Full Day Private Tour to Hoa Lu & Tam Coc from Hanoi
You will be picked up by our driver/guide to start your tour.
At around 10:30 am, you will arrive at Hoa Lu Ancient Capital. In 968, Dinh Bo Linh declared himself as the King. Since then Hoa Lu existed as the capital for the next 41 years (968 – 1009), of which 12 years was under the Dinh dynasty – King Dinh Tien Hoang, the country named Dai Co Viet, and 29 years later was under the Le dynasty – King Le Dai Hanh.
In 1010, King Ly Thai To moved the capital from Hoa Lu to Thang Long – present-day Hanoi. Hoa Lu became the old citadel. In Hoa Lu there are now 2 temples that have been built on the ground of the old royal palace, one is dedicated to King Dinh Tien Hoang, the other is to King Le Dai Hanh. The visit offers a chance to know more about part of feudal dynasties and historical periods in Vietnamese history.
Around 11:30 am leave Hoa Lu to Tam Coc and at noon Have lunch in Tam Coc in a local restaurant and enjoy lunch served with goat meat which is famous as the local speciality.
After lunch, take a 5minute walk to the boat station and start the 2 hour-boat trip to visit Tam Coc. Known as “Halong Bay on land”, Tam Coc are three limestone caves stretching along Ngo Dong river. The boat trip is a nice journey along the river with peaceful scenery of limestone mountains, rice paddy and the site of some temples along the way from Hang Ca (first cave) to Hang Hai (second cave) and Hang Ba (third cave).
At 4:00 pm leave Tam Coc and drive back to Hanoi and be dropped off at your hotel.
- Opt for a countryside bike tour to Bich Dong Pagoda.
- Enjoy Vietnamese cuisine for lunch.
- Float along the Ngo Dong River from Tam Coc to three caves.
- See temple remnants of the ancient royal dynasties at Hoa Lu.
- Full-day Hoa Lu and Tam Coc tour from Hanoi, led by an informative guide.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 to 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off at hotel in Old Quater of Hanoi .
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance fee
- Buffet lunch
- Mineral water on transfer
- Entrance fees Boat cruising
- Bicycle around the famer
- English speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Transport in a private vehicle
- Any additional food and beverages not mentioned in the included section
- Personal expenses
- Vegetarian menu option is available, please let us know at the time of booking if you require this.