Private Introduction to Slavery Tour
This is a driving tour that includes walking as a major segment of the tour.
The tour explains the institution of slavery and focuses on the plight of slaves rather than the wealth, social standing and political connections of plantation owners so often discussed on standard plantation tours.
It explains how the institution of slavery fueled the industrial revolution and credits slaves as the driving force of that economic progress.
- Listen to talks about the historical institution of slavery and the plight of slaves
- Hear how the institution of slavery fueled the industrial revolution
- For some, it is a moving experience unlike those at other plantations
- Primarily a walking tour outside in the fields, memorials and slave quarters rather than the main house
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour is priced up to 4 visitors. Ask for a quote for additional visitors.
- Note: This plantation requires reservations in advance, so booking this tour far in advance is recommended.
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick you up at your hotel and return you there or any pre-arranged location downtown.
- Disability ServicesWe welcome people with mobility limitations but caution you to know that the path traveled is not paved and is uneven. No elevator is on site, meaning access to the main house upper floor may prove to be a challenege for some visitors.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Admission to the plantation is included in the published price.
- Licensed and insured guide, narration, helpful recommendations
- Personal expenses
- Umbrellas are provided as well as misting stations.
- As a combined driving and walking tour, know that walking paths are uneven.
- W recommend customers hydrate well, drinking plenty of water before and during the walking segment of the tour.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress accordingly.