Engelberg - Typical Alpine Village
On a scenic route, crossing the Albis Pass and through beautiful landscapes along the shores of the Lake of the Four Cantons reach the charming town of Lucerne.
Enjoy the drive while your guide narrates about the interesting Swiss history and points out the most remarkable landmarks.
Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief orientation drive in Lucerne, where your guide points out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Centre.
Enjoy then some leisure time to shop some souvenirs and to explore the quaint Old Town on your own.
The journey continues to Engelberg, a typical Swiss alpine village located in the sunny basin under the north-face of Mt. Titlis. Surrounded by majestic mountains, the village was originally founded by Benedictine monks.
Their imposing Baroque-style monastery with the largest organ in Switzerland still dominates the centre.
Stroll around the village, visit the monastery with its cheese making facilities or hike one of the well-prepared trails in the beautiful surroundings during your approximately three hours leisure time.
In the late afternoon, return via Lucerne to Zürich.
- Panorama drive to Lucerne with photo stop en route (Lake Lucerne or Lion Monument)
- Introduction to Lucerne, including main sights
- Guided coach transfer Lucerne–Engelberg and back
- Leisure time in Lucerne approximately 1 hour
- Leisure time in Engelberg approximately 3 hours
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, Spanish
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available on a daily basis except 04 - 15 November 2019 due to operation schedule of Titlis tour
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age of 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Partly live guide in English, German and Spanish
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Personal expenses
- There will be no guide during leisure time in Engelberg
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.