El Yunque Rainforest Experience - Off the beaten path!
The first stop will be at a local fruit stand for a cultural experience and to buy our fresh fruit for the day (incl.) Here you can try the local fritters and/or a fresh fruit smoothy. After this stop, the tour will continue to the majestic rainforest.
We take you off the beaten path by visiting the south side of the El Yunque rainforest for a 25- minute hike to an amazing spot called Las Tinajas! Descend here to the natural pool where you can swim, relax, or try out the rope swing above the water. For more adventure, you can continue following your guide by climbing further upriver, and over the big rocks formations, for (about 15 minutes). Enjoy the waterfalls, slide down the natural water slide, or make a 40-feet foot cliff jump into the river! Your guide will prepare delicious local fresh fruits once you’ve reached the natural pool.
It’s time for lunch! We take you to the popular Luquillo Kiosko’s, where you’ll find souvenir shops and a choice of 60 different restaurants located on a strip located along the beach. Here you can taste the local flavours of Puerto Rican cuisine, fresh seafood and much more. After this stop, you will be transported back to your accommodation!
- Pick Up From Accommodation or Central Meeting Point Plaza Colon
- A Stop at Local Fruit Stands to Buy Fresh Fruit for the Day (Incl.) Try a Local Fritter and/or a Fresh Fruit Smoothy (Excl.)
- A Las Tinajas Rainforest Experience
- A Drive Back to San Juan Area
- Last Drop Off at Location
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- All participants pay the adult price
- A minimum of 4 adults is required to book this tour
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- A Tour guide
- fresh fruit for the day
- lunch and drinks
- Wear a bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and an extra pair of clothing.
- Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work.
- Have a good breakfast before departing on tour.
- Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails, and have the balance to walk by uneven surfaces without assistance.
- Pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with previous injuries, back problems or recent surgery should not participate in this tour.