Ifugao Villages Trek
Ifugao is the name of the region and the people famous for the Banaue rice terraces that stand out among other terraced crop paddies in the world because of their magnitude and beauty. But, unknown to many, the grandeur of the Ifugao province extends far beyond Banaue.
This adventure takes us deep into the Ifugao region to places that most tourists do not see. We trek through stunning scenery of mountains, rice terraces and forests and stop at native communities along the way.
We interact with the fascinating Ifugaos and get a deep appreciation of their culture by making a different village our home each night.
- Trek through spectacular mountains, forests, rivers and waterfalls.
- See various styles of rice terraces.
- Visit four (4) different Ifugao villages.
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Min 2 people per booking
- Easy Cancellationi) Cancellation 45 days or more before departure: no fees. Full refund. ii) Cancellation 44-15 days before departure: 50% of cost of services booked. iii) Cancellation less than 15 days before departure: 100% of cost of services booked.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Guiding service.
- All fees associated with the specified activities.
- Two (2) nights accommodations in village inns.
- All land transportation for the duration of the trip.
- Airport/ hotel transfers. The tour starts and ends at a bus station in Manila.
- Tipping. Tips to restaurant waiters, local guides, etc. are not expected but appreciated. Your trip leader can suggest an appropriate amount. Also, if you are happy with the service of your Trip Leader, a tip at the end of your adventure will be greatly appreciated.
- Personal trekking gear (backpack, hiking shoes/boots, etc.)
- Travel insurance.
- Food and beverage.
The group assembles in Manila in the evening and we get some shut-eye while we travel through winding mountain roads. When we wake up we will be in Banaue, home of the famous rice terraces, often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world.
Our trek through the Ifugao mountains begins at the Awan Igid viewpoint. We hike three (3) hours through richly forested mountains until we get to a high point with a view of Pula, our first Ifugao village. After admiring the houses and rice terraces from afar we hike down to the village and get a more intimate experience of Pula by spending our first night there.
After breakfast we hike four (4) hours to Cambulo, our second Ifugao village. The rice terraces of Cambulo are characterized by their pyramid-like appearance, with the terraces cut almost 360 degrees around the mountains. From Cambulo it is another three (3) hour hike to Batad, famous for its amphitheater of rice terraces. The night is spent at a village inn with a spectacular view of the terraces.
In the morning we hike three (3) hours to visit Tappiyah waterfalls and explore the village and rice terraces of Batad. After lunch we hike three (3) hours to Bangaan, the final village of our adventure. On the way we pass through more rice paddies and see picturesque villages and rice terraces in the distance. We reach Bangaan in mid-afternoon and drive back to Banaue to get some well-deserved food and booze before catching our evening bus to Manila.
At around 4AM we arrive at the same bus station where our trip started.
- Accommodations will be in very basic village inns that have running water but communal bathrooms.
- You will need to carry a backpack with three (3) days worth of clothes, though you have the option of hiring a porter.
- The physical demand of the trip is very high, with each day involving three (3) to seven (7) hours of hiking on moderately hilly to steep terrain.