8 Day Montenegro Active Tour
If you like exploring and adventure, then this 8-day tour is perfect for you. On this tour, you will get to experience and see the best Montenegro has to offer.
You will be overwhelmed by the stunning vistas as you hike through many mountain paths, including, Vrmac, Lovćen, and Biogradska Gora National Park.
Go Horse riding on Bjelasica mountain, and take a cruise on Skadar Lake, the largest lake in Montenegro, and which has many islands and peninsulas.
Enjoy a unique rafting adventure on the Tara River and have the most beautiful journey of your life. The Tara river is formed by the merging of two rivers, the Opasnica and Veruša, at the foothills of Komovi mountain. This river is famous for its clean water is often referred to as the “tear of Europe“. With a length of 146.4 km, it is the longest river in Montenegro. It is one of the most attractive rivers in the world, created for lovers of adventure and holiday activities. The last 25 km of the river and the canyon, represent the most attractive part for rafting with beautiful landscapes and with 20 most exciting rapids.
The canyon itself is the deepest in Europe and the second deepest in the world after the Grand canyon. The river and the canyon abound in natural phenomena, cliffs and rapids, along with wild and untouched nature. You will also get the chance to enjoy a traditional Montenegrin lunch.
Not only do you get to enjoy a days rafting, but you will also get to explore Budva with some great old town sightseeing. Enjoy the views of the late Middle Ages as you walk around the winding streets.
Budva is also famous for its nightlife, so take the opportunity to go out and discover some of its famous nightclubs or restaurants.
The beauty of this holiday is that you get to visit and learn about many historical sites: including, Njegoš’s mausoleum (461 steps to the top), Vrmac fortress, and one of the oldest archaeological sites in the world, The Old Olive Tree.
At the end of this tour, you will visit Montenegro’s capital city, Podgorica and have free time to explore all of its major highlights.
- Explore Biogradska Gora National Park
- Horse riding on Bjelasica mountain
- Enjoy traditional Montenegrin cuisine
- Thrilling whitewater rafting on Tara river
- Visit Njegoš’s mausoleum
- Explore Vrmac fortress
- Hike on Vrmac mountain
- Visit historical Budva Old Town
- See the famous Old Olive Tree
- See the beautiful Skadar Lake
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- All transfers included
- Fully licensed travel guides
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you up from either Podgorica or Tivat airport
- Easy CancellationThe date of receipt of written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee that belongs to the organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total travel price, as follows: 5% if the travel is cancelled up to 45 days before the start of the travel (timely cancellation) 10% if the travel is cancelled from 44 to 30 before the beginning of the travel, 20% if it is cancelled 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel, 40% if it is cancelled 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel, 80% if cancelled 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel, 90% if it is cancelled 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel, 100% if it is cancelled 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel.
- Instant Confirmation
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- Tickets: National park Lovćen, Njegoš’s mausoleum, Adventure Park – 2 hours, National Park Biogradska Gora, National Park Skadar Lake, Old Olive Tree visit
- Tourist tax
- Insurance during rafting
- Travel insurance
- Road expenses and parking
- Travel expenses
- Residence tax and insurance
- Skadar lake cruising – 2 hours, food and drink degustation during cruising, lunch at the restaurant on Skadar lake (7th day)
- Lunch at the restaurant in Kolašin (6th day), horse riding – 2 hours
- Rafting on the Tara River, lunch, licensed skipper, equipment (5th day)
- Lunch at the restaurant in Ivanova Korita (3rd day)
- Lunch at the restaurant in Budva (2nd day)
- Budva Old Town tour accompanied by a licensed tourist guide (English language) – 2 hours
- Transfer airport - hotel - airport
- Licensed tourist guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- Travel guide for hiking tour (the 2nd day)
- Hiking sticks
- Travel health insurance
- 3 or 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Budva/Bečići - 4 nights (BB, dinner on the day of arrival), the fifth day breakfast is in Šćepan Polje instead of hotel because we need to start off from Podgorica to the rafting tour in early morning hours
- 3 or 4-star hotel (in a double/triple room) or apartment accommodation in Kolašin – 2 nights (BB)
- 3 or 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Podgorica – 1 night (BB)
- Travel health insurance - optional
- Other non-program costs
- Visits to bars and restaurants that are not listed in the program
- Drinks and food not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Tickets: for localities which are not listed in *Included in price
On arrival at the airport, you will be taken to Budva, the beauty of the Adriatic.
Accompanied by a guide, you will see the Old Town and enjoy walking in the winding streets. Go back in time to the late Middle Ages in the town squares with their ramparts and towers. Sights you will see are Orthodox and Catholic churches, and an archaeological museum (1h: 30min).
Enjoy some free time for refreshment on one of the beaches.
Check-in to either a 3 or 4-star hotel in Budva/Bečići.
Overnight in 3 or 4-star hotel
Track length: 5 km
Duration: 5 – 6 h
After breakfast, we will transfer to the starting point of today's hike.
We will begin mountain hiking through marked paths, and enjoy the beauty of untouched nature, over rocky areas. Vrmac is decorated with numerous plant species and has beautiful rural architecture.
We will climb to the first viewpoint which has fantastic views of Tivat bay and Kotor bay.
Today we will visit Vrmac fortress, one of the best-preserved Austro-Hungarian fortifications in the Bay of Kotor, built-in 1860.
When we come to the top of St. Ilija, there are more great views of the entire bay and the surrounding mountain peaks.
We will take a short break before we descend to the other side of Vrmac, through the village of Donja Lastva.
Lunch at a restaurant in Budva.
Overnight in hotel 3 or 4* in Budva/Bečići
After breakfast at the hotel, we will drive towards Lovćen (about 1h and 30min), with a photo break on the viewpoint above the Budvanska Riviera.
On arrival at Lovćen, we will visit Njegoš’s mausoleum (461 steps to the top). The stairs to Njegoš’s mausoleum also lead through a tunnel through the mountain, and after a few minutes walk you will arrive at the “sky under the clouds”. 1 hour.
After visiting the mausoleum, we return to the active part of the excursion in Lovćen Adventure Park! Just an hour away from the sea, the Adventure Park offers an unusual pastime. It does not matter if you come alone, with friends or family, good entertainment is simply guaranteed. With the advice of professional staff and the acquisition of protective equipment, you will embark on an unusual adventure in a dense beech forest near Lovćen (anticipated time 2h and 30 mins).
Lunch at a restaurant in Ivanova Korita – 1h and 30 min.
Return to Budva. Free time. Overnight stay in hotel 3 or 4 *.
Budva is a town with beautiful beaches including, Mogren, Slovenska, Jaz and Becici. Take some time out and enjoy them.
We will travel to Šćepan polje (2-3 hours) and on arrival at the campsite, you will meet with the skippers and other rafting participants. (20 Mins).
Preparation for rafting – fitting with neoprene clothing and footwear, safety belts, helmets (set for Go Pro camera) – 30 minutes. You can take cameras and mobile phones with as there is a safety, waterproof bag in your boats where you can leave them to use in quiet parts of the river.
Your adventure begins with a short and exciting drive in off-road vehicles to the starting point of the rafting tour “Brštanovica” (approx. 40 min). When you arrive, your skipper will give you all the instructions that you need for rafting, so the important thing is to listen to him. He will also instruct you before each rapid.
Enjoy rafting with pauses for swimming and photography at the most beautiful places including the stunning waterfall on the Tara River (3-4 hours).
Back at the camp, you will have a traditional Montenegrin lunch (various dishes – gourmet, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and other dishes of your choice + aperitif – homemade Montenegrin brandy) – approx. 1h 30 min. Almost all products are of organic origin, purchased from local breeders and manufacturers.
Later we will continue to drive to Kolašin. Check-in apartment/hotel 3 or 4*. Free time. Overnight stay.
Don’t miss the evening walk in this small mountain town, whose slow pulsation speeds up when mountaineers and skiers, people on vacation, one-day curious passers-by or weekend tourists visit.
Overnight in apartment/hotel 3 or 4*
After breakfast at the hotel, we will drive towards Biogradska Gora National Park – 30 min.
Enjoy a tour of the park with the beautiful Biogradsko Lake in its centre – about 1 h.
You will have free time for photography in this park of unspoilt nature.
After visiting the lake, we will return to Kolašin, from where we embark on a new adventure – riding horses – duration 2 h.
Return to the city centre where we have lunch at a traditional restaurant – 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
After breakfast we will drive to Skadar Lake 30 min).
On arrival at Virpazar, a fishing village with charming stone houses, enjoy a short walk and explore Besac fortress (the most attractive viewpoint on the lake). - Optionally.
The cruise lasts about 2 hours, and you will see fishing villages, cultural and historical monuments, the flora and fauna of the lake, and take a swim in the lake. For refreshment on the boat, the host will serve us domestic products (delicious doughnuts, wine, brandy and juice).
After the cruise, having lunch at the restaurant in an unrepeatable ambient ( about 1 h 30 min). You may swim in the lake or partake in other activities.
After lunch, we will go to Bar Old Town and visit one of the oldest archaeological sites in the world and Old Olive Tree visit – 1 h. We will now continue driving to Podgorica – 45 min.
Check-in three or four stars hotel in Podgorica. Free time for walking through the capital of Montenegro. Overnight stay.
Overnight in your Podgorica 3 or 4-star hotel.
After breakfast at your hotel, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport.
- Dress according to the weather
- Boat riding on Biogradsko lake (additional option for an extra fee)
- Transfer from another airport (in the region) (additional option for an extra fee)
- Tour guide for a specific language (additional option for an extra fee)
- Take a sweet, energy drink, hat, sun protection
- Readiness: Good physical and mental health
- Waterproof clothes, additional protective equipment from the rain – depending on weather conditions
- Equipment: Comfortable shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes