5 Day Montenegro Fairytale
Visit magical Montenegro on this 5-day tour and enjoy the unique beauties of this wonderful country. The city is close to the winter centres in the north and the resorts on the Adriatic Sea.
On the first day of your tour, you will be taken on a guided tour of Montenegro’s capital city Podgorica and explore all of its major highlights. Discover monuments and have the chance to taste traditional local cuisine.
North of Podgorica is the small town of Zabjak which is 1456m above sea level and the highest town in the Balkans. It is here where you will find Tara Canyon, which is the second biggest canyon in the world, after the Grand Canyon. Another popular tourist stop is the Black Lake which is the largest and most famous of the eighteen glacier lakes on the mountain.
Discover the delights of Cetinje where you will visit the Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence – Biljarda, King Nikola’s Museum, the Presidential Palace, the Royal Theater “Zeta house”, and the monument of Ivan Crnojević.
Enjoy beautiful Kotor, a city and municipality on the coast of Boka Bay. This town of merchants and sailors has a lot to offer, and Kotor Bay (Boka Kotorska) is one of the deepest and longest in the Adriatic Sea. The old Mediterranean archipelago is surrounded by impressive city walls and is very well preserved and included in the UNESCO list of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Between 1420-1797 Kotor was surrounded by Venice and Venetian influence stands out in the urban architecture.
Throughout the city, there are buildings, intertwined with streets and squares, and on one of them, there is the Cathedral of Saint Tryphon (XII century) dedicated to the patron of the town. The most imposing are, however, the city walls themselves that surround the city, and which are about 5 km long, 20m high and 10m wide. Climbing along the walls, you will arrive at the San Giovanni fortress at about 280m above sea level and from where you have terrific views.
The old town of Kotor also has a great number of restaurants and hotels where you can taste traditional specialities as well as varied Mediterranean food.
Explore Budva, which is famous for its nightlife, its squares and streets. There are many restaurants to enjoy, which are dominated by Mediterranean and Montenegrin cuisine. The city is one of the oldest on the Adriatic Sea and dates back to over 3,450 years ago. Most of the architecture is of Venetian origin, although there are many buildings from Roman times.
Budva has a large number of cultural and historical monuments, monasteries and churches that document past historical and social events in the area of the Budvanska Riviera. Among the most famous churches are the Church of St. John the Evangelist, built in the 7th century, the Church of Santa Maria “in Punta” from 840, and the church of the Holy Trinity from 1804. Budva is often referred to as the “metropolis of tourism” as it is the most visited destination in Montenegro and one of the most visited ones on the Adriatic.
You will never forget your train journey from Podgorica to Kolasin. The landscapes are amazing as you pass through high cliffs and canyons. On this train journey, you will cross the magnificent bridge on Mala Rijeka, which is one of the highest in Europe (498m long and 20m wide).
Along with the beautiful sights that you will see, you will also visit many places of cultural and historical interest, including, Morača monastery, the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović, Cetinje Monastery, the Cathedral of St. Triphon, the Church of St. Luke, and the Maritime Museum are to name but a few.
After your five day tour, you will most definitely understand why we have named this tour Fairytale Montenegro, and the memories that you take with you will last for a lifetime.
- Podgorica city sightseeing
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Fully licensed travel guides
- All transfers included
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Tour of Morača monastery
- Explore Biogradska Gora National Park
- Stunning train journey from Podgorica to Kolašin
- Budva sightseeing
- Sightseeing in Kotor Old Town
- Drive through the Lovćen serpentines
- Cetinje Monastery and Ćipuri church
- Beautiful views from Đurđevića Tara bridge
- Durmitor National Park
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available from March to December 2020
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from either Podgorica or Tivat airport.
- Easy CancellationThe date of receipt of written cancellation is the basis for calculating the fee that belongs to the organizer, expressed as a percentage of the total travel price, as follows: 5% if the travel is cancelled up to 45 days before the start of the travel (timely cancellation) 10% if the travel is cancelled from 44 to 30 before the beginning of the travel, 20% if it is cancelled 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel, 40% if it is cancelled 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel, 80% if cancelled 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel, 90% if it is cancelled 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel, 100% if it is cancelled 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel.
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel health insurance
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- Lunch in Kolašin (4th day)
- Lunch in Kotor (3rd day)
- Food degustation at Njeguši village (3rd day)
- Lunch in Žabljak (2nd day)
- Tourist tax
- Tickets: National Park Durmitor, King Nikola’s Museum, Morača Monastery, National Park Biogradska Gora, Botanical Garden, train ticket Podgorica – Kolašin
- Travel insurance
- Road expenses and parking
- Travel expenses
- Residence tax and insurance
- 3 or 4-star hotel accommodation in a double room in Podgorica - 4 nights (BB, dinner on the day of arrival)
- Licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- City tour of Podgorica with licensed tourist guide (in English) – approx. 2 hours
- Panoramic tour of Podgorica
- Transfer airport - hotel - airport
- Other non - program costs
- Visits to the bars and restaurants not listed in the program
- Drinks and food during excursions not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
On arrival at the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) we will begin our Podgorica city tour.
You will start with an easy walk through the city accompanied by a guide – 2 hours. We start the tour from the Republic Square which is the main city square. We will pass through Bokeška Street with its nice cafes and urban look, and a favourite place for young people to meet.
We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city and we will visit the Sastavci – Skaline – the oldest bridge in Podgorica.
The Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica preserves rich historical and cultural heritage. The most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period is the Clock Tower, which is a symbol of Podgorica, and which we will visit.
After visiting the Old Town, we will head towards the Centre of Contemporary Art – Kruševac – the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović. Then we continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third-largest Orthodox temple in the world. Our last stop is to St. George’s Church which dates from the IX-XI century.
Overnight in your Podgorica 3-4 star hotel
After breakfast at your hotel, we will drive to Žabljak – Duration of journey about 2h and 30 min.
On arrival at Žabljak, we will take a tour of the National Park – 1h 30 min.
We will now continue to Đurđevića Tara bridge – 30 min.
Enjoy the view from one of the most beautiful bridges in Europe. Free time for refreshment at the bar near the bridge, walking by the bridge, or for the brave - ZIP LINE.
Lunch – 1h and 30 min.
Overnight in you 3-4 star Podgorica hotel
After breakfast, we will drive to Cetinje – 30 min, and on arrival we will visit Cetinje Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence – Biljarda, King Nikola’s Museum, the Presidential Palace, the Royal Theater “Zeta house”, and the monument of Ivan Crnojević – Zeta ruler and founder of Cetinje (duration 1h).
We will continue to Njeguši and on arrival, we will taste traditional products in the oldest tavern of this type in Montenegro – from 1881 (about 1h and 30 min).
We will now travel through the Lovćen serpentines (duration 1h and 20min) and enjoy a photo break.
When we arrive in Kotor, we will begin by visiting the Old Town, including, the Square of Arms, the Cathedral of St. Triphon, the Church of St. Luke, the Maritime Museum, and the Cat Square – 1 h.
Enjoy lunch at one of the most famous restaurants in the city (about 1h and 30min).
Next, we will continue to Budva (about 30 min).
Here we will visit the Old Town and see beautiful churches, squares, and Citadela. Enjoy a walk in the winding streets and around the beautiful marina (about 30 minutes).
Overnight in you 3-4 star Podgorica hotel
After breakfast, we will take the train from Podgorica – to Kolašin – about 1 h. Enjoy the beautiful scenery as we go into the mountains with great views of the canyon and the Moraca river. You will see the peaks of Maganik, Žurim and Stožac and will cross the bridge on Mala Rijeka, one of the highest in Europe (498 m long and 200 m high). On our return journey, we pass through the narrowest and deepest part of the canyon where we take a break for photos.
On arrival at Kolašin, we continue our journey to Biogradska Gora National Park (20 min), and explore this beautiful region (1h 30 min).
Visit the Botanical garden where you will learn about medicinal herbs, rare and protected plant species, forest fruits, mushrooms, organic food, as well as learning about the city itself and its history – 30 min.
Enjoy free time for sightseeing – 1 hour.
Have lunch at the national restaurant (in Kolašin) that offers traditional and modern dishes – 1h 30 min.
Next, we will go to Morača Monastery along the Morača river canyon, known as Platije. You will enjoy amazing landscapes and we will take a photo break to capture the beauty of nature – driving time 30 minutes.
On arrival at Morača monastery, we will take a 30-minute tour. Many visitors describe the atmosphere in the monastery as something special. There is a story that the yellow stone from which the monastery was built was brought from the village of Tušina by the formation of a column of people and the stone was passed from hand to hand.
Overnight in your Podgorica 3-4 star hotel
After breakfast, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport
- Transfer from another airport (in the region) (optional for an extra charge)
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language (optional for an extra charge)
- ZIPLINE – Đurđevića Tara bridge (optional for an extra charge)
- Dress according to the weather
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Boat riding on the Biogradska lake (optional for an extra charge)
- Single room use (for an extra charge)