Kenya 5 Day Highlights Safari
This 5-day safari starts at the Aberdare National Park, game viewing into the late night is from the balconies of your Tree hotel.
Tour proceeds to the Lake Nakuru National park in the Rift Valley to view birdlife and wildlife including the endangered Rhino (you can choose to visit Lake Bogoria instead if you are more keen on viewing the flamingo).
At Masai Mara Reserve its game viewing extravaganza trailing the big cats.
This safari can always be modified to suit your interests.
Awesome scenery including the great rift valley views along the safari route.
There will be a blend of local cultures and tribespeople including the Masai.
Optional Masai village visit at Masai Mara (please arrange with your driver guide)=$ 20 per person to village chief Option hot air balloon excursion at Masai Mara (enquire with us) = $ 420 per person
- The big five & scenery
- Experience Game Drives in Aberdare National Park and Lake Nakuru National Park
- Be introduced to a blend of local cultures and tribes people including the Masai.
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This Safari is available from April to June
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceNairobi Hotel Pick ups or airport transfers.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Complimentary arrival and departure airport transfer in Nairobi or Hotel Pick up
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Lodges / Camps in the Game Reserves are booked on Full Board
- Road transportation in custom made 4x4 safari minivans with experienced English speaking driver guide throughout the safari
- Unlimited game drives as per the itinerary
- Park entrance fees
- The flying doctors medical, emergency and rescue cover
- Unlimited drinking water.
- Visit to Masai Cultural Village in Masai Mara.
- Balloon Safari.
- All International Flights + Taxes
- Visa fees, Travel & Personal accident insurance
- Excursions, services and activities not mentioned in this program
- Personal expenses e.g. laundry, telephone calls
- Tips and gratuities
Pick from your Nairobi Hotel and leave for Aberdares National Park with a game drive en route. Along the journey from Nairobi, driving north, you will pass the lush pineapple, coffee and tea plantations in Kenya's rich highland arriving at Aberdares Country Club, base hotel for the Tree Lodge in time for lunch.
After lunch transfer in lodge vehicles to The Ark located right in the Aberdares National Park with small overnight bags while the rest of baggage is left at the base hotel. The decks and balconies at the Ark are geared towards affording easy game viewing and photography.
Distance: Amboseli – Aberdares: 180 km / 3 hours
After breakfast at the Ark, you rejoin your driver guide and drive past the northern tip of the Aberdares mountains with a brief stopover at the Equator where you’ll be able to experience the warmth of an annual warm temperature and feel the exhilaration that comes with knowing you’re standing in the Middle of the world.
Drive further into the floor of the great rift valley to descend into the Great Rift Valley where Lake Nakuru is located. Lake Nakuru National Park is famous for its abundant birdlife.
The Park offers a great chance to see thousands of greater & lesser flamingoes, pelicans around the shores of the lake alongside abundant mammals that include endangered Rothschild giraffe, black & white rhino, buffaloes, waterbuck, elands, zebras among other species.
Overnight: Lake Elementaita Sentrim Lodge – www.setrimhotels.net Meals FB: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Distance: Ark – Lake Nakuru: 140 km / 2.5 hours.
Leave Nakuru after breakfast driving through the floor of the Great Rift Valley arriving at Maasai Mara Reserve in time for lunch.
Lunch and leisurely afternoon before enjoying scheduled evening game drive.
Maasai Mara Reserve is the most popular reserve known for the big skies, open savannahs as featured in the film ''Out of Africa''. It was also accorded the status of the Seventh Wonder of the World because of the annual wildebeest migration, where over 2 million of wildebeest cross from Serengeti to the Mara.
Besides this, the reserve boasts of the ''big five'' (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion & leopard) plus plenty of plain wild animals that include zebra, giraffe, impala, topi, giraffe, Thomson's gazelle, hyenas, cheetah, jackal, bat-eared foxes and birdlife.
No wonder it is the shooting sight for BBC Big Cat Diary every year.
Overnight: Mara Sentrim Camp – http://www.sentrimhotels.net/ Meals FB: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Distance: Lake Nakuru / Maasai Mara: 350 km / 5.5 hours.
Today you will do a full day's safari in one of the world's most famous reserves as you look for the big cats.
Maasai Mara offers an abundance of herbivores, this makes the ideal hunting ground for Kenya's famous ‘big cats' and hosts her largest population of lions.
Historically teeming with wildlife, the Mara is famous for the large herds of elephant and buffalo that wander its plains, and for the annual migration of the wildebeest.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Overnight: Mara Sentrim Camp – http://www.sentrimhotels.n
Today wake up early for a morning game drive and an amazing Africa sunrise before returning to the camp for full breakfast and check out.
Afterwards, we descend down to the great Rift Valley stopping at the great Rift Valley view point for amazing views and scenery.
You will arrive Nairobi in the early afternoon at the end of your safari where you will be transferred to your Nairobi Hotel / Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your onward arrangement’s
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellant
- Comfortable and and non vibrant coloured clothing for Game Drives recommended
- Option hot air balloon excursion at Masai Mara (enquire with us) = $ 420 per person
- Optional Masai village visit at Masai mara (please arrange with your driver guide)=$ 20 per person to village chief