4 Day Majestic Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru Safari
This 4 Days/3 Nights safari includes a visit to Lake Nakuru, known as the greatest bird show on earth.
You will also visit the Masai Mara National Reserve and the pink lake and get to witness the spectacular annual migration crossing in Masai Mara.
Often described as the greatest of nature’s stages, the Mara is one of the most popular destinations in Kenya.
Let's witness the annual wildebeest migration as they make their journey back to the Serengeti.
- Experience the Best of Kenya
- Visit the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Visit Lake Nakuru
- Witness the annual wildebeest migration
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French
- Duration: 4 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up serviceComplimentary Hotel or Airport pick up and drop off
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All park fees and government taxes
- All Meals and accommodation as specified on the itinerary
- All transport and game drives on road safaris by Minibus
- Hotel or Airport pick-up/drop-off
- 1 litre bottled mineral water per person per day on game drives
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (except for mineral water during the game drives)
- Laundry services
- Food, drinks and any other service not specified
- Balloon safari in Masai Mara ($475) per ride
- Masai village visit ($15 - $20)
- Personal expenses
Early morning pick up from your Nairobi hotel. Start the drive to Masai Mara through the Great Rift Valley. Stop at the viewpoint where you will have a breathtaking view of the Rift Valley. Lunch will be a picnic on the way. In the afternoon after you check in, you'll proceed for a game viewing drive in the Maasai Mara National Reserve. You'll be taken back to the camp for a sumptuous buffet dinner ending with a rest at the Mara Sopa Lodge.
Full day exploring Maasai Mara in search of the Big Five. There will be picnic lunches in the reserve as you drive in Mara at the banks of Mara River. The great migration is the most spectacular event of the natural world that takes place in the Mara. This is the annual migration where millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (in Tanzania) are in search of water and pasture. Following on their heels are the predators of the savannah - lions, cheetahs, jackals, hyenas, and vultures. This is a good day to visit the local Maasai village in the evening or join a balloon safari in the early morning, both with additional costs. Overnight at Masai Mara National Reserve
Early morning Game Drive in Maasai Mara followed by breakfast. After that, you'll commence driving to Nakuru. Upon arrival at 18:00, you will spend the night at Ziwa Lodge in Lake Nakuru National Park plus dinner.
Early breakfast and depart by 07:00am to the park. Lake Nakuru National Park is a small park with magnificent, rare white rhinos which form part of the Big Five animals. There is also a possibility to see the pink flamingos. Game drive will last for three hours, after which you depart on a three-hour drive back to Nairobi to arrive at around 15:00 where you will be dropped at your hotel in Nairobi.
- Travel Insurance - Travelers should have medical insurance, as they will be responsible for all medical expenses they may incur.
- Safari Gratuities/ Tips - All hotel, lodges and porterage gratuities are included on your safari price – these are referred to as service charge. It is however customary to tip the driver / guide at the end of the safari tour. The amount is dependent on your evaluation of the quality of the service rendered.
- Fees & Taxes - The safari tour price includes government taxes and service charges relating to accommodations and meals provided, entrance fees to national parks and game reserves, and game ranger services (where obligatory).
- Driver/ Guide - Your safari Guide / Driver will be an integral part of your safari tour experience.
- Currency - In Kenya, the unit of currency is Kenya Shilling. We recommend that you exchange money only as needed. You will find it easiest to make small purchases in local currencies, and will usually receive a better price
- Pack a swimsuit and cover-up, as most of the safari accommodations have swimming pools.
- Safari Clothing - bring casual summer clothes that are easy to launder and quick to dry. Go for neutral colors that do not reflect the heat and do not show the inevitable safari dust.
- Weather - You can make a safari in Kenya throughout the year.