Montenegro 6 Day Relaxation Tour
Visit beautiful cities, fantastic beaches, central area and historical sites on this fantastic 6-day tour. Begin by exploring Podgorica, the capital of Montenegro, and see all of its major highlights.
One of the most popular tourist destinations is, Ostrog Monastery, which was constructed in the 17th century. Believers of all religions from different parts of the world visit this monastery in large numbers.
On this tour, you get the chance to visit two wineries. At Sipčanik vineyard you get to ride on a tourist train (if visit is in summer period) as well as try the local wine along with traditional snacks.
On every day of this tour, you will get the chance to take some fantastic photos, especially at Pavlova side, where the scenes are depicted on many postcards in Montenegro. Another excellent photo stop is at Niagara Falls (appear depending on the season), one of the most beautiful and accessible waterfalls in Montenegro.
Explore Budva, which is famous for its nightlife, its squares and streets. There are many restaurants to enjoy, which are dominated by Mediterranean and Montenegrin cuisine. The city is one of the oldest on the Adriatic Sea and dates back to over 3,450 years ago. Most of the architecture is of Venetian origin, although there are many buildings from Roman times.
Budva has a large number of cultural and historical monuments, monasteries and churches that document past historical and social events in the area of the Budvanska Riviera. Among the most famous churches are the Church of St. John the Evangelist, built in the 7th century, the Church of Santa Maria “in Punta” from 840, and the church of the Holy Trinity from 1804. Budva is often referred to as the “metropolis of tourism” as it is the most visited destination in Montenegro and one of the most visited ones on the Adriatic.
Across the coast of Perast, there are two beautiful islands, Saint Đorđe, which is a natural island, and the man-made island of Our Lady of the Rocks. Legend says that on July 12, 1452, two fishermen found the icon of the Virgin Mary on the rock and that settlers thought it was a sign that the island and the church were to be built there. There were not enough rocks to build the church and people would bring rocks to the island, and this ritual is in place today as the throwing of stones around the island still exists.
The church itself was built in 1630 and is abundant with frescoes depicting scenes from the life of Jesus Christ, Virina and Prophets, as well as 2000 silver plates showing details of sea victories. In the museum is the famous needlepoint of the Virgin made with hair, and which is a work by Perastanka Kunić in 1828.
Located on the road between Podgorica and the Montenegrin coast is the small fishing village Virpazar. In the past, Virpazar was considered as strategically important, and the occupying Turks built a large fortress – Besac, on the hill above the village. After their fall, Virpazar became an important trading city. Today it serves as the main gateway to Skadar Lake National Park. Here you will enjoy exploring this picturesque town on Skadar lake.
At Bar, you will visit one of the most important archaeological sites in the world, an Old Olive Tree – for which it is believed to be the oldest in Europe and one of the oldest in the world).
At the end of this tour, you will feel that you definitely have seen some of the best sights in Montenegro.
- Visit Virpazar
- Wine tasting at Šipčanik vineyard
- See Novak Milošev’s monument
- Visit Ostrog monastery
- Kotor Old Town
- Boat to the island of Our Lady of the Rocks
- Explore Budva
- Miločer park
- Cetinje Monastery and Ćipuri church
- Amazing photo opportunities at Pavlova side
- City sightseeing Podgorica
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Fully licensed travel guides
- All transfers included
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Visit Old Olive Tree
- Enjoy the day in Old Town of Bar and Ulcinj, as well as The Great Beach - Ada Bojana
- Photo break at Niagara waterfalls (appear depending on the period of the year)
- Taking walk along Tivat and its luxurious marina Porto Montenegro
- Taking photos of Saint Stefan island - unique in the world, at the same time island - city - hotel
- Discover Cetinje 'small city museum'' - The Old Royal Capital of Montenegro
- Visit Rijeka Crnojevića known as''Montengrin Venice''
- Taste high quality wines at the Local Traditional Winery
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from either Podgorica or Tivat airport or Tivat/Kotor/Bar port
- Easy Cancellation30 days before the beginning of the travel free cancellation 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel 30% of total package amount as charges 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel 50% of total package amount as charges 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel 80% of total package amount as charges 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel 90% of total package amount as charges 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel 100% of total package amount as charges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 8 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- lunch at the restaurant in Ada Bojana (the Great beach), included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (5th day)
- lunch in Podgorica, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (4th day)
- touristic train riding in Ćemovsko field (4th day – only available during the summer season)
- wine tasting in wine cellar Šipčanik (4th day)
- lunch in Kotor, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (3rd day)
- lunch in Cetinje, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (2nd day)
- wine tasting at Local traditional winery (2nd day)
- boat ride to the Our Lady of the Rocks and back
- tourist tax
- tickets: King Nikola’s Museum, Church of Our Lady of The Rocks, Marko Miljanov museum, National park Skadar lake, Old Olive Tree, Old Town of Bar, Old Town of Ulcinj.
- travel insurance
- road expenses and parking
- travel expenses
- residence tax and insurance
- 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Podgorica - 5 nights (BB)
- licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- transfer airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Tivat/Bar) – hotel – airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat)
- Other non - program costs
- Visits to the bars and restaurants not listed in the program
- Drinks and food during excursions not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Saint Stefan entrance for sightseeing an island
- Boat cruising in Rijeka Crnojevića
- Travel health insurance
- • Tickets: for localities which are not listed in *Included in price (Cathedral of St. Tryphon in Kotor, the Maritime Museum in Kotor, City Walls ‘Citadel’ in Budva, localities in Cetinje excepting King Nikola’s Museum…)
Day 1 - Arrival at the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat). Accommodation in 4-star hotel in Podgorica. City sightseeing. We will welcome you to the airport, and then head towards Podgorica. We start a panoramic sightseeing tour with a guide, after which we will head to the hotel. Check - in. Meeting at an agreed time, and start easy walking through the city accompanied by a guide – approx. 2 hours. We start the tour from the Republic Square - the main city square. We will pass through Bokeška Street with nice cafes and urban look, a favorite place for young people to go out. We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city. We will visit the Sastavci or the Skaline - the oldest bridge in Podgorica, according to the historical facts that was established during the Roman rule. We will visit the Clock Tower and the Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica which preserves rich historical and cultural heritage. The most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period is the Clock Tower, which is a symbol of Podgorica. It still dominates the area of Old Town with its height. Then we will continue towards Centre of Contemporary Art - Kruševac - the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović. Then we continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third largest Orthodox temple in the world. In the end we visit St. George Church which dates from the IX-XI century; belongs to the oldest active worship of the Christian chapel in the area of Montenegro and beyond. Back to the hotel. Spare time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. After breakfast starting the tour at the agreed time. Drive towards Local Traditional Winery – approx. 30 min. Sightseeing winery, wine cellar and vineyards. Listening about production of wines, brandies, liqueurs, jams… Tasting of wine, grape brandy, liqueurs – approx. 1 hour. Continuing to Rijeka Crnojevića with photo break on Pavlova side, one of the most attractive viewpoints in Montenegro, the most famous "picture card" of Montenegro. Arriving at Rijeka Crnojevića. Sightseeing. Free time form coffee at one of the restaurants or boat cruising and enjoy the view of the wonderful natural beauties – approx. 1h (optionally – depending on the weather conditions). Drive to Cetinje – approx. 20 min. Arrival at Cetinje. City sightseeing: Cetinje Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence - Biljarda, King Nikola’s museum, the Presidential Palace (duration approx. 1h). Lunch at the restaurant with traditional specialties – approx. 1h. Driving to Saint Stefan viewpoint – approx. 40 min. Photo break and enjoy the beautiful view of Saint Stefan from Adriatic highway viewpoint from which it is a photo of the island on many posters promoting Montenegro worldwide. We will pass through the park Miločer – King’s park, near former summer house of dynasty Karađorđević. Park Miločer is one of the most beautiful parks and arboretums in the Adriatic. The park counts a lot of rare and exotic plant species brought by seafarers from all over the world. *Optionally (if entrance is allowed) - Walking tour of the island with a guide who will tell you the history of the island, interesting events and experiences related to this place. You will see The Church of Lord’s Transfiguration, Piazza – central square where local people used to trade homemade products, Small and Big Church. It is also possible to visit one of the rooms in exclusive ‘’Aman Resort’’, if hotel is not 100% filled – approx. 45 min. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Driving towards Budva – approx. 1 h. Arrival at Budva. Accompanied by a guide, you will see the Old Town, which unites with unity, walk in the winding streets, enjoy the view of the late Middle Ages squares that form a whole with solid ramparts, their towers and city gates, Orthodox and Catholic churches – approx. 1 hour. Driving towards Perast – approx. 45 min. Arrival at Perast. Easy walk through this beautiful coastal city. Boat riding towards the island of Our Lady of the Rocks. Visiting the 15th century church and museum (all approx. 1 hour). Taking ride around unique bay of the Mediterranean – Boka Bay, until we reach Kotor (approx. 30 minutes). Arrival at Kotor. City walk accompanied by a tourist guide through its Old Town, where you can see its famous monuments and squares - the Arms Market, Saint Tryphon Cathedral and square, Saint Luke’s church and square, Cats square – approx. 1 hour. Lunch at one of the famous restaurants in the city (approx. 1 hour). Driving towards Tivat (about 20 min). Free time for city tour and luxurious marina Porto Montenegro – approx. 1h. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Driving towards Ostrog – approx. 1h. Coffee break at the restaurant on the way to the monastery - optional (approx. 30 min). Arrival at Ostrog monastery. Free time for sightseeing of the upper and lower monasteries. In the monastery we will bow to the relics of the great Saint Vasily Ostroški and hear and see incredible tales of Ostrog miracles (about 1h and 30min). Driving towards Kuči - approx. 1h 20 min. Coming to the Viewpoint, visit Novak Milošev’s monument, visit Old Town Medun – Meteon, visit to the ‘’Marko Miljanov’’ museum – approx. 1 hour. Driving to the Niagara falls (will they appear depends on the period of the year) – photo break and lunch – approx. 1 hour. Driving to Ćemovsko field and wine cellar Šipčanik – approx. 15 min. Arrival at Ćemovsko field. After driving by touristic train (only available during the summer season) through a vineyard and a short break at the viewpoint, we arrive at the ‘’heart’’ of the vineyard, the wine cellar "Sipčanik". Before we enter the cellar, you will have a unique opportunity to enjoy from the viewpoint in view of the entire vineyard, where you will experience all of the climate within only one wine house. In the cellar it is foreseen: a tasting of 3 types of wines (2 from the classic line and one special), bruschette with Njeguški cheese grilled on olive oil and rosemary. Duration - about 1h and 30min. Lunch at the restaurant. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Driving to Virpazar – approx. 20 min. Arrival at Virpazar, a fishing village with charming stone houses. A short walk. Free time for climbing on the Besac fortress - the most attractive viewpoint on the Skadar Lake, or drinking coffee at one of the restaurants – optionally (approx. 20 min). Driving towards Bar (lasting about 1h). Arrival at Bar, visit the temple of St. John of Vladimir, walk along the coast (duration approx. 1 hour). Visit to the Old Town (duration approx. 1 hour). Visiting the Old Olive Tree (duration approx. 20 min) - the oldest tree in Europe. Driving towards Ulcinj (duration approx. 30 min). Arrival at Ulcinj, visit to the Old Town, Balšića Tower, Slave Market... (duration about 1 hour). Driving to Ada Bojana (The Great) beach (approx. 30 min). Lunch at some of the traditional fish restaurants or beach enjoyment on the paradise island famous for its unspoiled nature (approx. 1h 30min). Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port Kotor / Tivat or Bar. The end of the arrangement.
- Tickets for localities which are not included in price (additional option for extra fee)
- Single room use (additional option for extra fee)
- Discount for infants (from 0 to 1,99 years) 90%, discount for children (from 2 to 11,99 years) 20%.
- No group size limit. For more than 20 people, price on request.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the trip due to bad weather conditions.
- Possibility of organizing tourist packages according to your wishes, budget and interests.
- Travel health insurance (30 EUR per person) - optional
- Transfer from another airport, port, hotel or accommodation - in the region (additional option for extra fee)
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language (additional option for extra fee)
- Surfing, kitesurfing, horse riding – Ada Bojana beach - depending on the weather conditions (additional option for extra fee)
- Horse riding in vineyard Ćemovsko field - depending on the period of the year (additional option for extra fee)
- Saint Stefan entrance for sightseeing an island - if it is allowed (additional option for extra fee)
- Boat cruising in Rijeka Crnojevića - depending on the weather conditions (additional option for extra fee)