4 Days Breathtaking Safari in Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia
This Park is still relatively undeveloped, it’s beauty lies in its wilderness state. The diversity of animals is not as wide as the other big parks, but the opportunities to get close to game wandering in and out of the Zambezi channels are spectacular. The Park lies opposite the famous Mana Pools Reserve in Zimbabwe, so the whole area on both sides of the Zambezi River is a massive wildlife sanctuary.
The River’s edge is overhung with a thick riverine fringe, including ebony and fig trees.
Further inland is a floodplain fringed with mopane forest and interspersed with winterthorn trees and huge acacias. The hills which form the backdrop to the Park are covered in broadleaf
Even though the Lower Zambezi National Park covers an area of 4092 square kilometres, most of the game is concentrated along the valley floor.
There is an escarpment along the northern end which acts as a physical barrier to most of the Park’s animal species.
Enormous herds of elephant, some up to 100 strong, are often seen at the river’s edge. ‘Island hopping’ buffalo and waterbuck are common.
The Park also hosts good populations of lion and leopard, and listen too for the ubiquitous cry of the fish eagle.
Kiambi Lodge – Lower Zambezi National Park
Kiambi Lower Zambezi is your first gentle, mellow taste of the Lower Zambezi, and sets the uniquely African stage for your forthcoming journey of discovery.
Kiambi Safari owns and operates an exclusive lodge in the Lower Zambezi Valley.
The Lodge welcomed the first guests at Kiambi Lower Zambezi in May 1999 and has truly captured the essence of the Lower Zambezi.
Kiambi Lower Zambezi offers a unique composite experience, a rare combination of Africa’s culture, scenery and wildlife.
This is “The real Africa”. Each of the luxury thatched chalets is set on a raised wooden platform, with spacious en-suite facilities and private verandas with a view over the Zambezi.
While relishing the supreme comfort, furnished stylishly in Rhodesian teak and equipped with the necessities to make your stay comfortable.
Kiambi guests never lose that close-to-nature experience.
- Exclusive lodge in the Lower Zambezi Valley
- 3 hours Guided Canoeing Safari
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- The minimum age of this tour is 12
- To book this tour a minimum of 2 passengers are required
- This tour is available all year round
- Pick-up servicePick up from Lusaka Airport
- Easy CancellationCancellation Policy 0-30 days before travel = 100% cancellation charge 31-60 days before travel = 75% cancellation charge 61-90 days before travel = 50% cancellation charge 91+ days before travel = no charge
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 3 nights in Luxury tented en-suite chalet
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Three Course Dinner)
- 2 x Sunset Boat Cruise
- 2 x 3 Hours Guided Canoeing Safari
- All transfers
- Anything of a personal nature
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
On arrival at Lusaka Airport, our representative will pick you up and transfer you to Kiambi Safari Lodge in the Lower Zambezi National, where you will stay for 3 nights which will give you an unforgettable Zambian safari experience.
You will have morning breakfast, then 3 hours Guided Canoeing Safaris then return to the lodge in time for lunch then free time to relax.
Then later in the afternoon, you will have a sunset boat cruise, later on, you return to the lodge almost in time for dinner.
Today will be the same as day 2-morning breakfast, then 3 hours Guided Canoeing Safaris then return to the lodge in time for lunch then free time to relax.
Then later in the afternoon, you will have a sunset boat cruise, later on, you return to the lodge in time for dinner.
Optional Activities : Tiger Fishing or Village Tour
You will have morning breakfast then check out of the lodge and depending on your flight time out of Lusaka, our driver will take you on the 3 hours road transfer to Lusaka International Airport.
- In order to comply with the Airline policies, we now need a copy of your passport for correct details. Please provide us with this information as soon as possible so we can secure correct details for your flights. We will not be accountable for any wrong names given as airlines reserve the right to deny boarding if the names are not as per the passenger’s passport entry.
- Ensure you have personally checked your passport validity and visa requirements
- We recommend that all our clients arrange travel insurance in their home country
- All Packages are subject to availability at the time of making a booking, therefore, Package offered is not guaranteed until confirmed.
- The minimum age for this tour is 12 due to the canoeing safaris