5 Days Big Five Kenya Safari
Your safari at a glance:
Day - Location - Accommodation - Meal - Planned Activity
Day 01 Nairobi - Intercontinental Hotel - B & Breakfast - Transfer
Day 02 Lake Nakuru National Park - Sarova Lion Hill Lodge - Full Board - PM Game Drive
Day 03 Masai Mara Game Reserve - Ashnil Mara Camp - Full Board - PM Game Drive
Day 04 Masai Mara Game Reserve - Ashnil Mara Camp - Full Board - AM & PM Game Drive
Day 05 Depart - Lunch - Transfer
- Meet The Big Five of Africa on Game drives
- See the amazing Flamingoes in Lake Nakuru ( if water levels are low)
- Witness the Wildebeest Migration in Masai Mara Game Reserve if your tour is between July & September
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick-up and Drop of Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or at the Nairobi City Center
- Disability ServicesWe provides steps to assist guests into the Safari vehicle, book hotel rooms accessible on wheelchair
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Pick-up & drop off at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Bed & breakfast board accommodation in Nairobi
- Full Board Accommodation while on safari
- Park entry fees
- Services of professional English Speaking guide-driver
- Bottled mineral drinking water
- Tour cost is based on a Professional English speaking guide. If you need a German, French, Italian or Spanish speaking guide, we can provide at an additional supplement of US$ 65.00 PER VEHICLE per DAY.
- At an additional supplement of US$ 265.00 PER VEHICLE you can upgrade from Safari Minivan to a Safari Landcruiser
- International flight, passport & visa fees
- Travel insurance cover
- Cultural visit to a Masai Village ( Manyatta)
- Balloon Safari ride in Masai Mara
- All personal expenses
- Laundry, telephones
- Soft & alcoholic drinks
- Tips and gratuities
Our representatives will warmly meet you on arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International airport; transfer you to your city hotel where we will brief you on your safari arrangements.
Enjoy overnight at the hotel where you are booked on bed and breakfast. Intercontinental Hotel or similar
Intercontinental Nairobi is situated a 30-minute drive from Nairobi National Park, this hotel features a heated outdoor pool, a wellness centre with a gym and a colonial-style Safari Bar serving cocktails and light snacks. Spacious and warmly decorated, all air-conditioned rooms and suites at InterContinental Nairobi come with a satellite TV and views of Nairobi, the pool or Uhuru Park. Some accommodations have an additional lounge or kitchen.
A breakfast buffet is available daily at InterContinental’s dining room.
For dinner, there is an à la carte menu, and the bar organizes themed music nights regularly with R&B or jazz performances. After a swim in the outdoor pool, guests can relax in the hot tub or visit the sauna and steam room. There is also an on-site casino and a 24-hour relax lounge to read a newspaper.
This morning after breakfast we depart to Lake Nakuru National Park.
We arrive for lunch then depart on an afternoon game viewing drive.
The scenic 188km2 Lake Nakuru game park is home to the black and white rhino, prides lions, cape buffalos, waterbucks, reticulated giraffes, hartebeests among many others. When the water levels in the lake are low, the 68km2 alkaline lake is famous for the thousands of greater and lesser flamingoes. The park has the largest euphorbia forest in Africa.
Enjoy dinner and overnight. Sarova Lion Hill Lodge or similar
The Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is nestled along the Lion Hill overlooking the spectacular flamingo pink rimmed Lake Nakuru. Its location affords panoramic views of the lake and the picturesque Lake Nakuru National Park. A short two-hour drive from Nairobi, Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is a favorite with residents and visitors to Kenya. Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge has 67 luxury chalets, divided into 64 standard rooms and 3 suites. Each chalet offers private patios with panoramic views of the flamingo pink rimmed Lake Nakuru, ensuite bathrooms with permanent showers and WC, running hot and cold water, razor outlets with 220 and 240 volts beds with mosquito nets, hair dryer and tea/coffee making facilities.
Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is cleverly laid out in such a way that most rooms and sitting areas afford stunning views of the lake and the park. The Lodge incorporates natural landscaping with tall acacia trees, winding walkways and greens dotted with bird feeds. The Lodge is a natural haven for bird life and attracts over 50 species of birds amongst the 400 species that inhabit the Park.
Enjoy an early breakfast and depart to the Masai Mara National Reserve arriving for lunch.
Depart on an afternoon game viewing drive in search of the hundreds of wildlife species the game reserve is famous for. These include the lion, Cape buffalo, the savannah elephant, black rhino and the elusive leopard, impalas, Masai giraffes, waterbucks, warthogs, Thompson & grant's gazelles, topis, the resident wildebeests among many others.
Enjoy dinner and overnight Ashnil Mara Camp or similar
OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Balloon Safari over the Mara plains or visit a traditional Masai Village (at an extra cost).
Enjoy breakfast then a full day of game viewing drive in search of the Big-Five among many other wildlife species.
In addition to wildlife, the Mara has nice, varied scenery to enjoy. The vast plains and grasslands is also home to hundreds of bird species.
Enjoy meals and overnight. Ashnil Mara Camp or similar.
Ashnil Mara Camp is located in the Masai Mara National Reserve and close to the Mara River, famous for the wildebeest migration. The camp is arguably in one of the very best positions in the Masai Mara for game viewing and also provides the perfect setting to sit and relax at the end of an exciting day of game drives. The property comprises 40 luxury tents and includes luxury ensuite bathrooms, walk-in closets and a sun deck for relaxation while watching game.
Enjoy breakfast then check-out.
You may opt to drive or take a one-hour flight (at an extra cost) to Nairobi.
Enjoy a farewell lunch at the carnivore restaurant then our guide driver will drop you at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your onward flight.
Thank you for travelling with us!
- Dressing for this tour is casual wear with not so bright colours
- Please carry with you a nice camera for photopgraphs
- Tour is open to all ages including children 2 years and more.