5 Day Montenegro Fairytale
Visit magical Montenegro on this 5-day tour and enjoy the unique beauties of this wonderful country. You will be accommodated in Podgorica - the city is close to the winter centers in the north and the resorts on the Adriatic Sea.
On the first day of your tour, you will be taken on a guided tour of Montenegro’s capital city Podgorica and explore all of its major highlights. Discover monuments and have the chance to taste traditional local cuisine.
North of Podgorica is the small town of Zabjak which is 1456m above sea level and the highest town in the Balkans. It is here where you will find Tara Canyon, which is the second biggest canyon in the world, after the Grand Canyon. Another popular tourist stop is the Black Lake which is the largest and most famous of the eighteen glacier lakes on the mountain.
Discover the delights of Cetinje where you will visit the Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence – Biljarda, King Nikola’s Museum, the Presidential Palace.
Enjoy beautiful Kotor, a city and municipality on the coast of Boka Bay. This town of merchants and sailors has a lot to offer, and Kotor Bay (Boka Kotorska) is one of the deepest and longest in the Adriatic Sea. The old Mediterranean archipelago is surrounded by impressive city walls and is very well preserved and included in the UNESCO list of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Between 1420-1797 Kotor was surrounded by Venice and Venetian influence stands out in the urban architecture.
Throughout the city, there are buildings, intertwined with streets and squares, and on one of them, there is the Cathedral of Saint Tryphon (XII century) dedicated to the patron of the town. The most imposing are, however, the city walls themselves that surround the city, and which are about 5 km long, 20m high and 10m wide. Climbing along the walls, you will arrive at the San Giovanni fortress at about 280m above sea level and from where you have terrific views.
The old town of Kotor also has a great number of restaurants and hotels where you can taste traditional specialities as well as varied Mediterranean food.
Explore Budva, which is famous for its nightlife, its squares and streets. There are many restaurants to enjoy, which are dominated by Mediterranean and Montenegrin cuisine. The city is one of the oldest on the Adriatic Sea and dates back to over 3,450 years ago. Most of the architecture is of Venetian origin, although there are many buildings from Roman times.
Budva has a large number of cultural and historical monuments, monasteries and churches that document past historical and social events in the area of the Budvanska Riviera. Among the most famous churches are the Church of St. John the Evangelist, built in the 7th century, the Church of Santa Maria “in Punta” from 840, and the church of the Holy Trinity from 1804. Budva is often referred to as the “metropolis of tourism” as it is the most visited destination in Montenegro and one of the most visited ones on the Adriatic.
You will never forget your train journey from Podgorica to Kolasin. The landscapes are amazing as you pass through high cliffs and canyons. On this train journey, you will cross the magnificent bridge on Mala Rijeka, which is one of the highest in Europe (498m long and 20m wide).
Along with the beautiful sights that you will see, you will also visit many places of cultural and historical interest, including, Morača monastery, the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović, Cetinje Monastery, the Cathedral of St. Triphon, the Church of St. Luke, and the Maritime Museum are to name but a few.
After your five day tour, you will most definitely understand why we have named this tour Fairytale Montenegro, and the memories that you take with you will last for a lifetime.
- Podgorica city sightseeing
- The chance to visit stunning places in Montenegro
- Fully licensed travel guides
- All transfers included
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Tour of Morača monastery
- Explore Biogradska Gora National Park
- Stunning train journey from Podgorica to Kolašin
- Budva sightseeing
- Sightseeing in Kotor Old Town
- Drive through the Lovćen serpentines
- Cetinje Monastery and Ćipuri church
- Beautiful views from Đurđevića Tara bridge
- Durmitor National Park
- Enjoy national snack in the oldest tavern of Njeguši village
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from either Podgorica or Tivat airport or Tivat/Kotor/Bar port
- Easy Cancellation30 days before the beginning of the travel free cancellation 29 to 20 days before the beginning of the travel 30% of total package amount as charges 19 to 15 days before the beginning of the travel 50% of total package amount as charges 14 to 10 days before the beginning of the travel 80% of total package amount as charges 9 to 6 days before the beginning of the travel 90% of total package amount as charges 5 to 0 days before the beginning of the travel or during the travel 100% of total package amount as charges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 8 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- lunch in Kolašin, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (4th day)
- lunch in Kotor, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (3rd day)
- food tasting at Njeguši village (3rd day)
- lunch in Žabljak, included 1 drink – juice, local wine or local beer (2nd day)
- tourist tax
- tickets: National Park Durmitor, King Nikola’s Museum, Morača Monastery, National Park Biogradska Gora, train ticket Podgorica – Kolašin.
- travel insurance
- road expenses and parking
- travel expenses
- residence tax and insurance
- 4-star hotel accommodation in a double/triple room in Podgorica - 4 nights (BB)
- licensed travel guide for excursions provided by the program (in English)
- transfer airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Tivat/Bar) – hotel – airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat)
- Other non - program costs
- Visits to the bars and restaurants not listed in the program
- Drinks and food during excursions not listed in the program
- Transfer from an airport that is not listed in the program
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language
- Tickets for localities which are not listed in *Included in price (Visit Njegoš’s home in Njeguši, Cathedral of Saint Tryphon in Kotor, the Maritime Museum in Kotor, Budva City Walls ’Citadel’, localities in Cetinje excepting King Nikola’s Museum...)
- Travel health insurance
Day 1 - Arrival at the airport (Podgorica or Tivat) or port (Kotor/Bar/Tivat). Accommodation in 4-star hotel in Podgorica. City sightseeing. We will welcome you to the airport, and then head towards Podgorica.
We start a panoramic sightseeing tour with a guide, after which we will head to the hotel. Check - in. Meeting at an agreed time, and start easy walking through the city accompanied by a guide – approx. 2 hours.
We start the tour from the Republic Square - the main city square. We will pass through Bokeška Street with nice cafes and urban look, a favorite place for young people to go out. We will see the Millennium Bridge that represents the visual identity of the city.
We will visit the Sastavci or the Skaline - the oldest bridge in Podgorica, according to the historical facts that was established during the Roman rule. We will visit the Clock Tower and the Old Town located in the very heart of Podgorica which preserves rich historical and cultural heritage.
The most beautiful example of architecture remaining from the Turkish period is the Clock Tower, which is a symbol of Podgorica. It still dominates the area of Old Town with its height. Then we will continue towards Centre of Contemporary Art - Kruševac - the former winter mansion of King Nikola I Petrović.
Then we continue our walk to the Temple of the Resurrection of Christ, the third largest Orthodox temple in the world. In the end we visit St. George Church which dates from the IX-XI century; belongs to the oldest active worship of the Christian chapel in the area of Montenegro and beyond. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Driving towards Žabljak - Duration of journey about 2h and 30 min.
Arrival at Žabljak. Tour of the National Park – approx. 1h 30 min. Driving towards the Đurđevića Tara bridge – approx. 30 min.
Enjoying the view from one of the most beautiful bridges in Europe. Free time for refreshment at the bar near the bridge, walking by the bridge, or for those bravest ZIP LINE - optionally.
Lunch – approx. 1h and 30 min. Return.
Arriving at the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Driving to Cetinje – approx. 30 min. Arrival at Cetinje.
City sightseeing: Cetinje Monastery, Ćipuri church, the former Njegoš’s residence - Biljarda, King Nikola’s museum, the Presidential Palace (duration approx. 1h).
Driving towards Njeguši. Arrival at the Njeguši village.
Tasting of traditional products in the oldest tavern of this type in Montenegro - from 1881 (about 1h and 30 min). Driving the Lovćen serpentine (duration approx. 1h and 20min). A pause for taking photos on the road for which there is a story that the designer Joseph Slade has devoted this route to princess Milena, so this part of route is in the form of the initial letter of her name.
Coming to Kotor. City sightseeing: the Old Town, the Square of Arms, the Cathedral of St. Tryphon, the Church of St. Luke, the Cat Square – approx. 1 h.
Lunch at the one of the most famous restaurants in the city (about 1h). Driving towards Budva (about 30 min).
Old Town sightseeing: beautiful churches, squares, Citadela. Enjoying in a walk in the winding streets and a beautiful marina (approx. 1 hour). Return.
Arriving at the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Transfer to the railway station. Travel by train Podgorica – Kolašin – about 1 h. We sit in train and start slowly to travel high above the north.
We will pass high through the cliffs of the canyon, where you will enjoy the view of the river Morača and the Platije canyon. You will surely be delighted with what you see. From there the peaks of Maganik, Žurim and Stožac are also seen.
Next we will cross the bridge on Mala Rijeka, one of the highest in Europe (498 m long and 200 m high). In departure, you will enjoy the view of canyon "from the height", while in return we pass through the narrowest and deepest part of the canyon where we take a break for photographing this natural force.
Arrival at Kolašin. We continue our journey by car, minivan, van or tourist class bus towards National Park Biogradska Gora "realm of untouched nature" – approx. 20 min. A tour of the park in whose heart it is located the Biogradsko, a special tourist attraction – approx. 1h and 30 min. Return driving to the city, enjoy the beautiful landscapes.
Free time for city sightseeing – approx. 1 hour. Short stay in this area will make you feel all the benefits of an aerial spa. Mountain climates, altitude and clean air and healthy natural food, guarantee refreshment and recovery.
Lunch at the national restaurant (in Kolašin) that offers traditional and modern dishes – approx. 1h 30 min. Driving towards the Morača Monastery – approx. 30 min. Arrival at the Morača monastery.
Tour of the Monastery – approx. 30 min. Many visitors describe the atmosphere in the monastery as something special. There is a story that the yellow stone from which the monastery was built was brought from the village of Tušina by the formation of a column of people and the stone was passed from hand to hand.
Driving along the Morača river canyon, known as Platije. You will enjoy an amazing landscape. We will take a photo pause to capture the beauty of nature - driving time about 30 min. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, you will have some free time before your transfer to the airport Podgorica or Tivat or port Kotor / Tivat / Bar. The end of the arrangement.
- Licensed tourist guide for a specific language (optional for an extra charge)
- ZIPLINE – Đurđevića Tara bridge (optional for an extra charge)
- Dress according to the weather
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Single room use (for an extra charge)
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the trip due to bad weather conditions.
- No group size limit. For more than 20 people, price on request.
- Possibility of organizing tourist packages according to your wishes, budget and interests.
- Teleferique Savin Kuk in Žabljak (optional for an extra charge)
- Travel health insurance (25 EUR per person) - optional
- Transfer from another airport, port, hotel or accommodation (in the region) (optional for an extra charge)
- Tickets for localities which are not included in price (optional for an extra charge)