Abu Simbel Temples - Private Day Tour from Aswan
See the ancient marvel of Abu Simbel on a private day trip from Aswan. Journey southward by private, air-conditioned vehicle as your guide shares tales of the 3,400-year-old complex, a masterwork of ancient Egyptian engineering beside Lake Nasser. Awe at the two temples, graced by colossi of Ramses II and his wife Nefertari, and tour the Great Temple’s statue-lined halls and battle reliefs.
While you explore, hear the incredible story of the temples’ 1960s relocation to protect them from flooding after the building of the Aswan High Dam.
Your private guide will pick you up from your hotel in Aswan at 4 am (Aswan airport or Train Station give us your arrival time) for the three-hour drive south: you'll travel in your comfortable air-conditioned vehicle for this private tour of Abu Simbel.
Built during the reign of the great Pharaoh Ramses II, in the 13th century BC, these two substantial rock-cut temples are dedicated to Ramses II and his wife, Nefertari. They are considered architectural masterpieces of Egypt's the New Kingdom and so, when Aswan's High Dam was first built, flooding their original location, the Egyptian government and UNESCO worked together to save both temples from the flood.
Your guide will escort you to the Great Temple, or Sun Temple, built in honour of Ramses II and dedicated to him and four other gods, as well as the smaller temple dedicated to his wife Nefertari, and also known as the Temple of Hathor.
A qualified Egyptologist, he will explain the fine details of the rock-cut carvings and sculpture, as well as how the temples were saved from the flood. After around three hours at the temples, you'll return to Aswan.
- Hear the history of the temples told by your private guide
- See the temple dedicated to Nefertari
- Your Egyptologist will explain the fine details of the rocks and sculptures
- Discover how the temples were saved from the flood in the 1960s
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 9 to 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children aged 0 - 4 are free of charge
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Aswan at 4am (Aswan airport or train station please send us your arrival time)
- Disability ServicesWheelchair accessible
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All service charges and taxes
- Bottled water
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees for the two temples
- Private professional guide (Egyptologist)
- Private air-conditioned Vehicle.
- Gratuities (optional)
- You will be returned to your departure point
- This tours departure point is between 4am and 11am