7 Days – South Luangwa & Lower Zambezi Zambia Safari
For most visitors, South Luangwa National Park is by far the most practical park to visit in the valley.
This is Zambia’s premier wildlife park, with superb wildlife and many excellent camps.
This is where the now famous walking safaris started from over 60 years ago and this unique African destination retains some of the finest world-class safari guides.
There are many contenders for the title of Africa's best game park, the Serengeti, Amboseli, Ngorongoro Crater, Etosha, Kruger, Moremi and Mana Pools would certainly be high on the list.
South Luangwa has a better claim than most. Some of these other areas will match its phenomenally high game densities. Many others – the lesser known of Africa's parks – will have equally few visitors.
One or two also allow night drives, which open up a different, nocturnal world to view, allowing leopards to be commonly seen.
However, few have South Luangwa's high quality of guiding together with its remarkable wildlife spectacles, day and night, in the isolation of a true wilderness. These elements, perhaps, are how the contenders ought to be judged, and on these the South Luangwa Park comes out around the top of the list.
South Luangwa National Park, you are likely to see Lions, Leopards, Wild Dog, Hyena, Elephants, Buffaloes, Zebras, Giraffes, Lots of Bird and many others.
Lower Zambezi will give you unique water-based experience and you are likely to see Lots of Elephants, Hippos, lots of birds, Lions and a rare sighting of leopards.
- Game drive or a walking safari
- A night Game drive
- 3 hours guided Canoe Safari
- Sunset Boat Cruise
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available all year round
- The minimum age of this tour is 12
- A minimum of 2 passengers required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from Lusaka at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport
- Easy CancellationCancellation Policy 0-30 days before travel = 100% cancellation charge 31-60 days before travel = 75% cancellation charge 61-90 days before travel = 50% cancellation charge 91+ days before travel = no charge
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 3 Night Safari Chalet Accommodation at Wildlife Camp
- 2 Game Viewing Activities Per Day (Morning &Night Game Drive & Walking Safaris) at South Luangwa National Park
- Laundry Service & Park Entry Fees at Wildlife Camp
- 3 Nights in Luxury tented en-suite chalet at Kiambi Safari Lodge
- All Meals (Breakfast, lunch & Dinner)
- 2 x Sunset Cruise
- 3hrs Guided Canoe Safari
- Flight from Lusaka to Mfuwe in South Luangwa National Park
- Flight from Mfuwe in South Luangwa to Lusaka
- All transfers
- Visa fees
- Medical insurance
- Anything of personal nature
On arrival in Lusaka at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport, you will be met and greeted by our representative who will assist you with the luggage then show you to the domestic flight check-in desk for your flight to Mfuwe in South Luangwa National Park which takes 1hr10min.
When you arrive at Mfuwe Airport the guide from Wildlife Camp will be waiting for you, and will assist you with your luggage and transfer you to Wildlife Camp where you will spend your first 3 Nights of your unforgettable Zambia safari experience.
Arrive and Check in and then depending on your arrival time you will go on an afternoon/night game drive which starts around 4 Pm – this activity starts with the afternoon and when it gets dark you will concentrate on nocturnal animals with the help of the spotter who will be holding a flashlight looking for animals then you will be getting back to the camp in time for dinner.
Today your day will start with a morning breakfast, then a morning activity will follow which will be a Game drive or a walking safari leaving the camp around 6:30hrs and returning around 10:30 in time for Lunch.
Then free time to relax and later its afternoon tea at around3:30 PM then A night Game drive will follow and you will be coming back around 7:30 PM in time for dinner and bed.
You will have a morning Breakfast, then a morning activity which will be a Game drive or a walking safari leaving the camp around 6:30hrs and returning around 10:30 in time for Lunch then some free time to relax.
Later its afternoon tea at around 3:30 PM and then A night Game drive will follow and you will be coming back around 7:30 PM in time for dinner and bed.
Please note that during your free time you can take optional excursions such as Village Tour, Local School Visit or you can go shopping in Local fabric shops.
You will have breakfast in the morning and depending on your flight time to Lusaka to you may do a morning game drive on this day and leave after lunch.
At some stage a guide from the Wildlife camp will transfer you to Mfuwe Airport in time for your local flight to Lusaka and on arrival in Lusaka our driver will be waiting for you at the airport, who will assist you with your luggage and transfer you to Kiambi safari lodge where you will spend your last three nights.
Check-in and you will relax then dinner and bedtime.
You will have morning breakfast and later you will go out for your 3 hours guided Canoe Safari on the Zambezi river and later return to the lodge in time for lunch, relax and in the afternoon around 4:30 PM you will go out for your Sunset Boat Cruise and return to the lodge around 6 PM relax then its dinner time.
You will have morning breakfast and then you will have time to relax and enjoy the view and the sound of the waters in Zambezi River which is in front of your room.
You can also access free internet while at Kiambi Safari lodge or use the swimming pool or enjoy some drinks at the bar.
Later its Lunchtime and some relaxation and later at around 4:30 PM you will go out for your Sunset Boat Cruise where you will see lots of birds, Hippos, Elephants and return to the lodge around 6 PM before dark, relax and dinner.
You will have morning breakfast, and depending on your flight time out of Lusaka at some stage our driver will pick you up and transfer you to Lusaka Kenneth Kaunda Int Airport to arrive 2 hours before your flight time.
Transfer from Kiambi to Lusaka takes about 3 Hours.
- In order to comply with the Airline policies, we now need a copy of your passport for correct details. Please provide us with this information as soon as possible so we can secure correct details for your flights. We will not be accountable for any wrong names given as airlines reserve the right to deny boarding if the names are not as per the passenger’s passport entry.
- Ensure you have personally checked your passport validity and visa requirements
- We recommend that all our clients arrange travel insurance in their home country
- All Packages are subject to availability at the time of making a booking, therefore, Package offered is not guaranteed until confirmed.
- The minimum age of this tour is 12 due to the walking and the canoe safari