Day Trip to Bruges and Ghent From Brussels
At 8:30h we will meet in the centre of Brussels to head to the charming city of Bruges, located 100 kilometres northwest of the Belgian capital and only 15 km from the North Sea.
Come and discover the charm of “the Venice of the North” and the reason why its entire historic centre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
During the city tour you will see: the Lake of Love, the Begijnhof (founded in 1245), Walplein Square, the Stoofstraat, Old St. John’s Hospital, the Church of Our Lady, the Gruuthuse Palace, the Dijver Canal, Rozenhoedkaai, Tanners Square (Huidenvettersplein), the castle Square with the Gothic Town Hall, the Basilica of the Holy Blood, the Market Square (Grote Markt) with the Bell Tower (Belfort) and, finally, the St. Salvator’s Cathedral.
After the visit, you will have one hour to have lunch and to enjoy the delicious chocolate from Bruges.
Our next destination will be the beautiful and powerful city of Ghent, the residence of the famous Van Eyck brothers.
Come and discover the charm of Ghent and its inhabitants, popularly known as "the noose-bearers“ from the time of Charles V. It is a fabulous place full of history. During the guided tour you will visit: the Castle of Gerald the Devil, the Saint Bavo's Cathedral, where you can see the famous painting of the Van Eyck brothers “The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb”, the Belfort bell tower, the peculiar Gothic and Renaissance Town Hall, St. Nicholas’ Church, the Masons’ Guild House, the Graslei embankment, the majestic Castle of the Counts of Flanders, The Patershol neighbourhood, the Great Butchers’ Hall, the Old Fish Market, the Friday Market Square…
We recommend that you visit Ghent and Bruges on different days if you have more time since both cities are worth a longer visit.
Getting lost in their beautiful places and enjoy a good beer are things that you will be able to do only if you have more free time.
- Visit the two jewels of Belgium.
- Discover the key points of both cities with an English speaking guide.
- Visit Bruges, known as the Venice of the North.
- Discover Ghent, the residence of the famous Van Eyck brothers.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 to 11 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 4 adults is required to book this tour
- Easy CancellationThere is no fee if a cancellation is made at least 24 hours before the booked day (local time Belgium). If cancellation is made 24 hours prior to the day of booking, 50% of the total cost will be charged. In case the client does not show up, the total cost of the visit will be charged.
- Instant Confirmation
- English speaking guide
- City map and recommendations on the country
- Train/Bus Tickets (round trip ticket)
- Discount card (discounts at restaurants, chocolate shops, museums)
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- This tour is available on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- Usually, we will go by train but in some cases, we can offer the service by bus
- The estimated time to get back to Brussels is 19:00h
- We offer guided tours for groups of at least 4 people