Swiss Traditions - Appenzellerland
Drive in a comfortable minibus (maximum 16 passengers) on the panoramic highway along beautiful Lake Zürich to the Lindt Chocolate Shop, heaven for all chocolate lovers!
Buy some of the most delicious Swiss chocolate at best conditions as a gift for your friends and family back home.
Continue via the city of Rapperswil with its medieval castle to the green and hilly region of Appenzell.
In Stein, you visit the show dairy where the famous Appenzeller cheese is made!
Learn about the cheese production and try some samples of this rich aged cheese during a cheese tasting.
Enjoy your afternoon at leisure (approximately four hours) discovering the picturesque village of Appenzell.
Stroll through the quaint pedestrian zone with its painted wooden houses.
Enjoy a local speciality in one of the cosy restaurants, pass by at the visitor centre of the local brewery "Brauquöll Appenzell" and visit the heritage museum.
You will be fascinated by its rich culture and interesting history.
In the late afternoon, meet again your guide who leads you to the square of the cantonal assembly, the "Landsgemeindeplatz", and explains you the particular, political traditions of this region.
Furthermore, you visit a traditional bakery before driving back to Zürich.
- Lindt Chocolate Shop visit with free sample (no factory visit)
- Stunning, green and hilly countryside as seen in Heidi movies
- Entrance to Appenzeller cheese factory, including cheese tasting
- Time at leisure (approximately 3 hours) in Appenzell, a picturesque village where Swiss traditions are still alive
- Cultural and historical museum of Appenzell focussing on embroideries, handicraft and traditional customs
- Small group for a more personal experience: maximum 16 passengers
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- May to October the tour operates on Monday, Wednesday and Fridy
- In April, November and December the tour operates an a Monday and Friday
- Infants (0 – 5 years): not recommended on our small group excursions. Exceptions on request.
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Live guide in English and German
- Transportation in comfortable minibus (maximum 16 passengers)
- Visit of Lindt Chocolate Shop
- Visit of show dairy, including cheese tasting
- Admission to the Appenzell Heritage Museum
- Personal expenses
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.
- There will be no guide during leisure time in Appenzell