8 Day Montenegro Active Tour
If you like exploring and adventure, then this 8-day tour is perfect for you. On this tour, you will get to experience and see the best Montenegro has to offer.
You will be overwhelmed by the stunning vistas as you hike through many mountain paths, including, Vrmac, Lovćen, and Biogradska Gora National Park.
Go Horse riding on Bjelasica mountain, and take a cruise on Skadar Lake, the largest lake in Montenegro, and which has many islands and peninsulas.
Enjoy a unique rafting adventure on the Tara River and have the most beautiful journey of your life. The Tara river is formed by the merging of two rivers, the Opasnica and Veruša, at the foothills of Komovi mountain. This river is famous for its clean water is often referred to as the “tear of Europe“. With a length of 146.4 km, it is the longest river in Montenegro. It is one of the most attractive rivers in the world, created for lovers of adventure and holiday activities. The last 25 km of the river and the canyon, represent the most attractive part for rafting with beautiful landscapes and with 20 most exciting rapids.
The canyon itself is the deepest in Europe and the second deepest in the world after the Grand canyon. The river and the canyon abound in natural phenomena, cliffs and rapids, along with wild and untouched nature. You will also get the chance to enjoy a traditional Montenegrin lunch.
Not only do you get to enjoy a days rafting, but you will also get to explore Budva with some great old town sightseeing. Enjoy the views of the late Middle Ages as you walk around the winding streets.
Budva is also famous for its nightlife, so take the opportunity to go out and discover some of its famous nightclubs or restaurants.
The beauty of this holiday is that you get to visit and learn about many historical sites: including, Njegoš’s mausoleum (461 steps to the top), Vrmac fortress, and one of the oldest archaeological sites in the world, The Old Olive Tree.
At the end of this tour, you will visit Montenegro’s capital city, Podgorica and have free time to explore all of its major highlights.
- Explore Biogradska Gora National Park
- Horse riding on Bjelasica mountain
- Thrilling whitewater rafting on Tara river
- Visit Njegoš’s mausoleum
- Explore Vrmac fortress
- Hike on Vrmac mountain
- Visit historical Budva Old Town
- See the famous Old Olive Tree
- See the beautiful Skadar Lake
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- All transfers included
- Fully licensed travel guides
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you up from either Podgorica or Tivat airport or Tivat / Kotor / Bar port.
- Easy Cancellation30 days before the beginning of the travel free cancellation 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel 30% of total package amount as charges 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel 50% of total package amount as charges 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel 80% of total package amount as charges 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel 90% of total package amount as charges 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel 100% of total package amount as charges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 8 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- tickets: National park Lovćen, Njegoš’s mausoleum, National Park Biogradska Gora, National Park Skadar Lake, Old Town of Bar, Old Olive Tree.
- tourist tax
- insurance during rafting
- travel insurance
- road expenses and parking
- travel expenses
- residence tax and insurance
- Skadar lake cruising – approx. 1 hour and 30 min (7th day)
- horse riding – approx. 2 hours (6th day)
- rafting on the Tara River, lunch, licensed skipper, equipment, driver with English knowledge (5th day)
- hiking sticks
- travel guide for hiking tour (2nd and 3rd day)
- 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Podgorica – 1 night (BB)
- 3 or 4-star hotel in a double/triple room or apartment accommodation (depending on the availability) in Kolašin – 2 nights (BB)
- 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Budva/Bečići - 4 nights (BB), the fifth day breakfast is in Šćepan Polje instead of hotel, because we need to start off from Podgorica to the rafting tour in early morning hours
- licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- transfer airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Tivat/Bar) – hotel – airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat)
- Travel health insurance
- Other non-program costs
- Visits to bars and restaurants that are not listed in the program
- Drinks and food not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport or port that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Tickets: for localities which are not listed in *Included in price (Budva city walls ‘Citadel’, fortress Besac in Virpazar…)
Day 1 - Arrival at the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat). Accommodation in hotel with 4* in Budva/Bečići. City tour through the Old Town Budva. We will welcome you to the airport, and then head towards Budva, the beauty of the Adriatic. Accompanied by a guide, you will see the Old Town, which unites with unity, walk in the winding streets, enjoy the view of the late Middle Ages squares that form a whole with solid ramparts, their towers and city gates, Orthodox and Catholic churches – approx. 1h:30min. Free time for refreshment on one of the beaches. Check-in hotel 4* in Budva/Bečići, free time and overnight stay. Budva is also famous for its nightlife, its squares and streets live deep into the night, so you can’t miss the opportunity and go out already on the first night in some of the famous discotheques or restaurants on the seashore, cafes, pastry shops, taverns. Offer in Budva's restaurants is very diverse, dominated by Mediterranean and Montenegrin national cuisine, while in the foreground there are marine specialties along with unavoidable olives and wine.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the starting point of the tour. Altitude: approx. 785 m Track length: approx. 5 km Difficulty: Medium Readiness: Medium Duration: approx. 5 – 6 hours depending on the readiness and breaks We will begin mountain hiking through marked paths, through the beauty of untouched nature, over rocky areas, near the wells. We will enjoy fresh air and preserved nature. Vrmac is decorated with numerous plant species and the beauty of rural architecture. We climb to the first viewpoint with a fantastic view of the Tivat bay, while from the other one, we will have open views on Tivat bay and open sea from one and Kotor Bay on the other side. The most important construction we will see is Vrmac fortress, one of the bestpreserved Austro-Hungarian fortifications in the Bay of Kotor, built in 1860. By sightseeing of the remains of the fort, you will discover the way of building Austro-Hungarian objects of that time, and you will be amazed. We come to the top of St. Ilija, from which there is a view of the entire bay and the surrounding mountain peaks. We will take a short break and enjoy the heavenly view. Return to the starting point. Don’t miss this wonderful combination of mountain and sea! Come back to the hotel in Budva/Bečići. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Driving towards Lovćen (about 1h and 30min), with a photo pause on the viewpoint above the Budvanska Riviera. Starting hiking tour. The starting point of our ascent is from the Ivanova Korita from the hotel Monte Rosa. Fantastic easy tour to the mountain Lovćen with an amazing view to the bay from the top. Difficulty level: Medium Length: approx. 9 km Elevation: ascent approx. 850 m Duration of the hike: From approx. 3 to 5 hours (the duration depends on where you want to start and finish the tour, because there are to ways – longer and shorter) After finishing hiking tour, visit Njegoš's mausoleum (461 steps to the top). Stairs to Njegoš's mausoleum also lead through the tunnel through the mountain, and after a few minutes walk you arrive to the "sky under the clouds", to the Jezerski vrh – Lake peak, from where all around you is provided as in the palm – approx. 1 hour. Return to Budva/Bečići. Free time. Overnight stay in hotel in 4* in Budva/Bečići.
Budva is a town with beautiful beaches including, Mogren, Slovenska, Jaz and Becici. Take some time out and enjoy them.
Check-out. Departure in the early morning hours, driving towards Šćepan Polje. Duration of the journey: approx. 3 hours – 3h 30 min. Arriving at the camp, meeting with skippers and other participants in rafting, a traditional Montenegrin breakfast at the restaurant on the riverside (approx. 1h 30 min). Preparation for rafting - fitting with neoprene clothing and footwear, safety belts, helmets (set for Go Pro camera) – approx. 30 minutes. You can take camera and mobile phones with yourselves, because there is a safety, waterproof bag in your boats where you can leave your stuff during rapids, and use them during breaks as well as in quiet parts of the river. Your adventure begins with short and exciting driving by off-road vehicles to the starting point of the rafting tour "Brštanovica" (approx. 40 min). When you arrive, skipper will give you all instructions that you need for rafting, so the important thing is listen to him and be careful what he will say. Also, he will inform you during the rafting before each rapid. Rafting with pauses for swimming and photography at the most beautiful places and unavoidable most beautiful waterfall on the Tara (3 - 4 hours). Tara River seems to has white restless water stairs with beautiful, peaceful pools between rapids that allow you to rest, take a photo of its unique landscapes, or to try out swimming in crystal clear but very cold water. Back to the camp. Traditional Montenegrin lunch (various dishes - gourmet, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and other dishes of your choice + aperitif - homemade Montenegrin brandy) – approx. 1h 30 min. Almost all products are of organic origin, purchased from local breeders and manufacturers. Continuing drive to Kolašin. Check – in apartment/hotel 3* or 4*. Free time. Overnight stay. Don’t miss the evening walk in this small mountain town, whose slow pulsation speeds up only the seasonal avalanches (it is noisy in cafeteria, when mountaineers and skiers, people on vacation, one-day curious passers-by or weekend visitors are lowered down to the center).
Breakfast. Driving towards National Park Biogradska Gora – approx. 30 min. A tour of the park in which heart is the beautiful Biogradsko Lake - about 1 h. Free time for photography in unspoilt nature. After visiting the lake, we return to Kolašin, from where we embark on a new adventure - riding horses – about 2 h. Return to the city center. Back to the hotel/apartment in Kolašin. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Check – out. Driving towards Skadar Lake - about 30 min. Arrival at Virpazar, a fishing village with charming stone houses. A short walk. Free time for climbing on the Besac fortress - the most attractive viewpoint on the Skadar Lake, or drinking coffee at one of the restaurants – optionally (approx. 20 min). Start of cruising. The cruise lasts approx. 1 hour and 30 min. You will see fishing villages, cultural and historical monuments, the flora and fauna of the lake, and take swim in the lake. For refreshment on the boat, the host will serve us domestic products (delicious donuts, wine, brandy and juice). After cruise, drive to the Old Town Bar – approx. 30 min. Visiting one of the oldest archaeological sites in the world. Old Olive Tree visit – approx. 1 h. Driving towards Podgorica – approx. 45 min. Check – in 4* hotel in Podgorica. Free time for walking through the capital of Montenegro. Overnight stay.
After breakfast at your hotel, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport Podgorica or Tivat or port Kotor/Tivat/Bar. The end of the arrangement..
- Dress according to the weather
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the trip due to bad weather conditions.
- No group size limit. For more than 20 people, price on request.
- Possibility of organizing tourist packages according to your wishes, budget and interests.
- Discount for infants (from 0 to 1,99 years) 90%, discount for children (from 2 to 11,99 years) 20%.
- Recommendation: Take a sweet, energy drink, hat, sun protection.
- Readiness: Good physical and mental health
- Need to bring (for hiking tours): Equipment: Comfortable, firmly shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes, waterproof clothes, additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions
- Need to bring (for rafting tour): Passport or ID card, Swimsuit, Dry clothes, Sun protection and good mood for unforgettable enjoying!
- Note: Min age for rafting tour is 6 years.
- Travel health insurance (40 EUR per person) - optional
- Transfer from another airport, port, hotel or accommodation - in the region (additional option for extra fee)
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language (additional option for extra fee)
- Lunch at the restaurants, local households, wineries (additional option for extra fee)
- Tickets for localities which are not included in price (additional option for extra fee)
- Single room use (additional option for extra fee)