Beauties of Montenegro 5 Day Tour
On the first day of your tour, you will be taken on a guided tour of Montenegro’s capital city Podgorica and explore all of its major highlights. Discover monuments and have the chance to taste traditional local cuisine.
Discover the delights of Cetinje where you will visit the Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence – Biljarda, King Nikola’s Museum, the Presidential Palace..
There are many cultural and historical sites that you will visit, including churches, monastery's and fortresses.
Explore Budva, which is famous for its nightlife, its squares and streets. There are many restaurants to enjoy, which are dominated by Mediterranean and Montenegrin cuisine. The city is one of the oldest on the Adriatic Sea and dates back to over 3,450 years ago. Most of the architecture is of Venetian origin, although there are many buildings from Roman times.
Budva has a large number of cultural and historical monuments, monasteries and churches that document past historical and social events in the area of the Budvanska Riviera. Among the most famous churches are the Church of St. John the Evangelist, built in the 7th century, the Church of Santa Maria “in Punta” from 840, and the church of the Holy Trinity from 1804. Budva is often referred to as the “metropolis of tourism” as it is the most visited destination in Montenegro and one of the most visited ones on the Adriatic.
You will never forget the views when you visit Tara River and Tara Canyon, which is the second biggest canyon in the world after the Grand Canyon. At the end of your tour, you will indeed understand why this tour has been named The Beauties of Montenegro.
- Sightseeing in Podgorica
- Whitewater rafting in the Tara River
- Explore Budva
- Visit a winery
- See Cetinje Monastery and Ćipuri church
- Visit the famous Njegoš’s mausoleum
- Visit a winery
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- All transfers included
- Fully licensed travel guides
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Experience charm of unavoidable Kotor city!
- Pass along most attractive road among tourists - Lovćen serpentine
- Enjoy cruising tour on the largest lake on the Balkan peninsula - Skadar lake
- Photo break at 'Pavlova side' - one of the most attractive viewpoints in Montenegro, the most famous
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from either Podgorica or Tivat airport or Tivat/Kotor/Bar port.
- Easy Cancellation30 days before the beginning of the travel free cancellation 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel 30% of total package amount as charges 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel 50% of total package amount as charges 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel 80% of total package amount as charges 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel 90% of total package amount as charges 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel 100% of total package amount as charges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 8 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- Skadar Lake cruising – approx. 1h 30 min hours (4th day)
- wine tasting in Local traditional winery (4th day)
- lunch in Rijeka Crnojevića, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (4th day)
- rafting on the Tara River, breakfast, lunch, licensed skipper, equipment, driver with English knowledge (3th day)
- lunch in Kotor, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (2nd day)
- tickets: National park Lovćen, Njegoš’s mausoleum, King Nikola’s museum, National Park Skadar Lake
- tourist tax
- insurance during rafting
- travel insurance
- road expenses and parking
- travel expenses
- residence tax and insurance
- 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Podgorica – 4 nights (BB), the third day breakfast is in Šćepan Polje instead of hotel, because we need to start off from Podgorica to the rafting tour in early morning hours
- licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- transfer airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Tivat/Bar) – hotel – airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat)
- Travel health insurance
- Other non-program costs
- Visits to bars and restaurants that are not listed in the program
- Drinks and food not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport or port that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Tickets: for localities which are not listed in *Included in price (Localities in Cetinje excepting King Nikola’s Museum, St. Tryphon Cathedral and the Maritime Museum in Kotor, City Walls ‘Citadel’ in Budva…)
Day 1 - Arrival at the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat). Accommodation in 4-star hotel in Podgorica. City sightseeing. We will welcome you to the airport, and then head towards Podgorica. We start a panoramic sightseeing tour with a guide, after which we will head to the hotel. Check - in. Meeting at agreed time, and start easy walking through the city accompanied by a guide – approx. 2 hours. We start the tour from the Republic Square - the main city square. We will pass through Bokeška Street with nice cafes and urban look, a favorite place for young people to go out. We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city. We will visit the Sastavci or the Skaline - the oldest bridge in Podgorica, according to the historical facts that was established during the Roman rule. We will visit the Clock Tower and the Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica which preserves rich historical and cultural heritage. The most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period is the Clock Tower, which is a symbol of Podgorica. It still dominates the area of Old Town with its height. Then we will continue towards Centre of Contemporary Art - Kruševac - the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović. Then we continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third largest Orthodox temple in the world. In the end we visit St. George Church which dates from the IX-XI century; belongs to the oldest active worship of the Christian chapel in the area of Montenegro and beyond. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Starting the tour at agreed time. Driving towards Cetinje (Old Royal Capital) – approx. 30 min. Arrival at Cetinje. City sightseeing: Cetinje Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence - Biljarda, King Nikola’s museum, the Presidential Palace (duration approx. 1h). Driving to Lovćen mausoleum – approx. 40 min. Arrival at Lovćen. Visit Njegoš's mausoleum (461 steps to the top). Stairs to Njegoš's mausoleum also lead through the tunnel through the mountain, and after a few minutes walk you arrive to the "sky under the clouds", to the Jezerski vrh – Lake peak, from where all around you is provided as in the palm – approx. 1 hour. Driving the Lovćen serpentine (duration approx. 1h and 20min). A pause for taking photos on the road for which there is a story that the designer Joseph Slade has devoted this route to princess Milena, so this part of route is in the form of the initial letter of her name. Coming to Kotor. City sightseeing: the Old Town, the Square of Arms, the Cathedral of St. Triphon, the Church of St. Luke, the Cat Square – approx. 1 h. Lunch at the one of the most famous restaurants in the city (about 1h). Driving towards Budva (about 30 min). Arrival at Budva. Accompanied by a guide, you will see the Old Town, which unites with unity, walk in the winding streets, enjoy the view of the late Middle Ages squares that form a whole with solid ramparts, their towers and city gates, Orthodox and Catholic churches – approx. 1 hour. Return. Arriving at the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Departure in the early morning hours, driving towards Šćepan Polje. Duration of the journey: approx. 2 – 3 hours. Arriving at the camp, meeting with skippers and other participants in rafting, a traditional Montenegrin breakfast at the restaurant on the riverside (approx. 1h 30 min). Preparation for rafting - fitting with neoprene clothing and footwear, safety belts, helmets (set for Go Pro camera) – approx. 30 minutes. You can take camera and mobile phones with yourselves, because there is a safety, waterproof bag in your boats where you can leave your stuff during rapids, and use them during breaks as well as in quiet parts of the river. Your adventure begins with short and exciting driving by off-road vehicles to the starting point of the rafting tour "Brštanovica" (approx. 40 min). When you arrive, skipper will give you all instructions that you need for rafting, so the important thing is listen to him and be careful what he will say. Also, he will inform you during the rafting before each rapid. Rafting with pauses for swimming and photography at the most beautiful places and unavoidable most beautiful waterfall on the Tara (approx. 3 - 4 hours). Tara River seems to have white restless water stairs with beautiful, peaceful pools between rapids that allow you to rest, take a photo of its unique landscapes, or to try out swimming in crystal clear but very cold water. Back to the camp. Traditional Montenegrin lunch (various dishes - gourmet, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and other dishes of your choice + aperitif - homemade Montenegrin brandy) – approx. 1h 30 min. Almost all products are of organic origin, purchased from local breeders and manufacturers. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Starting tour at agreed time. Drive to the Local traditional winery – approx. 45 min. Sightseeing winery, wine cellar and vineyards. Listening about production of wines, brandies, liqueurs, jams… Tasting of wine, grape brandy, liqueurs – approx. 1 hour. Continuing to Pavlova side - one of the most attractive viewpoints in Montenegro, the most famous "picture card" of Montenegro. Photo break – approx. 20 min. Taking ride to Rijeka Crnojevića. Sightseeing. This tour is a perfect opportunity to experience the old Montenegro as well as the former life in this region. Start of cruising. The cruise lasts about 1h 30 min hours. You will see fishing villages, cultural and historical monuments, the flora and fauna of the lake, and take swim in the lake. Lunch at the local fish restaurant – approx. 1 hour. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port Kotor / Tivat / Bar. The end of the arrangement.
- Dress according to the weather
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the trip due to bad weather conditions.
- No group size limit. For more than 20 people, price on request.
- Possibility of organizing tourist packages according to your wishes, budget and interests.
- Discount for infants (from 0 to 1,99 years) 90%, discount for children (from 2 to 11,99 years) 20%.
- Travel health insurance (25 EUR per person) - optional
- Transfer from another airport, port, hotel or accommodation - in the region (additional option for extra fee)
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language (additional option for extra fee)
- Tickets for localities which are not included in price (additional option for extra fee)
- Single room use (additional option for extra fee)
- Note: Minimum age for rafting tour is 6 years old.