Rigi - Queen of the Mountains
The journey starts with a lovely coach ride crossing the Albis Pass and along beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons to Weggis, a charming summer resort on the shores of the lake.
Board the aerial cable car to Rigi Kaltbad where you change to Europe‘s first ever mountain railway up to the summit Rigi-Kulm (1800m).
The unsurpassed views from the top of this majestic mountain to the midland with its deep blue lakes and the snowcapped mountain range will overwhelm you!
A variety of well-prepared hiking trails invite you for a walk and cosy alpine restaurants offer a decent selection of typical, hearty meals all accompanied by the amazing alpine panorama.
In winter, you might fancy renting a sledge and zoom down the valley.
In the afternoon, descent by cogwheel train to Vitznau and board the public boat for a lovely one-hour cruise on the picturesque Lake of the Four Cantons towards Lucerne.
Enjoy a stroll on the medieval streets of the charming Old Town and see the famous Chapel Bridge, the Jesuit Church and the Town-Hall.
Further recommendations are a visit to the Swiss Museum of Transport, the biggest museum in Switzerland or for art lovers the Rosengart Museum with works of the famous artists Picasso and Paul Klee.
In the evening, meet your guide again for the coach journey back to Zürich.
- Our professional, multi-lingual guide accompanies the tour from Zürich to Weggis and from Lucerne to Zürich. The way up and down Mt. Rigi and the boat ride to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- Panorama drive to Central Switzerland
- Aerial cable car ride Weggis–RigiKaltbad (except during maintenance)
- Europe’s first ever mountain cogwheel railway: Rigi - Kaltbad - Rigi Kulm - Vitznau
- 1 hour boat ride on Lake Lucerne (Vitznau–Lucerne)
- Time at leisure in Lucerne
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The way up and down Mt. Rigi and the boat ride to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- Children from the age of 16 pay the full adult rate
- Children from the age of 6-15 pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children from the age of 0-5 are free of charge
- This tour is available on a daily basis
- 01 - 18 April 2019 and 04 - 15 November 2019 Ascent and descent by cogwheel train only (due to aerial cable car maintenance)
- Pick-up serviceSihlquai Bus Station
- Easy CancellationRegular Tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the Tour start free of charge.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Partly live guide in English and German (Spanish on request)
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Cable car and cogwheel train
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne
- Admission fees and equipment rental
- Personal expenses
- For the check-in we require your confirmation details and a proof of identity (ID).
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start at our departure point.