Daphne Sheldricks, Karen Blixen Museum & Giraffe Centre Tour in Nairobi
Enjoy a wonderful time with baby Elephants at the David Sheldrick Orphanage.
We will then visit the Karen Blixen Museum. This was home to the famous Danish writer – Karen Blixen from 1913 until her departure from Kenya.
Last stop will be to visit the Giraffe Center where you will interact, take photos and even feed Rothschild Giraffes, one of the endangered sub-species in Kenya.
- Interact and have fun around Baby Elephants and Rhinos
- Take photos with Rothchild Giraffes and also have the opportunity to feed them
- Visit the Karen Blixen Museum which was home to this famous Danish writer
- Duration: 6 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWe pick you from your residence in Nairobi/ at the Airport and drop you back.
- Disability ServicesOur vehicles are accessible to guests on wheel chair or with other disabilities.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Entrance fees to the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Karen Blixen Museum & Giraffe Centre
- Services of a professional English Speaking guide driver
- Pick up and Drop off within Nairobi
- Services of a German, Italian, Spanish & French speaking guide at US$ 50.00 Per vehicle
- Lunch, any additional sight-seeing from what is on the itinerary
- Gratuities / Tips
This morning, our guide driver will meet you at 0900Hrs, brief you on the day’s events then off you drive to the Daphne Sheldricks Orphanage.
Here, young elephants and other animal species are tenderly nurtured to a level they can be self-dependent and then transferred back to the forest. Most of these young ones have either lost their mothers to poaching, sickness or incapacitation for various reasons.
From 1100Hrs to 12noon, we will enjoy the warm company of these young, gracious elephants as they are fed & watered. We will take photos of and with them and enjoy the sight of them wallow in the mud.
We proceed to the Karen Blixen Museum. This house was home to the famous Danish writer – Karen Blixen from 1913 until her departure from Kenya. Around the house is a well-nurtured coffee plantation that Karen grew. Inside the house is a small library where you can get a copy of her writing among other collections. Most of the house-hold items that Karen used are still intact in the house.
We end our tour with a visit to the Giraffe Centre where we will interact with the tallest mammals on earth. In Kenya we have three giraffe sub-species namely; the Masai, reticulated and the Rothschild which is the species we have here at the giraffe centre. We will feed them with our hand; take some photos by them and perhaps a kiss if we will!
Later our guide driver will drop you at your Nairobi Hotel or at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your onward flight.
- Dress code is casual wear
- Important to carry a camera for photographs, if you can.
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.