Snaefellsjokull glacier is a 1446 m high dormant strata-volcano in the middle of Snaefellsnes National Park and the crater is ca 200 m deep.
It is the main tourist attraction in the peninsula of Snaefellsnes, towering over the national park at the far end of the 90 km long stretch of land.
The renowned writer Jules Verne wrote his science fiction in 1864, Journey to the Center of the Earth, about a group of scientists who ventured into the crater of Snaefellsjokull glacier. Snaefellsnes is one of few places in Iceland with golden and pink beaches, natural mineral springs, beautiful rhyolite mountains and volcanic craters, including the spatter cone Eldbog.
Arnarstapi and Hellnar are not to be missed. Driving around Snaefellsnes peninsula, you will pass several, small fishing villages, as well as Mt Kirkjufell which is said to be the most beautiful mountain on the peninsula.
- Eldborg crater
- Mt Kirkjufell
- Snaefellsjolull glacier
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 11 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Price is for a group with a maximum number of 6 people
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceAt all hotels and guesthouses in the greater Reykjavík area
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- English speaking driver guide
- Private luxury SUV
- Water bottles
- During winter months we are working with very limited daylight hours. This may result in some of the sites being visited in dusk or darkness, or skipped altogether. We will do our best to avoid this, but ask for your understanding should this happen. Operation, choice of roads and availability of activities is dependent on weather and road conditions, so the tour needs to remain flexible
- Stops will be made where you can purchase lunch Jeans are not suitable clothing; water proof jacket and shoes and a warm sweater are recommended