The African-American Experience Tour (Half-day)
Journey through the city streets and discover the cultural haven that is Nashville.
Step into the flamboyant and the tragic history of the African Americans and witness the cultural revival of Nashville.
Scattered all around the city, in museums, near monuments and in the streets, pieces of the rich African American culture have been carefully collected and patiently organized.
Join us for this memorable walking tour and walk in the footsteps of fierce revolutionaries like Diane Nash, fierce leader of the civil rights movement in Nashville.
Hear the missing chapters in the story of Nashville that include juicy untold stories about music and culture.
Capture unforgettable images of unique attractions of the city's cultural treasures and conversation pieces.
Dare to journey with us and take part in this social justice journey of civil and human rights.
Be the change and the example that our society needs.
- Touch the original stools were brave people sit during the Civil Rights protests
- Experience a fun “behind-the-scenes” take on the story of the Music City with an “off-the-beaten-path” approach.
- Engage in meaningful conversations about race and diversity
- Taste the flavor of authentic southern food at our last stop (optional).
- See rare and unique attractions that make for the best photo ops.
- Hear stories about the Civil Rights Movement as we visit stops on the U.S. Civil Rights Trail.
- Experience African American history, culture and entertainment
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the early African American experience
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children under 7 are free of charge
- Tour Months: February - November Tour Days: Tuesday & Thursday Time: 9am - 1:00pm
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceMeet at the front door of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
- Reflective questions & Critical converstations
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wear comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing.
- Our tours run rain or shine. Please dress for the weather!