Bards & Barflies of Bohemia Tour
Here's your invitation to go Bohemian in New Orleans! Or hatch your inner barfly, if you like, in this two-hour, small-group literary walking tour and pub crawl through the French Quarter. We meet at cocktail hour at Cosimo's, a cozy corner bar that has welcomed locals and visitors alike since 1933. Then it's up Burgundy Street through the serenely beautiful lower Quarter to see the fine homes, or cheap hovels, where Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote, William Faulkner and William Burroughs lived and wrote.
Close your eyes at an elegant townhouse on St. Peter Street and you will almost hear the rattling wheels and clanging bells that inspired "A Streetcar Named Desire." Along the way, your well-versed guide (a former magazine editor and publisher) may stop to deliver a written-in-New-Orleans, only-in-New-Orleans poem or two by Walt Whitman or Charles Bukowski.
And if you're wondering what sophisticates Oscar Wilde and Simone de Beauvoir were up to when they breezed through town, all will be revealed...along with anything you'd like to know about history, architecture, music, food and life in the Quarter today.
Your sojourn in Bohemia ends with a toast to genius and farewell round of Sazerac cocktails at Tujague's, the oldest stand-up bar in America where a young riverboat pilot named Samuel Clemens would amuse fellow patrons with tales of his "Life on the Mississippi."
- Sightseeing around some of the cities unique areas including drinks and cocktails along the way
- Your guide is a local and former magazine editor who loves the city
- See the homes of Truman Capote & Tennessee Williams on Burgundy Street
- Cocktails at Cosimo's Bar (opened in 1933)
- Walk around the famous French Quarter and visit the may Clubs
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Experienced guide, printed poems and prose excerpts by writers encountered on tour
- Purchased beverages for on premise consumption or
- Stay with your guide and be aware of your surroundings
- Bring photo identification with you as the legal age for drinking in the US is 21
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking