6-Days Lhasa and Shigatse Small Group Tour
This classic 6-day tour offers to a chance to explore the central Tibet tour, takes you to the three biggest old cities: Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse.
By visiting these places, you will get a complete impression of Tibet's religion, cultural treasures, and dreamlike landscape.
From the greatest Tibetan architecture Potala Palace, the bustling markets of the Barkor Street, tourists can watch Tibetans as they prostrate around the most sacred temple Jokhang and monks debate in Sera monastery and enjoy the astonishing beauty of Holy Yamdrok Lake and Karo Glacier.
Visit the Tashilumpo Monastery which stores the biggest copper Buddha statue in the world.
Gyantse has the Tibet largest stupa with 100,000 Buddhist statues inside.
- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Sera Monastery: One of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace
- Yamdrok-tso: A sacred lake with stunning blue water on a almost desert mountain background
- Tashilunpo monastery: The seat of the Panchen Lama
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- This tour runs until November 2019
- Pick-up servicePick up from Lhasa Airport or train station
- Easy CancellationDate of Cancellation 1 month in advance 20% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. 7 to 29 days in advance 30% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. Less than 7 days in advance 50% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. No show 100% of total trip cost
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train statin and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 5 nights of 3 star hotel twin sharing accommodation with breakfast
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
- Oxygen bottle provided during the tour days in Tibet
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotel
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel.
Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Brahmaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.
After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to the high altitude.
If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colours and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai Lama.
It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet.
The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century.
Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve.
Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple.
Around the temple is Barkhor street, where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market.
Besides, We can taste Tibetan tea with locals in tea house; The welcome dinner will also be arranged accordingly;
With time permitting, you may go with the tour guide to visit Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine centre. You can upgrade your service to enjoy Tibetan Culture Show in the evening for an extra charge.
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples.
You can visit the biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet.
The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
In addition, you can tour the Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, you can see three sand Mandalas and colourful Rock Painting of Buddha.
Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse and admire the Gampala pass (4790 m) on the way, and get a glimpse of Yamdrok-Tso (4400m), which is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains.
Then continue to drive west towards Gyantse.
In Gyantse, tourists will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum.
After one and a half hour's drive, clients will arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet.
Today, explore Tashilunpo monastery of Gelug Sect, the seat of the Panchen Lama, built in 1447.
The monastery houses a giant statue of the Maitreya Buddha - the biggest gilded statue of Maitreya (Buddha of the future) in the world and a tomb of all the Panchen Lama, containing jewels and gold.
In the afternoon, you will drive back to Lhasa, which will take around 6 hours.
Transfer clients to the airport or train station.
- f tourists' picking-up/dropping-off time is beyond our fixed schedule, they are required to pay for a private transfer
- If passengers are less than 3 per transfer, we may use publish transportation like public airport bus or Taxi instead of using our shuttle service.
- If you are a solo traveler, you need to share one room with another tourist (same sex in most cases); if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement.
- For the new-comers of Tibet, to get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet having a good sleep in your hotel is a good option. Do not rush to visit attractions inside Lhasa city.
- Trip level easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups