Afro-Puerto Rican Heritage Tour
Experience with us the roots of Puerto Rico on this 5-hour combination tour where you will enjoy deserted beaches and scenic views. You will visit an open cave in the historical park Maria de la Cruz and learn about the Folklore Bomba dance. You get to see unique art galleries of local artists and get to try the local cuisine at one of the many restaurants in the area!
We will pick you up from your accommodation and drive to the Loiza Pinones area where the African heritage can be seen all around town—the music, dance, art and food are all deeply rooted in African tradition. See how the locals live here and prepare their food on wood-fire BBQs.
We visit 1 or 2 local art galleries/workshops of the famous Puerto Rican artists Castor Ayala and Samuel Lind. As you walk inside, you might get overwhelmed by the colours and beauty of the art. The work is mainly inspired by their life in Loiza, its nature, people, beauty and heritage. You can bring home a souvenir if you like!
At the Historical Park Maria de la Cruz in Loiza, we explore the cave that is more of a large open area than a deep cave system. The park is of great historical value to the area with lots of interesting facts to discover. You will learn a little bit about the Folklore Bomba music and dance through a short workshop.
Our next stop is at the beautiful tropical beach Vacia Talega, where we will take you on a short 10- minute hike through the bush to a scenic view, overlooking the cliffs, beach and ocean!
- A visit an open cave in the historical park Maria
- see the unique art galleries of local artists
- You will learn a little bit about the Folklore Bomba music
- A short dance workshop
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up serviceYou will be picked up at the address of your accommodation in the San Juan metropolitan area. Guests staying in Old San Juan or arriving on cruise ships will be picked up from central meeting point Plaza Colon, taxi stand.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance Fees
- Any expense of personal nature
- Dress comfortably and remember that Puerto Rico is hot and humid. Dress comfortably and remember that Puerto Rico is hot and humid.