7 Days South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi – Luxury Safari
This Itinerary features two of the top destinations in Africa South Luangwa National Park where you will have an abundance of wildlife during the morning and night game drives as well as walking safaris.
Lower Zambezi National Park is where you will experience waterbased activities such as a unique Canoe Safari and off course the game drives in the park.
This is a Luxury Safari Package with some of the best safari lodges in the areas that will offer five-star service though out your stay.
South Luangwa National Park
For most visitors, South Luangwa National Park is by far the most practical park to visit in the valley.
This is Zambia’s premier wildlife park, with superb wildlife and many excellent camps.
This is where the now famous walking safaris started from over 60 years ago and this unique African destination retains some of the finest world-class safari guides.
Mfuwe Lodge – South Luangwa National Park
Ease yourself into Luangwa life with a stay at the award-winning Mfuwe Lodge.
Set inside the park, just five minutes’ drive from the main gate, the lodge’s allure is instantly obvious.
Beneath a canopy of ebony and mahogany, its eighteen air-conditioned chalets are arranged around the banks of two lagoons where an endless stream of wildlife will keep you enthralled as you lounge on the open deck or take a dip in the swimming pool.
The airy interior of the lodge is an exquisite complement to its natural surroundings.
This region of the park is renowned for its prolific game – giraffe, hippos, buffalo, antelope, and crocodile are constant visitors to Mfuwe Lodge’s lagoon, whilst in November the local elephants regularly wander right through the lobby, lured by a nearby wild mango.
Lower Zambezi National Park
This Park is still relatively undeveloped, its beauty lying in its wilderness state.
The diversity of animals is not as wide as the other big parks, but the opportunities to get close to game wandering in and out of the Zambezi channels are spectacular.
The Park lies opposite the famous Mana Pools Reserve in Zimbabwe, so the whole area on both sides of the Zambezi River is a massive wildlife sanctuary.
Even though the Lower Zambezi National Park covers an area of 4092 square kilometers, most of the game is concentrated along the valley floor.
There is an escarpment along the northern end which acts as a physical barrier to most of the Park’s animal species.
Enormous herds of elephant, some up to 100 strong, are often seen at the river’s edge. ‘Island hopping’ buffalo and waterbuck are common.
The Park also hosts good populations of lion and leopard and listen too for the ubiquitous cry of the fish eagle.
Royal Zambezi Lodge - Lower Zambezi National Park
Located on the opposite bank to Zimbabwe’s Mana Pools, the Royal Zambezi Lodge is situated on the majestic Zambezi River.
This intimate, family-owned lodge makes the most of the environment in which it is situated, letting nature provide guests with a magnificent setting for their African holiday.
The Royal Zambezi Lodge offers guests outstanding hospitality and luxury, with attention paid to the finest detail.
The thatch and copper roofs create a natural but sophisticated setting for you to relax.
Our chef sources fresh, local ingredients to treat you to exciting and healthy cuisine.
- Award winning accommodation
- Walking Safaris
- Day and night game drives
- Boat cruise or canoe Safari
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 passengers are required to book this tour
- This tour is available all year round
- Pick-up servicePick up from Kenneth Kaunda International Airport
- Easy CancellationCancellation Policy 0-30 days before travel = 100% cancellation charge 31-60 days before travel = 75% cancellation charge 61-90 days before travel = 50% cancellation charge 91+ days before travel = no charge
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 3 Night Accommodation Ensuite Chalet at the Mfuwe Lodge
- All Meals (Breakfast, Brunch and Three Course Dinner)
- 3 Nights’ Accommodation room facing the river at the Royal Zambezi Lodge
- Two activities per day
- Soft drinks, house wines, local beers, non-premium drinks, teas & coffees at the Royal Zambezi Lodge
- Private Guiding/Vehicle/Boat (Not guaranteed for guests on any specials)
- Laundry and National Park Entry Fees
- RZL airstrip passenger access fees
- Wi-Fi – Bush Internet so not super-fast
- Two Flights from Lusaka to Mfuwe
- Flight from Mfuwe to Royal in Lower Zambezi National Park
- Flight from Royal Airstrip to Lusaka
- All transfers
- Visa Fees & Insurance
- Departure Tax of USD16 per person when flying out of Lusaka to Royal Airstrip
- Anything of a Personal Nature
When you arrive at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in Lusaka you will be welcomed by our representative who will then assist you with your luggage and check in onto the domestic flight to Mfuwe in South Luangwa National Park.
When you arrive at Mfuwe Airport, the Guide from Mfuwe Lodge will be waiting for you.
He will assist you with your luggage and take you on a 45 minutes transfer via a tard road, through the local village settlements.
When you get to the lodge you will check in and go out for the night game drive looking for nocturnal animals and return to the lodge in time for dinner then later bedtime.
You will have breakfast then a morning game drive or walking safari with some of the best guides in the business.
Then you will return to the lodge in time for brunch and free time to relax.
Later in the afternoon at around 3.30 pm you will have afternoon tea/coffee followed by the afternoon/night game drive and return to the lodge in time for dinner at around 7.30 pm.
You will have morning breakfast and then depending on your flight time from Mfuwe to Lower Zambezi, the guide from the Mfuwe lodge will take you to Mfuwe airport and fly to Lower Zambezi direct or via Lusaka.
When you arrive at the Royal airstrip you will be met by the guide from Royal Zambezi lodge who will then take you to the lodge.
Arrive and check in then lunch and free time to relax.
Later in the afternoon, you will go out for an afternoon activity that will be a game drive or Boat cruise then return to the lodge in time for dinner.
You will have breakfast which is then followed by a morning activity that will be a game drive or walking safari, boat cruise or canoe Safari.
Then return to the lodge in time for lunch and free time to relax.
Later you will have afternoon tea /coffee followed by the afternoon activity that will be a game drive or sunset boat cruise then return to the lodge in time for dinner.
You will have breakfast and then depending on your flight time to Lusaka the guide from Royal Zambezi Lodge will transfer you to Royal Airstrip and Flight to Lusaka.
- In order to comply with the Airline policies, we now need a copy of your passport for correct details. Please provide us with this information as soon as possible so we can secure correct details for your flights. We will not be accountable for any wrong names given as airlines reserve the right to deny boarding if the names are not as per the passenger’s passport entry.
- Ensure you have personally checked your passport validity and visa requirements
- We recommend that all our clients arrange travel insurance in their home country
- All Packages are subject to availability at the time of making a booking, therefore, Package offered is not guaranteed until confirmed.