Himba Tribe & Wildlife – Accommodated Tour
The Himba tribe of Namibia, tall and slender, the proud yet friendly Himba are noted for their unusual sculptural beauty, enhanced by intricate hairstyles and decorations. Etosha National Park is one of the world’s great wildlife-viewing venues.
Unlike other parks in Africa, where you can spend days looking for animals, Etosha’s charm lies in its ability to bring the animals to you.
- Bottled still mineral water on-board the safari vehicle.
- Services of a professional English-speaking safari driver/guide.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Transportation in a 4x4 air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation into quality hotels and lodges
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 7 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available April to November 2019
- Not recommended for children under the age of 7 years
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up serviceWe pick you up from Windhoek International Airport to Windhoek city and drop you off at the same airport after the tour has ended.
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Mineral water on board the safari vehicle.
- Entrance fees and excursions as described in above itinerary.
- Services of a registered and experienced English-speaking safari guide.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned safari vehicle.
- Accommodation as stated in the itinerary.
- ENTRY VISA FEES (make sure to double-check if your country’s citizens need a VISA to enter Namibia or not.
- Gratuities, items of personal nature (telephone expenses, curios, medicines etc).
- Laundry (laundry service available at lodges at extra cost).
- All beverages apart from mineral water on board the safari vehicle.
- Any entrance fees and excursions not included in the above itinerary.
- International flights to Namibia and airport taxes.
On arrival at Windhoek Airport you are met by a Tour Guide from Nali Safaris and you will be transferred to your hotel in Windhoek with the remainder of your afternoon at leisure.
Today around 8:00 your tour guide will pick you up from your accommodation heading to Etosha National Park, Namutoni area, we aim to arrive in the afternoon, take a short time to relax before heading into the park during the cool of the late afternoon for your first game drive. Lunch will in a restaurant en-route.
After your evening meal there are still more chances to see Etosha’s big game at a floodlit waterhole, situated on the boundary of the Resort and easily reachable within a minute or two on foot. The waterhole has been described as one of the “best game viewing opportunities in Southern Africa” and the ideal venue to witness peculiar animal politics.
Black rhino, Africa’s tallest elephants, lion and numerous species of antelope are regular visitors during the cool, dry season.
A full day’s game driving. We suggest you leave early to enjoy the cool morning air as you game drive your way through Etosha. Along the way visit several waterholes where you will be afforded splendid views of the massive Etosha Pan.
The game viewing is usually excellent and you have the chance to tick off a few new species that are not normally seen on the western side of the park.
Leaving Etosha, you begin your journey north-west via the small town of Opuwo to Epupa Falls area in Kaokoland. This is one of the last remaining wilderness areas in Southern Africa. Although it is harsh and offers little respite at midday, the rugged landscape is especially attractive during the early morning and late afternoon when it is transformed into softly glowing pastel shades.
The Himba people inhabit Kaokoland, they are an ancient tribe of semi-nomadic pastorals, many of whom still live and dress according to ancient traditions and live in scattered settlements throughout Kaokoland. They are a slender and statuesque people. The women especially are noted for their unusual sculptural beauty, enhanced by intricate hairstyles and traditional adornments.
o discover the culture and traditions of Ovahimba, we depart very early in the morning after breakfast and drive to a far village that are not frequently visited by tourists for an excursion to visit a Himba village in their remote locale areas. T he proud Himba women spend many hours on beauty care and grooming every day.
They cream their whole body with a mixture of rancid butterfat and ochre, scented with the aromatic resin of the Omuzumba shrub. The cream lends the body an intense reddish glow, which reflects the Himba ideal of beauty. After a wonderful full day of visiting the Himba people, we return back at the lodge to relax for the remaining day and view the beautiful valleys and mountains with breath-taking sunsets.
After an early morning breakfast, we leave Kaokoland Waterberg Plateau Park. Waterberg means: water mountain, it’s a massive table mountain east of Otjiwarongo in the northern reaches of central Namibia. It is about 50 km long, up to 16 km wide and rises from the plains of the Omaheke, as this part of the Kalahari is known, to a height of up to 200 metres.
This natural barrier often intercepts clouds, causing them to release their moisture. Optional activities available, book on arrival.
After an early morning breakfast, we depart for the international airport for your outbound flight, you will be dropped off at Windhoek’s Hosea Kutako International Airport for your outbound flight
- Basic medical kit to include Malaria prophylactics, Anti-histamine cream, Aspirins, Elastoplast, Antiseptic cream or powder, Moisturizing/suntan lotion, Insect repellent.
- Light raincoat for summer rains (Nov-April)
- Visas (if req.), passport, money etc. it is recommended to take US$ in small notes. The guide will recommend how much to exchange along the route. International credit cards are accepted in most towns.
- Binoculars, a camera with good zoom lens & film.
- Swimming costume, Sweater/anorak/parka for cold evenings.
- Comfortable walking shoes and good quality socks, Shorts/skirts/trousers/slacks, Comfortable T-shirts and long-sleeved shirts.
- A good quality pair of sunglasses.
- Soft type duffel bag for luggage or suitcases.