Yogyakarta Dinner with Ramayana Ballet Performance at Prambanan Temple
Watch the spectacular Ramayana show in open stage with Prambanan Temple as a backdrop. Built in the 10th century, Prambanan is the largest temple compound dedicated to Shiva in Indonesia.
Rising above the centre of the last of these concentric squares are three temples decorated with reliefs illustrating the epic of the Ramayana, dedicated to the three great Hindu divinities (Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma) and three temples dedicated to the animals who serve them performed since 1961.
With the magnificent floodlit Candi as a backdrop, nearly 200 dancers and gamelan (traditional Javanese and Balinese orchestra) musicians take part in a spectacle of monkey armies, giants on stilts, clashing battles and acrobatics.
Based on Hindu epics adapted to Javanese culture, it tells about the journey of Rama in rescuing his wife Sita (usually called Sinta) who was kidnapped by the king of Alengka Kingdom, Rahwana. Buffet dinner will be served before the show at the semi-open area in the temple yard.
- Buffet dinner will be served before the show at the semi open area in temple yard.
- Prambanan is the largest temple compound dedicated to Shiva in Indonesia
- Watch the spectacular Ramayana show in open stage with Prambanan Temple as a backdrop.
- Free pick up and drop off from select hotels in Yogyakarta City
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels in Yogyakarta City
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Dinner (food only)
- Bottled water and cold towel/wet tissue
- Show Ticket (1st Class) and parking fees
- English-speaking guide (other language is subject to surcharge and availability)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Other services not clearly indicated in the inclusions.
- Items of personal nature ( tipping, souvenir)
- Food, drinks other than mentioned
- During rainy season (January to April, November-December) the performance is held in indoor stage Trimurti at the same complex
- No refunds will be made if guests are not taking certain service included in the package