Beauties of Montenegro 5 Day Tour
On the first day of your tour, you will be taken on a guided tour of Montenegro’s capital city Podgorica and explore all of its major highlights. Discover monuments and have the chance to taste traditional local cuisine.
Discover the delights of Cetinje where you will visit the Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence – Biljarda, King Nikola’s Museum, the Presidential Palace, the Royal Theater “Zeta house”, and the monument of Ivan Crnojević.
There are many cultural and historical sites that you will visit, including churches, monastery's and fortresses.
Explore Budva, which is famous for its nightlife, its squares and streets. There are many restaurants to enjoy, which are dominated by Mediterranean and Montenegrin cuisine. The city is one of the oldest on the Adriatic Sea and dates back to over 3,450 years ago. Most of the architecture is of Venetian origin, although there are many buildings from Roman times.
Budva has a large number of cultural and historical monuments, monasteries and churches that document past historical and social events in the area of the Budvanska Riviera. Among the most famous churches are the Church of St. John the Evangelist, built in the 7th century, the Church of Santa Maria “in Punta” from 840, and the church of the Holy Trinity from 1804. Budva is often referred to as the “metropolis of tourism” as it is the most visited destination in Montenegro and one of the most visited ones on the Adriatic.
You will never forget the views when you visit Tara River and Tara Canyon, which is the second biggest canyon in the world after the Grand Canyon. At the end of your tour, you will indeed understand why this tour has been named The Beauties of Montenegro.
- Sightseeing in Podgorica
- Whitewater rafting in the Tara River
- Explore Budva
- Visit a winery
- See Cetinje Monastery and Ćipuri church
- Visit the famous Njegoš’s mausoleum
- Explore and hike in Obodska cave
- Cruise on the Crnojevića River (optional)
- Visit a winery
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- All transfers included
- Fully licensed travel guides
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Hike at Rijeka Crnojevića
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from either Podgorica or Tivat airport.
- Easy CancellationThe date of receipt of written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee that belongs to the organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total travel price, as follows: 5% if the travel is cancelled up to 45 days before the start of the travel (timely cancellation) 10% if the travel is cancelled from 44 to 30 before the beginning of the travel, 20% if it is cancelled 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel, 40% if it is cancelled 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel, 80% if cancelled 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel, 90% if it is cancelled 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel, 100% if it is cancelled 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel.
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel health insurance
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- Rafting on the Tara River, breakfast, lunch, licensed skipper, equipment (3th day)
- Lunch in Cetinje (2nd day)
- Travel guide for hiking tour (4th day)
- Hiking sticks for hiking tour (4th day)
- Lunch in Rijeka Crnojevića (4th day)
- Wine tasting in Winery Mrkan (4th day)
- Tickets: National park Lovćen, Njegoš’s mausoleum, King Nikola’s museum
- Tourist tax
- Insurance during rafting
- Travel insurance
- Road expenses and parking
- Travel expenses
- Residence tax and insurance
- Licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- City tour of Podgorica with licensed tourist guide (in English) – approx. 2 hours
- Panoramic tour of Podgorica
- Transfer airport - hotel – airport
- 3 or 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple, add triple room in Podgorica – 4 nights (BB, dinner on the day of arrival), the third-day breakfast is in Šćepan Polje instead of the hotel, because we need to start off from Podgorica to the rafting tou
- Other non-program costs
- Visits to bars and restaurants that are not listed in the program
- Drinks and food not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Saint Stefan entrance for sightseeing an island
- Tickets for localities which are not listed in *Included in price (City Walls ‘Citadel’ in Budva, localities in Cetinje excepting King Nikola’s Museum…)
On arrival at the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) we will begin our Podgorica city tour. You will start with an easy walk through the city accompanied by a guide for 2 hours. We start the tour from the Republic Square which is the main city square. We will pass through Bokeška Street with its nice cafes and urban look, and a favourite place for young people to meet.
We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city and we will visit the Sastavci – Skaline – the oldest bridge in Podgorica.
The Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica preserves rich historical and cultural heritage. The most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period is the Clock Tower, which is a symbol of Podgorica, and which we will visit.
After visiting the Old Town, we will head towards the Centre of Contemporary Art – Kruševac – the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović. Then we continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third-largest Orthodox temple in the world.
Our last stop is to St. George’s Church which dates from the IX-XI century.
Overnight in your Podgorica 3-4 star hotel
After breakfast, we will drive towards Cetinje (Old Royal Capital) – 30 min.
On arrival, we will visit Cetinje Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence – Biljarda, King Nikola’s Museum, the Presidential Palace, the Royal Theater “Zeta house”, the monument of Ivan Crnojević – Zeta ruler and founder of Cetinje (duration 1h).
Next, we will drive to Lovćen mausoleum – approx. 40 min. We will visit Njegoš’s mausoleum (461 steps to the top). The Stairs to Njegoš’s mausoleum also lead through the tunnel through the mountain, and after a few minutes walk you arrive at the “sky under the clouds”, to the Jezerski vrh – Lake peak. 1 hour.
We will continue to drive to Saint Stefan – 1 hour 20 min.
We will take a break for lunch at a famous restaurant on the way – 1h.
Take a photo break and enjoy the beautiful view of Saint Stefan from the Adriatic highway viewpoint. We will pass through the Miločer park – King’s park, near the former summer house of the Karađorđević dynasty, and also King’s beach. Miločer park is one of the most beautiful parks and arboretums in the Adriatic where you will see a lot of rare and exotic plant species.
Free time for sightseeing – 1h.
*Optionally – Walking tour of the island with a guide who will tell you the history of the island, along with interesting events and experiences related to the area. You will see The Church of Lord’s Transfiguration, and the Piazza (the central square where local people used to trade homemade products). Visit many churches and it may be possible to visit one of the rooms in the exclusive ‘’Aman Resort’’ if the hotel is not 100% filled – 45 min.
Driving towards Budva – 20 min.
On arrival at Budva, a guide will take you to the Old Town, where you can walk in the winding streets, enjoying the views of the late Middle Ages. Visit Orthodox and Catholic churches and an archaeological museum. 1h:30min.
Overnight in 3 or 4-star hotel in Podgorica
Departure in the early morning hours, driving towards Šćepan Polje. Duration of the journey: 2 - 3 hours (depending on the place - city of departure).
Arriving at the camp, meeting with skippers and other participants in rafting, a traditional Montenegrin breakfast at the restaurant on the riverside (approx. 1h 30
Preparation for rafting – fitting with neoprene clothing and footwear, safety belts, helmets (set for Go Pro camera) – 30 minutes. You can take cameras and mobile phones with as there is a safety, waterproof bag in your boats where you can leave them to use in quiet parts of the river.
Your adventure begins with a short and exciting drive in off-road vehicles to the starting point of the rafting tour “Brštanovica” (approx. 40 min). When you arrive, your skipper will give you all the instructions that you need for rafting, so the important thing is to listen to him. He will also instruct you before each rapid.
Enjoy rafting with pauses for swimming and photography at the most beautiful places including the stunning waterfall on the Tara River (3-4 hours).
Montenegrin brandy) – approx. 1h 30 min. Almost all products are of organic origin, purchased from local breeders and manufacturers.
Overnight, hotel in Budva.
After breakfast, we will drive towards Obodska cave – 1 h. We will have a photo break on Pavlova side, one of the most attractive viewpoints in Montenegro.
On arrival, we will start our hiking tour (duration 2 – 3 hours). The starting point is from the centre of Crnojevića settlement. Obodska cave has 2 km of hiking and is suitable for people with different conditioning as well as for families.
We can organize a cruise through the Crnojevića River and a climb to the ancient town of Obod – optional.
Enjoy Rijeka Crnojevića sightseeing and have lunch at the local fish restaurant – 1 hour.
This tour is a perfect opportunity to experience the old Montenegro.
We will continue to drive to ‘Mrkan’ Winery – 30 min. See the wine cellar and vineyards and learn about the production of wines, brandies, liqueurs, jams.
Taste 5 types of wine, grape brandy and 5 types with different medicinal herbs, herbal and fruit liqueurs with a mini snack – 1 hour.
Overnight in your 3-4 star hotel
After breakfast, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport.
- Dress according to the weather
- Saint Stefan entrance for sightseeing an island (additional option for an extra fee)
- Boat riding on Rijeka Crnojevića (additional option for an extra fee)
- Transfer from another airport (in the region) (additional option for an extra fee)
- Tour guide for a specific language (additional option for an extra fee)
- Take a sweet, energy drink, hat, sun protection
- Readiness: Good physical and mental health
- Waterproof clothes, additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions
- Equipment: Comfortable shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes
- Single room use (for an extra fee)
- Tickets for localities which are not included in price (for an extra charge)