Punkva Cave, Macocha Abyss and Pernstejn Castle - Full Day Tour from South Moravian
This is a very popular one day trip from Brno which combines a bit of architecture in a small village Křtiny with a beautiful Baroque church. The village sits on the boundary of the Moravian Karst nature reserve.
It's a tiny, tiny village with a HUGE Baroque church. It's actually shocking when you drive into the village and see this gigantic Baroque pilgrimage site, The Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and other buildings that make up this Premonstratensian monastery that positively dominates the landscape. You immediately know why its referred to as the "Pearl of Moravia".
There is also an ossuary below the church which has twelve skulls with the letter "T" painted on them.
We also do a bit of easy hiking in the Moravian Karst which is full of caves. Visit the Macocha Abyss, the Punkva Cave, (open all year round) and see the Pernstejn Castle.
I have been on this trip so many times with my clients or friends and never got bored.
At lunchtime, we usually stop at a popular restaurant which in Fall serves venison and game and traditional Czech dishes.
Duration: full day 9 hours
Distance from Brno: 50 km / 70 km Pernstejn Castle
Travel: by car (or a mini coach in case of more than 3 clients.)
Ride on an electric train to the cave.
Gondola ride to the top of the abyss.
- See the huge Baroque Church in the tiny Village of Křtiny
- Visit the Pernstejn Castle
- Ride in an electric train to the Punkva Cave
- Gondola ride to the top of the Macocha Abyss
- Fully escorted with informative commentary
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 9 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- On Request
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick you up at the place of your stay in Brno upon request
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- Private Guide
- Entrance fees to the cave
- Gondola/ lift to the cave
- Entrance fee to Pernstejn Castle
Pick up from your place of stay in Brno
We enter the Caves at approximately 10.00 where we will explore for around 2 hours
Lunch is at your own expense but you will be brought to one of the popular restaurants in the area where you can try traditional Czech food. In the Fall, Venison and game is served.
The final stop of this tour is at Pernstejn Castle.
The tour ends with drop off back to your hotel in Brno
- The castles close for the low season, it means the Pernstejn Castle is not open between November till the end of March
- No attractions are open on Mondays in the Czech Republic
- Please wear warm clothes to the cave, the overall temperature is plus 8ºC