Into the Alps - Swiss Mountain Passes
This small group excursion in a comfortable minibus (maximum 16 passengers) heads out over the Brünig Pass (1008m) to the majestic Bernese Oberland.
Visit the remarkable Aare Gorge and cross it on a short walk on secure footbridges and through tunnels to the other end of the canyon.
See the blue glacier water of the torrential river, which sculptured this impressive natural wonder in ancient times.
After some free time for lunch, you ascend the Grimsel Pass-through wild landscapes.
On the top (2165m), an amazing view over the Dead Lake rewards you.
Continue to the imposing Rhone Glacier located at an altitude of 2300m.
Walk through the 100m long magnificent blue Ice Tunnel to reach the Ice Room - a once in a lifetime experience!
Warm up with a hot drink and relish the spectacular view down to the valley before you continue to the Furka Pass, the highest point of today's journey at 2431m.
Enjoy the magnificent vistas over Gotthard Massif and the Urseren Valley before you descend to the mountain resort of Andermatt.
Continue through the Schöllenen Gorge with the legendary Devil's Bridge.
After the last picture stop, the return journey begins.
- Scenic drive through stunning countryside
- Brünig Pass 1'008 m.a.s.l.
- Grimsel Pass 2'165 m.a.s.l.
- Furka Pass 2'431 m.a.s.l.
- Aare Gorge
- Rhone Glacier
- Devil’s Bridge at Schöllenen Gorge
- Small group for a more personal experience: maximum16 passengers
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Infants (0 – 5 years): not recommended on our small group excursions. Exceptions on request.
- This tour operates on a Thursday and Sunday from June 2019 to September 2019
- Due to the limited accessibility of the high mountain passes, the tour can only run for a few months in summer.
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Live guide in English and German
- Transportation in comfortable minibus (maximum 16 Passengers)
- Admission to Aare Gorge and Rhone Glacier
- Personal expenses
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.