Montenegro 6 Day Relaxation Tour
Visit beautiful cities, fantastic beaches, stunning mountain towns and historical sites on this fantastic 6-day tour. Begin by exploring Podgorica, the capital of Montenegro, and see all of its major highlights.
One of the most popular tourist destinations is, Ostrog Monastery, which was constructed in the 17th century. Believers of all religions from different parts of the world visit this monastery in large numbers.
On this tour, you get the chance to visit two wineries. At Sipčanik vineyard you get to ride on a tourist train as well as try the local wine along with traditional snacks.
On every day of this tour, you will get the chance to take some fantastic photos, especially at Pavlova side, where the scenes are depicted on many postcards in Montenegro. Another excellent photo stop is at Niagara Falls, one of the most beautiful and accessible waterfalls in Montenegro.
Explore Budva, which is famous for its nightlife, its squares and streets. There are many restaurants to enjoy, which are dominated by Mediterranean and Montenegrin cuisine. The city is one of the oldest on the Adriatic Sea and dates back to over 3,450 years ago. Most of the architecture is of Venetian origin, although there are many buildings from Roman times.
Budva has a large number of cultural and historical monuments, monasteries and churches that document past historical and social events in the area of the Budvanska Riviera. Among the most famous churches are the Church of St. John the Evangelist, built in the 7th century, the Church of Santa Maria “in Punta” from 840, and the church of the Holy Trinity from 1804. Budva is often referred to as the “metropolis of tourism” as it is the most visited destination in Montenegro and one of the most visited ones on the Adriatic.
Across the coast of Perast, there are two beautiful islands, Saint Đorđe, which is a natural island, and the man-made island of Our Lady of the Rocks. Legend says that on July 12, 1452, two fishermen found the icon of the Virgin Mary on the rock and that settlers thought it was a sign that the island and the church were to be built there. There were not enough rocks to build the church and people would bring rocks to the island, and this ritual is in place today as the throwing of stones around the island still exists.
The church itself was built in 1630 and is abundant with frescoes depicting scenes from the life of Jesus Christ, Virina and Prophets, as well as 2000 silver plates showing details of sea victories. In the museum is the famous needlepoint of the Virgin made with hair, and which is a work by Perastanka Kunić in 1828.
Located on the road between Podgorica and the Montenegrin coast is the small fishing village Virpazar. In the past, Virpazar was considered as strategically important, and the occupying Turks built a large fortress – Besac, on the hill above the village. After their fall, Virpazar became an important trading city. Today it serves as the main gateway to Skadar Lake National Park. Here you will enjoy exploring this picturesque town on Skadar lake.
At Bar, you will visit one of the most important archaeological sites in the world, an Old Olive Tree – for which it is believed to be the oldest in Europe and one of the oldest in the world).
At the end of this tour, you will feel that you definitely have seen some of the best sights in Montenegro.
- Visit Virpazar
- Take a tourist train through a vineyard
- Wine tasting at Šipčanik vineyard
- Beautiful scenes at Niagara falls
- See Novak Milošev’s monument
- Visit Ostrog monastery
- Kotor Old Town
- Boat to the island of Our Lady of the Rocks
- Explore Budva
- Miločer park
- Cetinje Monastery and Ćipuri church
- Amazing photo opportunities at Pavlova side
- Mrkan Winery
- City sightseeing Podgorica
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Fully licensed travel guides
- All transfers included
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from either Podgorica or Tivat airport
- Easy CancellationThe date of receipt of written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee that belongs to the organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total travel price, as follows: 5% if the travel is cancelled up to 45 days before the start of the travel (timely cancellation) 10% if the travel is cancelled from 44 to 30 before the beginning of the travel, 20% if it is cancelled 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel, 40% if it is cancelled 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel, 80% if cancelled 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel, 90% if it is cancelled 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel, 100% if it is cancelled 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel.
- Instant Confirmation
- Wine degustation at Mrkan winery (2nd day)
- Lunch in Cetinje (2nd day)
- Lunch in Kotor (3rd day)
- Wine tasting in wine cellar Šipčanik (4th day)
- Touristic train riding in Ćemovsko field (4th day)
- Lunch in Podgorica (4th day)
- Lunch at the restaurant in Ada Bojana (5th day)
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- Travel health insurance
- Tourist tax
- Tickets: King Nikola’s Museum, Church of Our Lady of The Rocks, Marko Miljanov museum, fortress Besac, National park Skadar lake, Old Olive Tree
- Travel insurance
- Road expenses and parking
- Travel expenses
- Residence tax and insurance
- 3 or 4-star hotel accommodation in a double room in Podgorica - 5 nights (BB, dinner on the day of arrival)
- Licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- City tour of Podgorica with licensed tourist guide (in English) – approx. 2 hours
- Panoramic tour of Podgorica
- Transfer airport - hotel - airport
- Other non - program costs
- Visits to the bars and restaurants not listed in the program
- Drinks and food during excursions not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Saint Stefan entrance for sightseeing an island
- Boat cruising in Rijeka Crnojevića
- Tickets: Cathedral of St. Triphon in Kotor, City Walls ‘Citadel’ in Budva, localities in Cetinje excepting King Nikola’s Museum
On arrival at either Podgorica or Tivat airport, we will meet you and begin our Podgorica sightseeing tour.
We will meet at an agreed time, and start a leisurely walking tour through the city accompanied by a guide for 2 hours. We will visit the Republic Square - the main city square, and pass through Bokeška Street with its charming cafes and urban look. This is a favourite place for young people.
We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city. We will visit the Sastavci or the Skalines - the oldest bridge in Podgorica and according to historical facts were established during the Roman rule.
We will visit the Clock Tower and the Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica, which preserves a rich historical and cultural heritage. You will see the most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period, the ClockTower. It still dominates the Old Town with its height.
We will also visit the Centre of Contemporary Art, Kruševac and the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović.
Then we will continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third-largest Orthodox temple in the world. Finally, we will visit St. George’s Church which dates from the IX-XI century.
We will then head back to the hotel for dinner.
Overnight in Podgorica 3-4 star hotel.
After breakfast, we will drive towards Winery Mrkan – 30 min. Enjoy spending time at the winery and visit the cellar and vineyards. You will learn about the production of the wines and taste five types of wine, grape brandy and five types with different medicinal herbs, herbal and fruit liqueurs along with a mini snack – 1 hour.
We will continue to Rijeka Crnojevića and stop for a photo break on Pavlova side, one of the most attractive viewpoints in Montenegro.
On arrival at Rijeka Crnojevića, you will enjoy seeing the sights and have free time to spend at a restaurant, or take a cruise.– 1h.
We will then drive to Cetinje – 20 min, and visit, Cetinje Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence – Biljarda, King Nikola’s Museum, the Presidential Palace, the Royal Theater “Zeta house”, and the monument of Ivan Crnojević – Zeta ruler and founder of Cetinje (duration 1h).
Next, we will have lunch at a restaurant serving traditional specialities – 1h.
We will now continue to Saint Stefan – 40 min and have a photo break from the Adriatic highway. We will pass through the Miločer park – King’s park, near the former summer house of the Karađorđević dynasty, as well as King’s beach. Miločer park is one of the most beautiful parks and arboretums in the Adriatic with an extensive collection of rare and exotic plant species.
Free time for sightseeing – 1h.
*Optionally – take a walking tour of the island with a guide who will tell you the history of the island, along with interesting events and experiences related to the area. You will see The Church of Lord’s Transfiguration, the Piazza – (central square) where local people used to trade homemade products and many churches. It may also be possible to visit one of the rooms in exclusive ‘’Aman Resort’’ if the hotel is not 100% filled – 45 min.
Overnight in 3 or 4-star hotel in Podgorica
After breakfast, we will drive to Budva – 1 h. On arrival, we will visit the Old Town and enjoy walking through its old winding streets where you can visualise what it was like in the Middle ages. You will see Orthodox and Catholic churches along with an archaeological museum – 1h:30 min.
Next, we will drive to Perast – 45 min. On arrival we will take a leisurely walk through this beautiful coastal city before taking a boat to the island, Our Lady of the Rocks. Here we will visit the 15th-century church and museum (all 1 hour).
We will now take a ride around Boka Bay until we reach Kotor (30 minutes).
On arrival at Kotor, we will be accompanied by a tourist guide through its Old Town. Here you will see its famous monuments and squares – the Arms Market, Saint Tryphon Cathedral and square, Saint Luke’s church and square, Maritime museum and square, and the Cats square – 1 hour.
Enjoy lunch at one of the famous restaurants in the city. (1h and 30 min).
We will now drive to Tivat (about 20 min) where you will have free time to explore and visit the luxurious marina, Porto Montenegro – 1h.
Overnight in 3-4 start Podgorica hotel
After breakfast, we will drive to Ostrog – 1h. We have the option of stopping for a coffee break on the way to the monastery – optional (30min).
On arrival at Ostrog monastery, you will have free time for sightseeing of the upper and lower monasteries. In the monastery, you will hear and see incredible tales about Ostrog miracles (about 1h and 30min).
We will now drive towards Kuči – approx. 1h 20 min.
Visit Novak Milošev’s monument, visit Old Town Medun – Meteon, and visit the ‘’Marko Miljanov’’ museum – approx. 1 hour.
We will continue to Niagara falls for a photo break and lunch – 1 hour.
Now we will drive to Ćemovsko field and visit Šipčanik wine cellar – 15 min. You will enjoy a tourist train through the vineyard and have a break at an excellent viewpoint.
In the cellar, you will enjoy a tasting of 3 types of wines (2 from the classic line and one special), and bruschetta with Njeguški cheese grilled on olive oil and rosemary. Duration – about 1h and 30min.
Overnight in 3-4 star Podrigocia hotel
After breakfast, we will drive to Virpazar – 20 min, and on arrival at this charming fishing village, we will take a short walk where you will have free time for climbing on Besac fortress – 20 min.
We will now continue towards Bar (lasting about 1h) and, visit the temple of St. John of Vladimir, as well as enjoying a walk along the coast (duration 1 hour).
We will have plenty of time to visit the Old Town (duration 1 hour) and the Old Olive Tree (duration 20 mins).
We will drive towards Ulcinj (duration 30 min) and on arrival visit the Old Town, Balšića Tower, and the Slave Marke (duration 1 hour).
Enjoy some time at Ada Bojana beach (30 min).
Lunch at a traditional fish restaurant and have fun at the beach (1h 30min).
Overnight in you 3-4 star Podgorica hotel
After breakfast, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport.
- Transfer from another airport (in the region) (optional tour for an extra charge)
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language (optional tour for an extra charge)
- Surfing, kitesurfing, horse riding – Ada Bojana beach (optional tour for an extra charge)
- Horse riding in vineyard Ćemovsko field (optional tour for an extra charge)
- Saint Stefan entrance for sightseeing an island (optional tour for an extra charge)
- Boat riding in Rijeka Crnojevića (optional tour for an extra charge)
- Single room use (for an extra charge)