors. For this gate is connected the story that the fairy from Maganik will fulfill your wish, if you throw a jackstone in the river. Just a few steps away, you can hear the great noise of sparkling waterfalls, from which the most attractive are 'White Nerini'. You will notice a thick vegetation that makes this ambience special. And that's not the end. The special attraction of this part is a narrow into the rock that was broken through by the army in 1973, led by General Danilo Jauković. In this way, two villages of Mrtvo Duboko and Velje Duboko were connected, and the locals called it 'Danilo's road'. After the passage of this way also known as 'Mrtvičke Beams', we arrive at Stone Beach where is the end point of the tour. Here we will have a short break for rest. After visiting this sparkling river that abounds with springs, waterfalls and wild rapids and after pass through the rock which seems absolutely impossible when you look from far away, you will feel completely filled and happy. You'll want to visit him again! After completing the tour, we continue our journey towards Kolašin. Check - in apartments/hotel in Kolašin. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Durmitor with a short photo break of Đurđevića Tara bridge. Coming to the starting point. Starting hiking tour. Altitude: approx. 2.523 m Track length: approx. 12 km Difficulty: Medium Readiness: Medium-High Duration: approx. 5 - 7 hours depending on the readiness and breaks This hiking mountain tour starts from the bend Sedlo, towards the north, with a mild climb. Already at the start we will enjoy the beauty of the landscape, we will pass grassy, meadow trails, and sharp rocky roads. We will stretch out underneath the rocks, after which we will enter the beautiful valley of 'Surutka' from where it is looked up the figure of our goal - Bobotov kuk. On the way to the highest peak we will find the wells and we will be refreshed with drinking mountain water. Bobotov Kuk together with peaks 'No Name' Peak (2487 m) and 'Damsel' (Soa, 2440 m) make the highest rocky ridge of Durmitor called Soa Heavenly, which means 'The Underlay of the Sky'. We will enjoy the view of the Škrčka lakes, which are called 'mountain eyes' with the rest of the Durmitor lake group (a total of 18 glacier lakes). From the peaks of Durmitor there is a wonderful view in all directions, which you will definitely permeate with great photos! Be a participant in favorite mountain tour among tourists! The tour is conditioned medium to heavy. The altitude difference that passes from Sedlo to the top is 820m. The final climb is technically more demanding (the last 20 minutes of climb to the top), rocky and requires caution, however: the track has enough space to walk in its entire course, it is secured and has space for a safe step so it is not risky and technically demanding. Return to the hotel/apartment in Kolašin. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Check - out. Driving towards the starting point of the hiking tour. Altitude: approx. 2.117 m Track length: approx. 11 km Difficulty: Medium Readiness: Medium Duration: approx. 5 – 6 hours depending on the readiness and breaks With Monte Mare Travel in this hiking trail that starts from the ski slopes, you will enjoy the natural landscape of this region, the specificities of the flora, various trees, colorful meadows, flowers... Coming to Zekova glava, we have a look like in the palm of the beautiful Pešića Lake. It is located between the peaks of the Zekova glava and Crna glava (Black head). Even thought small, with its beauty, surpasses its size. Bjelasica adorns even Small and Large Ursulovačko and Small and Large Šiško lake which we will also visit. We will take a break in ethno village Vranjak, where you can enjoy the cafeteria and tastes of traditional food, all enjoying it in a natural rural ambience – optionally. Visiting this mountain at any time of the year can’t be unsuccessful! You will always admire her and her surroundings again. Driving towards Ivanova Korita or Cetinje. Check in, overnight stay in a 4* hotel in Ivanova Korita or Cetinje.
Breakfast at the hotel. Driving to the starting point of the hiking tour. Starting hiking tour. The starting point of our ascent is from the Ivanova Korita from the hotel Monte Rosa. Fantastic easy tour to the mountain Lovćen with an amazing view to the bay from the top. Difficulty level: Medium Length: approx. 9 km Elevation: Ascent approx. 850 m Duration of the hike: From approx. 3 to 5 hours (the duration depends on where you want to start and finish the tour, because there are to ways – longer and shorter) After finishing hiking tour, visit Njegoš's mausoleum (461 steps to the top) - optionally. Stairs to Njegoš's mausoleum also lead through the tunnel through the mountain, and after a few minutes walk you arrive to the "sky under the clouds", to the Jezerski vrh – Lake peak, from where all around you is provided as in the palm – approx. 1 hour. Free time. Overnight stay in hotel in Ivanova Korita or Cetinje.
Breakfast at the hotel. Check - out. Driving towards Brajići - the starting point of the tour. Altitude: from approx. 765 m to approx. 40 m Track length: approx. 9 km Difficulty: Medium Readiness: Medium Duration: approx. 4 – 5 hours depending on the readiness and breaks The tour starts from Brajići, by the path to the fortress Kosmač (Austrian fortress from the XIX century). There is a viewpoint and a short break for the sightseeing of the fortress. Then, slowly we continue to the Hunting lodge, climbing to the old Austrian road, and from there by the straight old Austrian road to Ograđenica, where the Spiridon Monastery is located. From Kosmač to Ograđenica, it is about 2h and 30 min walk. When we arrive, we take a bit longer break. Then, we descend with through the wide macadam road to the Rustovo Monastery. From the Rustovo Monastery we go to the viewpoint at Čelobrdo, from where we descend Jegorov path (the whole time view of St. Stefan and Miločer) near the Praskvica monastery. Check – in hotel 4* in Budva/Bečići. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the starting point of the tour. Altitude: approx. 785 m Track length: approx. 5 km Difficulty: Medium Readiness: Medium Duration: approx. 5 – 6 hours depending on the readiness and breaks We will begin mountain hiking through marked paths, through the beauty of untouched nature, over rocky areas, near the wells. We will enjoy fresh air and preserved nature. Vrmac is decorated with numerous plant species and the beauty of rural architecture. We climb to the first viewpoint with a fantastic view of the Tivat bay, while from the other one, we will have open views on Tivat bay and open sea from one and Kotor Bay on the other side. The most important construction we will see is Vrmac fortress, one of the bestpreserved Austro-Hungarian fortifications in the Bay of Kotor, built in 1860. By sightseeing of the remains of the fort, you will discover the way of building Austro-Hungarian objects of that time, and you will be amazed. We come to the top of St. Ilija, from which there is a view of the entire bay and the surrounding mountain peaks. We will take a short break and enjoy the heavenly view. Return to the starting point. Transfer to the place/city of accommodation. Don’t miss this wonderful combination of mountain and sea! Come back to the hotel in Budva/Bečići. Free time. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat) . The end of the arrangement.
- Dress according to the weather
- Take a sweet, energy drink, hat, sun protection
- Readiness: Good physical and mental health
- Waterproof clothes, additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions
- Equipment: Comfortable shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes
- Ticket fee for localities which are not included in price (Njegoš's mausoleum, Marko Miljanov Museum, ZIP LINE...) - additional option for extra fee
- Walk around Black lake (depending on the time of Durmitor – Bobotov kuk hiking tour finish) - additional option for extra fee
- No group size limit. For more than 20 people, price on request.
- Possibility of organizing tourist packages according to your wishes, budget and interests.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the trip due to bad weather conditions.
- Travel health insurance (45 EUR per person) - optional
- Transfer from another airport, port, hotel or accommodation - in the region (additional option for extra fee)
- Tourist guide for hiking tours for a specific language (additional option for extra fee)
- Lunch at the restaurants, local households, wineries (additional option for extra fee)
- Cetinje city tour, Kotor city tour, Budva city tour (additional option for extra fee)
- Wine tasting in local traditional winery (additional option for extra fee)
- Single room use (additional option for extra fee)
- Min age: 12 years