Private Golden Circle Tour
Discover the beauty and history to be found on the Golden Circle day tour in a comfortable 4WD SUV guided by a professional certified local guide.
Enjoy the drive across lava fields as you head to a volcanic crater. Listening to facts and fairy tales from your driver guide about the area gives the lunar-like landscape a new meaning. After the stop by the crater where you have the opportunity to explore the surrounding of the crater with your guide, it is time to head to the next nature pearl.
Next two stops include breathtakingly beautiful waterfalls. Accompanied with your guide you will explore the surrounding of the falls and learn about local stories related to them.
Great photo opportunities will be here. From the waterfalls, it is time to pay a visit to the remarkable hot spring area to get the chance to stand up close to an erupting geyser. This is the kind of experience worth having on your bucket list.
Last but by no means least, stop on the tour will be in a national park which is partly located on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Here you will drive from the Eurasian plate over to the North American plate. The park is on the world heritage list. Your guide will also pick carefully selected stops for you on this tour to enjoy a beautiful view and a great photo opportunity as well.
By the end of the tour, you will be driven back to the place you were picked up.
- Þingvellir National Park
- Geyser hot spring area
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Faxi waterfall
- Kerið volcanic crater
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The group price is for 1 - 4 people maximum
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels, guesthouses, Airbnb's and Port in Reykjavík City.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Bottled water
- Comfortable SUV vehicle
- Parking fee for the national park
- Admission fee for the crater
- Live commentary on board
- Certified local driver-guide
- Private tour
- Pick up service
- Any expense of personal nature
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Please include pick up details when making your booking.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1