Jewish Quarter of Barcelona Private Tour
On this 1.5-hour tour, you will have the opportunity to learn about the history of Barcelona’s Jewish community and uncover a part of its past: What was life like for the Jewish community in Barcelona? When did they settle in the city? What became of them?
You will visit the Call Mayor and the Call Menor (the areas which make up Barcelona’s Jewish Quarter) and find out what role they played in Barcelona’s history, as well as discover the city’s most prominent ancient monuments related to the history of the Jewish community: The Ancient Roman Wall, the Ancient Synagogue of Barcelona and La Plaza del Rey (“King’s Square”) found in the Jewish Quarter.
You will also have the chance to unearth those vestiges of Barcelona’s Jewish history which remain hidden and scattered among the squares and alleys of Old Town Barcelona.
So that you can really delve into the history and setting of the Jewish community in Barcelona, our voyage also includes a visit inside the Ancient Synagogue of Barcelona, built during the 3rd and 4th centuries AD.
- Learn with our professional guide about the history of Barcelona’s Jewish community and uncover a part of its past
- Discover the city’s most prominent ancient monuments related to the history of the Jewish community and visit the Ancient Synagogue of Barcelona, built during the 3rd and 4th centuries AD
- Have the chance to unearth those vestiges of Barcelona’s Jewish history which remain hidden and scattered among the squares and alleys of Old Town Barcelona
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- This tour is guaranteed in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German & Italian
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel/accommodation in Barcelona.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee up to 48 hours before the tour starts. If you cancel less than 48 hours before the start of the tour or do not show up for the tour, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour guide who will meet you at your hotel/apartment.
- A welcome pack with a bottle of water and a city map
- Entrance fee to the Ancient Synagogue
- Public transport tickets
- Hotel/Accommodation drop off
- Please, inform in advance in which hotel/apartment you will stay in, you can do it directly on your reservation or you can inform us by phone or by mail, indicating your booking reference.
- Please be aware that the tour included walking tours, comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended.