6 Day Chill Out in Montenegro
On this tour, you will visit many different parts of Montenegro and be based in the capital, Podgorica city.
You will visit the stunning Budva – the metropolis of tourism, also known as the Queen of Adriatic), & east island, Our Lady of the Rocks, and Kotor which is under UNESCO protection.
Enjoy visiting Tivat, (one of the top 10 European destinations) with its luxurious marina, called Montenegrin Monaco.
Be adventurous and go rafting on the Tara river, known as the tear of Europe because of its clean water. Its canyon is the deepest in Europe, and second deepest in the world after Colorado.
Enjoy wild beauty in the North, during a jeep safari on Bjelasica mountain and in one of the three remaining rainforests in Europe. Explore the amazing sights at the Biogradska Gora National Park. Visit Morača monastery (est. 1252), and cruise on the largest lake in the Balkans. Skadar lake is also one of the richest bird habitats in Europe.
Visit the Old Olive Tree, believed to be the oldest in Europe and one of the oldest in the world.
Enjoy a tour to a winery in Crmnica region, the homeland of the grapes and of course enjoy national specialties and premium wines.
You will be fascinated driving by Boka bay with a view of the Azure Adriatic sea on one side and on the other side, mountain beauties and splendid landscapes.
On this tour, you will visit the central, southern and northern areas of Montenegro. With great activities along with wine and traditional food, you will be left with memories that will last a lifetime.
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro.
- Fully licensed travel guides.
- All transfers included.
- All lunch in the itinerary included.
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles.
- See the famous Old Olive Tree
- Visit a winery
- Boat trip on Skadar Lake
- See the beautiful Skadar Lake
- Visit Morača Monastery
- Jeep Safari in the mountains
- Great photo opportunities at the Morača river canyon
- Kotor's famous monuments and squares
- Boat tour to the island of Our Lady of the Rocks
- Explore Budva
- Whitewater rafting in the Tara River
- Sightseeing in Podgorica
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you up from either Podgorica or Tivat airport or Tivat / Kotor / Bar port.
- Easy Cancellation30 days before the beginning of the travel free cancellation 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel 30% of total package amount as charges 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel 50% of total package amount as charges 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel 80% of total package amount as charges 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel 90% of total package amount as charges 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel 100% of total package amount as charges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 8 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- wine tasting in Winery in Crmnica region (5th day)
- Skadar lake cruising – approx. 2 hours (5th day)
- lunch on the Skadar lake, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or beer (5th day)
- lunch at the local household Lalevića Dolovi during jeep safari (4th day)
- jeep safari (4th day)
- lunch in Kotor, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or beer (3rd day)
- rafting on the Tara River, breakfast, lunch, licensed skipper, equipment, driver with English knowledge (2th day)
- tickets: National park Biogradska Gora, Morača monastery, National park Skadar lake, Old Olive Tree, Old Town of Bar.
- boat ride to the Our Lady of the Rocks and back
- tourist tax
- insurance during rafting
- travel insurance
- road expenses and parking
- travel expenses
- residence tax and insurance
- 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Podgorica – 5 nights (BB), the second day breakfast is in Šćepan Polje instead of hotel, because we need to start off from Podgorica to the rafting tour in early morning hours
- licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- transfer airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Tivat/Bar) – hotel – airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat)
- Other services not mentioned
- Food, drinks and any other service not specified
- Personal expenses
- Visits to bars and restaurants that are not listed in the program
- Drinks and food not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Tickets: for localities which are not listed in *Included in price, Budva City Walls – Citadel, Cathedral of Saint Tryphon in Kotor, the Maritime museum in Kotor…
- Transfer from an airport or port that is not listed in the program
- Single room use
- Travel health insurance
Day 1 - Arrival at the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat). Accommodation in 4-star hotel in Podgorica. City sightseeing. We will welcome you to the airport, and then head towards Podgorica. We start a panoramic sightseeing tour with a guide, after which we will head to the hotel. Check - in. Meeting at an agreed time, and start easy walking through the city accompanied by a guide – approx. 2 hours. We start the tour from the Republic Square - the main city square. We will pass through Bokeška Street with nice cafes and urban look, a favorite place for young people to go out. We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city. We will visit the Sastavci or the Skaline - the oldest bridge in Podgorica, according to the historical facts that was established during the Roman rule. We will visit the Clock Tower and the Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica which preserves rich historical and cultural heritage. The most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period is the Clock Tower, which is a symbol of Podgorica. It still dominates the area of Old Town with its height. Then we will continue towards Centre of Contemporary Art - Kruševac - the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović. Then we continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third largest Orthodox temple in the world. In the end we visit St. George Church which dates from the IX-XI century; belongs to the oldest active worship of the Christian chapel in the area of Montenegro and beyond. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Departure in the early morning hours, driving towards Šćepan Polje. Duration of the journey: approx. 2 - 3 hours. Arriving at the camp, meeting with skippers and other participants in rafting, a traditional Montenegrin breakfast at the restaurant on the riverside (approx. 1h 30 min). Preparation for rafting - fitting with neoprene clothing and footwear, safety belts, helmets (set for Go Pro camera) – approx. 30 minutes. You can take camera and mobile phones with yourselves, because there is a safety, waterproof bag in your boats where you can leave your stuff during rapids, and use them during breaks as well as in quiet parts of the river. Your adventure begins with short and exciting driving by off-road vehicles to the starting point of the rafting tour "Brštanovica" (approx. 40 min). When you arrive, skipper will give you all instructions that you need for rafting, so the important thing is listen to him and be careful what he will say. Also, he will inform you during the rafting before each rapid. Rafting with pauses for swimming and photography at the most beautiful places and unavoidable most beautiful waterfall on the Tara (approx. 3 - 4 hours). Tara River seems to has white restless water stairs with beautiful, peaceful pools between rapids that allow you to rest, take a photo of its unique landscapes, or to try out swimming in crystal clear but very cold water. Back to the camp. Traditional Montenegrin lunch (various dishes - gourmet, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and other dishes of your choice + aperitif - homemade Montenegrin brandy) – approx. 1h 30 min. Almost all products are of organic origin, purchased from local breeders and manufacturers. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Driving towards Budva – approx. 1 h. Arrival at Budva. Accompanied by a guide, you will see the Old Town, which unites with unity, walk in the winding streets, enjoy the view of the late Middle Ages squares that form a whole with solid ramparts, their towers and city gates, Orthodox and Catholic churches – approx. 1h:30min. Driving towards Perast – approx. 45 min. Arrival at Perast. Easy walk throught this beautiful coastal city. Boat riding towards the island of Our Lady of the Rocks. Visiting the 15th century church and museum (all approx. 1 hour). Taking ride around unique bay of the Mediterranean – Boka Bay, until we reach Kotor (about 30 minutes). Arrival at Kotor. City walk accompanied by a tourist guide through its Old Town, where you can see its famous monuments and squares - the Arms Market, Saint Tryphon Cathedral and square, Saint Luke’s church and square, Cats square – approx. 1 hour. Lunch at one of the famous restaurants in the city (approx. 1 hour). Driving towards Tivat (about approx. 20 min). Free time for city tour and luxurious marina Porto Montenegro – approx. 1h. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Driving towards Kolašin along the Morača river canyon, known as Platije. You will enjoy an amazing landscape. We will take a photo pause to capture the beauty of nature. Driving lasts approx. 1 hour 30 min. Starting jeep safari from the city center. Then, we are going up to the ski centers at an altitude 1450m and 1600m. We will make a short break in ethno village Vranjak, then continuing to the peak Zekova glava. We will come to the viewpoint Pešića lake which is located between peaks Zekova glava and Crna glava, spring of Biogradska river break, viewpoint Šiško lake, viewpoint Bendovac from which you can see amazing Biogradsko lake from birds perspective, Biogradsko lake and surrounding mountains on the palm. The viewpoint is extraordinary. Then, we continue to the Katun Dolovi Lalevića, where we have a lunch at the local household. You will enjoy domestic traditionally homemade products. Then we go down to the Biogradsko lake (a special tourist attraction), have a walk around the lake – approx. 1 hour, and return to Kolašin. In this tour you will enjoy every view and beauty of landscapes, specificity of flora, unique rainforest, wide variety of trees, flowers, lakes, meadows... Jeep safari tour lasts approx. 7 hours including photo breaks. Free time for sightseeing Kolašin city center – approx. 1 hour. Short stay in this area will make you feel all the benefits of an aerial spa. Mountain climates, altitude and clean air and healthy natural food, guarantee refreshment and recovery. Driving towards the Morača Monastery - driving time around 40 min. Arrival at the Morača monastery. Tour of the Monastery – approx. 30 min. Many visitors describe the atmosphere in the monastery as something special. There is a story that the yellow stone from which the monastery was built was brought from the village of Tušina by the formation of a column of people and the stone was passed from hand to hand. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Driving towards Skadar Lake about – approx. 30 min. Arrival at Virpazar, a fishing village with charming stone houses. A short walk. Free time for climbing on the Besac fortress - the most attractive viewpoint on the Skadar Lake, or drinking coffee at one of the restaurants – optionally (approx. 20 min). Start of cruising. The cruise lasts about 2 hours. You will see fishing villages, cultural and historical monuments, the flora and fauna of the lake, and take swim in the lake. After cruising, having lunch in unrepeatable ambience – approx. 1 h 30 min. Visit to the one of the traditional winery in the ’homeland of grape’ – Crmnica region. Wine tasting – three types of wine - approx. 45 min. Continuing drive to the Old Town Bar – approx. 30 min. Visiting one of the oldest archaeological sites in the world. Old Olive Tree visit – total approx.1 h. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
We will start our day with breakfast at the hotel.
Then have some free time around the hotel before check-out and transfer back to the airport Podgorica or Tivat or port Tivat / Kotor / Bar. The end of the arrangement.
- Dress according to the weather
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Discount for infants (from 0 to 1,99 years) 90%, discount for children (from 2 to 11,99 years) 20%.
- No group size limit. For more than 20 people, price on request.
- Possibility of organizing tourist packages according to your wishes, budget and interests.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the trip due to bad weather conditions.
- Need to bring (for rafting tour): Passport or ID card, Swimsuit, Dry clothes, Sun protection and good mood for unforgettable enjoying!
- Note: Minimum age for rafting tour is 6 years old.
- Single room use (additional option for extra fee)
- Travel health insurance (30 EUR per person) - optional
- Transfer from another airport, port, hotel or accommodation - in the region (additional option for extra fee)
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language (additional option for extra fee)
- Tickets for localities which are not included in price (additional option for extra fee)