Stanserhorn - Open Top Cable Car
Enjoy a scenic coach journey through beautiful countryside via the Albis Pass and along the shores of the Lake of the Four Cantons to Lucerne.
Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief orientation drive, where your guide points out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Centre.
Enjoy the following leisure time to stroll Lucerne's beautiful Old Town.
Continuation to Stans where you board the vintage funicular train for an unforgettable ride through blooming meadows to the valley station of the World’s first CabriO!
The latest masterpiece of Swiss engineering is a unique open-top aerial cable car taking you up to Mt. Stanserhorn (1900m).
The unimpaired view from the roofless upper deck of the gondola is truly memorable.
On the top of the mountain, a magnificent panorama over ten lakes, 100 kilometres of the alpine mountain range and three countries awaits you.
Take the short hike around the peak and visit the marmot park to watch these cute animals play.
Relish a typically Swiss dish in the revolving restaurant Rondorama before you descend again to Stans.
Then take a public train ride back to Lucerne to enjoy some additional time in this lovely city.
Meet your guide in the evening for the coach ride back to Zürich.
- Our professional, multi-lingual guide accompanies the tour from Zürich to Stans and from Lucerne to Zürich. The way up and down Mt. Stanserhorn and the train ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- Panorama drive to Lucerne with photo stop en route (Lake Lucerne or Lion Monument)
- Introduction t Lucerne, including main sights
- Leisure time (approx 1 hour) in Lucerne
- Old timer funicular train ride
- World’s first open top aerial cable car
- Revolving restaurant (meals and drinks not including) & Marmotpark
- Public train ride Stans-Lucerne
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age of 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- The way up and down Mt. Stanserhorn and the train ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- This tour is available daily from May to October
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Partly live guided in English and German (Spanish on request)
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Vintage cable car and CabriO aerial cable car
- Public train to Lucerne
- Personal expenses
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.