Private Full Day Old & New Delhi City tour
Take a private 9-hour tour of New and Old Delhi to discover the highlights of India’s capital city. Travel with your guide in an air-conditioned car to UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Humayun's Tomb, Qutub Minar, the Red Fort, and Jama Masjid.
You'll also get a comprehensive introduction to Delhi with commentary from your guide about the city's history and culture, and visits to monuments including India Gate, Parliament Street, and Lotus Temple.
Includes private guide and driver, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Includes private vehicle and guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off
- Customize the itinerary to suit your preferences
- Drive by important government buildings and stop at India Gate
- See at least four World Heritage sites: Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar, Humayun's Tomb, and the Red Fort
- Private full-day tour of Old and New Delhi
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up servicePick-up from your accommodation in Delhi, Gurgaon or Noida
- Disability Serviceswheelchair accessible
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 11 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All parking fees, tolls and taxes, allowances, fuel and interstate taxes
- Pick-up drop-off from your delhi hotel
- Sightseeing by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottle of water and napkin
- Private live tour guide
- Uniformed driver
- Monument entrance fees
- Tips and Gratuities
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel or airport in the morning and take you to meet your tour guide. You will head out to visit the tomb of the Mughal emperor, Humayun. The tomb, located in Nizamuddin East, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993, and was the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent. The expected length of the visit is an hour.
After, visit Qutub Minar, a soaring 73 meter tower, and the tallest brick minaret in the world. It was built in 1193 by Qutub-ud-din Aibak immediately after the defeat of Delhi’s last Hindu kingdom, and is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. The expected length of the visit is 45-minutes.
Next up is the Lotus Temple (closed on Mondays), the last of seven major Bahai temples, and built-in 1986 out of pure white marble. Around the blooming petals are nine pools of water which light up in natural light.
The expected length of the visit is an hour.
After the Lotus Temple visit you’ll be taken toward your luxurious lunch in the multi-cuisine, fully air-conditioned restaurant where you can get all the delicious flavors and delicacies of the city (at own expense).
Next, visit Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India, with its courtyard capable of holding 25,000 devotees.
It was begun in 1650 by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, and more than 5,000 workers toiled for six years to complete it.
The expected length of the visit is 30-minutes.
At the center of New Delhi stands the 42 meter India Gate, an Arc-de-Triomphe-like archway in the middle of a crossroad.
It was built as a memorial to the 70,000 India soldiers killed in World War I. The gate was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and completed in 1931.
The expected length of the visit is 20-minutes.
After the gate, head to the Red Fort, constructed in 1648 by the 5th Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, and the residence of the emperor for about 200 years, until 1857. The Red Fort’s innovative architectural style, including its garden design, influenced later buildings and gardens in Delhi.
It was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007. The expected length of the visit is an hour.
In the evening you will be taken back your hotel, or airport, along with your cherished memories of the Delhi sightseeing tour.
- Please carry a valid photo ID (passport/driving license/student identity card)
- Optional tours of Marble Inlay workshops and a Carpet weaving site can be arranged on request
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Please note: Lotus temple remains closed on every Monday
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1