6 Day Chill Out in Montenegro
On this tour, you will visit many different parts of Montenegro and be based in the capital, Podgorica city.
You will visit the stunning Budva – the metropolis of tourism, also known as the Queen of Adriatic), & east island, Our Lady of the Rocks, and Kotor which is under UNESCO protection.
Enjoy visiting Tivat, (one of the top 10 European destinations) with its luxurious marina, called Montenegrin Monaco.
Be adventurous and go rafting on the Tara river, known as the tear of Europe because of its clean water. Its canyon is the deepest in Europe, and second deepest in the world after Colorado.
Enjoy wild beauty in the North, during a jeep safari on Bjelasica mountain and in one of the three remaining rainforests in Europe. Explore the amazing sights at the Biogradska Gora National Park. Visit Morača monastery (est. 1252), and cruise on the largest lake in the Balkans. Skadar lake is also one of the richest bird habitats in Europe.
Visit the Old Olive Tree, believed to be the oldest in Europe and one of the oldest in the world.
Enjoy a tour to a winery in Crmnica region, the homeland of the grapes and of course enjoy national specialities and premium wines.
You will be fascinated driving by Boka bay with a view of the Azure Adriatic sea on one side and on the other side, mountain beauties and splendid landscapes.
On this tour, you will visit the central, southern and northern areas of Montenegro. With great activities along with wine and traditional food, you will be left with memories that will last a lifetime.
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro.
- Fully licensed travel guides.
- All transfers included.
- All lunch in the itinerary included.
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles.
- See the famous Old Olive Tree
- Visit a winery
- Boat trip on Skadar Lake
- See the beautiful Skadar Lake
- Visit Morača Monastery
- Jeep Safari in the mountains
- Great photo opportunities at the Morača river canyon
- Kotor's famous monuments and squares
- Boat tour to the island of Our Lady of the Rocks
- Explore Budva
- Whitewater rafting in the Tara River
- Sightseeing in Podgorica
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available from April - October 2020
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you up from either Podgorica or Tivat airport.
- Easy CancellationThe date of receipt of written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee that belongs to the organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total travel price, as follows: 5% if the travel is cancelled up to 45 days before the start of the travel (timely cancellation) 10% if the travel is cancelled from 44 to 30 before the beginning of the travel, 20% if it is cancelled 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel, 40% if it is cancelled 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel, 80% if cancelled 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel, 90% if it is cancelled 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel, 100% if it is cancelled 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel.
- Instant Confirmation
- Transfer airport - hotel – airport
- Panoramic tour of Podgorica
- City tour of Podgorica with licensed tourist guide (in English) – approx. 2 hours
- Licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- 3 or 4* hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Podgorica
- 5 nights (BB, dinner on the day of arrival)
- the second-day breakfast is in Šćepan Polje instead of a hotel, because we need to start off from Podgorica to the rafting tour in early morning hours
- Residence tax and insurance
- Travel expenses
- Road expenses and parking
- Travel insurance
- Insurance during rafting
- Tourist tax
- Tickets for National park Biogradksa Gora, Morača monastery, National park Skadar lake, Old Olive Tree.
- Rafting on the Tara River, breakfast, lunch, licensed skipper, equipment (2nd day)
- Lunch in Kotor (3rd day)
- Jeep safari (4th day)
- Lunch at the local household Lalevića Dolovi during jeep safari (4th day)
- Lunch on the Skadar lake (5th day)
- Scadar lake cruising – 2 hours (5th day)
- Wine tasting in Winery in Crmnica region (4th day)
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- Travel health insurance
- Boat ride to the Our Lady of the Rocks and back
- Other services not mentioned
- Food, drinks and any other service not specified
- Personal expenses
- Visits to bars and restaurants that are not listed in the program
- Drinks and food not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Tickets: for localities which are not listed in *Included in price, Budva City Walls – Citadel, Cathedral of Saint Tryphon in Kotor, the Maritime museum in Kotor…
You will be met by our guide on arrival at either Podgorica or Tivat airport, and after check-in, we will then start with a panoramic sightseeing tour.
We will meet at an agreed time, and start a leisurely walking tour through the city accompanied by a guide for 2 hours. We will visit the Republic Square - the main city square, and pass through Bokeška Street with its charming cafes and urban look. This is a favourite place for young people.
We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city. We will visit the Sastavci or the Skalines - the oldest bridge in Podgorica and according to historical facts were established during the Roman rule.
We will visit the Clock Tower and the Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica, which preserves a rich historical and cultural heritage. You will see the most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period, the ClockTower. It still dominates the Old Town with its height.
We will also visit the Centre of Contemporary Art, Kruševac and the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović.
Then we will continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third-largest Orthodox temple in the world. Finally, we will visit St. George’s Church which dates from the IX-XI century.
We will then head back to the hotel for dinner.
We will depart early in the morning and drive towards Šćepan Polje.
The duration of the journey is 2 - 3 hours. On arrival at the camp, you will meet with the skippers and other participants. You will also enjoy a traditional Montenegrin breakfast at the restaurant on the riverside (approx. 1hour 30 minutes).
Enjoy rafting with plenty of time for swimming and photography at beautiful places including an amazing waterfall on the Tara (3 - 4 hours). The Tara River has white restless water stairs with beautiful, peaceful pools between rapids that allow you to rest, take a photo of its unique landscapes, or to try out swimming in crystal clear but very cold water.
We will then head back to the camp for a traditional Montenegrin lunch. There are various dishes - gourmet, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and other dishes of your choice + aperitif and homemade Montenegrin brandy) – approx. 1hour 30 minutes. Almost all products are of organic origin, purchased from local breeders and manufacturers.
Overnight stay in either 3 or 4-star hotel.
First of all, we start the day with breakfast. Then head off driving towards Budva which is approximately an hours drive.
On arrival at Budva, and accompanied by a guide, you will see the Old Town. Walk in the winding streets and enjoy the view of the late Middle Ages. The squares form a whole with solid ramparts, their towers and city gates, Orthodox and Catholic churches, and an archaeological museum
We will then drive towards Perast.
On arrival at Perast, we will take an easy walk through this beautiful coastal city before taking a boat towards the island of Our Lady of the Rocks. We will visit the 15th-century church and museum. We will also be taking a ride around the unique bay of the Mediterranean – Boka Bay until we reach Kotor.
On arrival at Kotor, we will then head out on a city walk accompanied by a tourist guide. In the Old Town, you will see famous monuments and squares - the Arms Market, Saint Tryphon Cathedral and square, Saint Luke’s church and square, Maritime museum and square, and the Cats square. We will then have lunch at one of the cities famous restaurants before continuing towards Tivat.
You will have some free time to enjoy the city and luxurious marina, Porto Montenegro.
Overnight in 3-4 star hotel.
Firstly we will start our day with Breakfast.
We will then drive down towards Kolašin along the Morača river canyon, known as Platije. You will enjoy amazing landscapes. We will take a photo break to capture the beauty of this area.
We will then start the jeep safari from the city centre. We are going up to the ski centres at an altitude of 1450m and 1600m – 30 min. We will make a short break in Ethno village Vranjak, then continue onto the peak, Zekova Glava.
We will then come to the viewpoint at Pešića lake, which is located between the peaks of Zekova Glava and the Crna Glava - spring of Biogradska river. We will have a 15-minute break, then head to the viewpoint at Šiško lake, and the viewpoint at Bendovac from were you can see the amazing Biogradsko lake from a birds perspective.
Then, we continue to the Katun Dolovi Lalevića, where we have lunch at a local household and where you will enjoy domestic traditional homemade products.
Then we go down to the Biogradsko lake (a special tourist attraction), have a walk around the lake and then return to Kolašin.
In this tour, you will enjoy amazing landscapes, a specificity of flora, a unique rainforest, and a wide variety of trees, flowers, lakes and meadows.
The Jeep safari tour lasts approx. 7 hours.
We will have free time for sightseeing in Kolašin city centre for about 1 hour. A short stay in this area will make you feel all the benefits of an aerial spa. Mountain climates, altitude and clean air and healthy natural food, guarantee refreshment and recovery.
We will then drive and take a tour of Morača Monastery. Many visitors describe the atmosphere in the monastery as something special. There is a story that the yellow stone from which the monastery was built was brought from the village of Tušina by the formation of a column of people and with the stone being passed from hand to hand.
Overnight in 3-4 star hotel
We start the day with breakfast. We then head off for a drive towards Skadar Lake, which is around 30 minutes away from the hotel.
Then we arrive at Virpazar, a fishing village with charming stone houses. We then continue with a short walk and some free time for climbing on the Besac fortress, the most attractive viewpoint on Skadar Lake - Optional.
We then start our cruise. The cruise lasts about 2 hours. You will see fishing villages, cultural and historical monuments, the flora and fauna of the lake, and if you like, you may take a swim in the lake. After the cruise, we will have lunch in unrivalled ambience.
We will then visit one of the traditional wineries in the ’homeland of grape’ – Crmnica region. Wine degustation with three types of wine.
We continue with a drive to the Old Town Bar - Visiting one of the oldest archaeological sites in the world. The Old Olive Tree.
Return for some free time and an overnight stay.
We will start our day with breakfast at the hotel.
Then have some free time around the hotel before check-out and transfer back to the airport.
- Dress according to the weather
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Transfer from another airport (in the region) (additional option for an extra fee)
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language (for extra fee)
- Single room use (Extra Fee)
- Boat riding on Biogradsko lake