Giants Causeway and Game of Thrones® from Dublin - Touring Exhibition
Venture into the fantasy world of Game of Thrones® as you tour some of Northern Ireland's most memorable filming locations from the hit HBO® series. After a rest stop that breaks up the drive, we stop by the Dark Hedges, where you will stroll beneath the dramatically arched trees, snap photos of the natural wonder, and hear from your guide why it was chosen for the scene of Arya's nailbiting escape from King's Landing.Next stop is the Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland's only UNESCO World Heritage site and one of its most visited attractions. Enjoy the spectacular landscapes, made up of some 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed by ancient volcanic eruptions.
Next, continue to the picturesque coastal village of Ballintoy, where you'll have around 40 minutes of free time. Hear how Ballintoy Harbour served as the location for Theon Greyjoy's return to the Iron Islands, as well as scenes such as Theon's baptism, Euron's crowning, the burning of bannermen by Stannis and Melisandre, and the burial of Balon Greyjoy. We will drive along the Causeway coastal route and go through little towns like Ballycastle where you can enjoy views of Sheep Island and Rathlin Island etc.After that, we drive through the Glens of Antrim to go to Belfast. You will spend around 45 minutes of free time to admire the city sights.
From April 11th to September 1st only, visit the GAME OF THRONES™: THE TOURING EXHIBITION with authentic props, costumes and majestic settings from all seven seasons to create an interactive and immersive Game of Thrones® experience. On days we are visiting the Touring Exhibition, the tour will not include the visit at the Ballintoy Harbour, in order to make time for the exhibition.
See the famous Crown bar, Belfast City Hall and it's Titanic memorial garden, Big Fish and Albert’s Clock etc. So stretch your legs, or grab some food (own expense) at one of the many cafes or restaurants. Your tour ends back in central Dublin around 7:30pm/ 8:30pm.
- Stop at Dark Hedges to snap photos of the dramatic arched trees and hear of Arya's nail biting escape from King's Landing
- Explore the Giant's Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with ample time for discover its legends
- See the beautiful view of islands just off the coast like Rathlin Island, Sheep Island or even Scotland on a nice day
- Drive through the Glens of Antrim
- Enjoy some free time to admire the city sights of Belfast
- Enjoy some free time in Belfast
- In Ballintoy Harbour, take in the view and reflect on all the magic and mystery of Game of Thrones®. On days visiting the Touring Exhibition, the tour will not include the visit at the Ballintoy Harbour, in order to make time for the exhibition.
- Visit the GAME OF THRONES™: THE TOURING EXHIBITION from the 11th of April to the 1st of September
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 to 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport to all locations
- Knowledgeable Tour Guide
- Free time visiting Belfast
- Luggage compartment
- Visit Ballintoy Harbour, the famous Iron Islands in Game of Thrones®. On days we are visiting the Touring Exhibition, the tour will not include the visit at the Ballintoy Harbour, in order to make time for the exhibition.
- Entrance to the GAME OF THRONES™: THE TOURING EXHIBITION - on Summer only (value: £16)
- Personal expenses
- Pick up and drop off from hotels in Dublin
- Food, drinks and any other service not specified
- Groups of 12 people or more will not be accepted, even if the group make separate bookings. This is to ensure that everyone else on the bus can enjoy a good time.
- There can be up to 60 people on board
- Fair bit of walking involved
- Children under 12 not recommended
- Bringing a packed lunch is advised in order to maximise time on the tour
- We do not have any dedicated lunch stop. Restaurants and pubs next to the Giant’s Causeway tend to be a bit overpriced. Also, it would take up the time that you could have spent in exploring the Causeway.
- All times are approximate. The locations might be visited in a different order, depends on traffic and weather.
- On days we are visiting the Touring Exhibition, the tour will not include the visit at the Ballintoy Harbour, in order to make time for the exhibition.
- This tour is independently operated. It is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO® or anyone associated with Game of Thrones®
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1