Essential Vietnam 7 Day 6 Nights Group Tour
Discover Essential Vietnam 7 Days 6 Night on a group tour to Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Saigon, Chu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta
Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels (on a twin-share basis, 3-star hotels)
Services of drivers and air-conditioned vehicles
2 internal flights: Hanoi – Hue; Danang – Saigon(with Vietnam Airlines, economy class) Included.
- Small groups of maximum 16 travelers
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Tour the One Pillar Pagoda and the Women’s Museum
- See The Heavenly Palace (Thien Cung Cave)
- Taste traditional Vietnamese dishes
- Tour the Royal Citadel and the Imperial Museum
- Visit The Minh Mang Tomb
- See Thien Mu Pagoda, considered the iconic symbol of Hue,
- Walk the famous Japanese Covered Bridge - The Hoian Symbol
- Visit The War Remnants Museum
- Tour The Reunification Palace
- Visit Notre Dame Cathedral
- Tour The Vinh Trang Pagoda - an ancient southern architectural gem
- Enjoy a cruise along the Ben Tre river
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish
- Disability ServicesWheelchair can be arranged at extra charge
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- 2 internal flights: Hanoi – Hue; Danang – Saigon (with Vietnam Airlines, economy class)
- Small groups of maximum 16 travelers
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- English-speaking guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of drivers and air-conditioned vehicles
- Tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels (on twin-share basis, 3-star hotels)
- Vietnam Visa fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights in & out Vietnam
- Single supplement (258 USD/person)
This morning you travel out of Hanoi city centre to the suburban areas for a half-day eco-tour discovering the local life.
You will get picked up from your hotel lobby around 7:30 am then set out on a 45-min drive to Tien Le Vegetable village, about 18km to the west of Hanoi.
Arrive in the peaceful village, our local host and guide will take you on a beautiful visit to a market in the countryside. Wandering around the stalls selling food, meat, veggie, etc...you can try bargaining for some ingredients used in the coming cooking session.All of them are newly harvested and fresh!
When you get back from the market, you will put on farming clothes and bring farming tools to the field, where many local people are working since early morning.
Prepare to get dirty as you will be doing some farming activities like ploughing, growing vegetables, watering and fertilising.Come back to your host family for a cooking session and lunch.
In the afternoon, take a guided tour visiting some main sites of Hanoi: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex (you just pass by), the One Pillar Pagoda and the Women’s Museum. In the evening, enjoy the Water Puppet Show - a traditional art form having its roots in wet rice culture.
At around 07h30 – 08h00, you will be picked up at the hotel and start the scenic 3.5-hour drive to Halong Bay. Enjoy the landscape of the Red River Delta countryside and have a short break on the way.
You arrive the Tuan Chau Habor at around noon then embark the day cruise followed by a short cruise briefing.
Start a dreamy cruise to stunning scenery with thousands of limestone mountains and have seafood lunch (we serve you with traditional Vietnamese dishes, in case you are vegetarian, we have other food options for you).
While cruising through the emerald water passing by the Dog Stone, the Burning Incense islet, stop at Ba Hang fishing village for kayaking or sit in a bamboo boat rowed by locals. After the visiting Fighting-Cock island and the Heavenly Palace (Thien Cung cave) – which has opened to the public since 1998 with stalagmites and stalactites.
Back to the cruise and continue cruising back to the jetty. We will be back to Tourist pier at around 16:45. Disembark and get on a bus to Hanoi.
This morning is free for leisure until getting transferred to Hanoi airport for your in-country flight to Hue.
Arrive in Hue, our driver and guide will be waiting outside the baggage claim area, to take you to your hotel for check-in.
Spend the afternoon on a guided tour wandering around the city.
Starting with the Royal Citadel, then visit the Imperial Museum and conclude the day with the vibrant Dong Ba market.
Start the day with a boat trip along the poetic Perfume River to visit Thien Mu Pagoda.
Considered the iconic symbol of Hue, Thien Mu Pagoda is among the most fascinating and ancient pagodas of the city.
Leaving the pagoda, we continue our journey to visit the Minh Mang Tomb before heading to Hoian.
Arrive in Hoian in the late afternoon and enjoy rest of the day on your own.
Morning is free for leisure, optional tour: Hoian Walking Tour (details as below). Enjoy a leisure walking trip along the narrow streets of Hoian; you will have a chance to discover all the main sites of this charming ancient town.
First stop is the Japanese Covered Bridge - the Hoian symbol, which is constructed in early 1600's by the Japanese community.
Other possible stops are the old houses and Chinese Assembly Halls. There are also a lot of pagodas for visitors who are Buddhist like the Ong Pagoda, Quan Am Phat Tu Minh Huong Pagoda.
In the afternoon, head to Danang airport for your onward flight to Saigon.
Arrive in Saigon and spend rest of the day on your own.
This morning we will travel for about 70km to the northwest of Saigon for a half-day tour of Cu Chi Tunnels - a vast underground defending system of Viet Cong during Vietnam War, which housed up to 10,000 people.
The tunnels constructed with hospitals, living rooms, kitchens, storage and working areas also in an approximate length of 250km.
The remaining tunnels, nowadays, are a must-see destination for tourists who come to Vietnam to get a view of the underground life during the wartime.
You can also join a shooting trial using an AK47 or MK16 with separate fees.
In the afternoon, get on a guided tour visiting some city key sites such as the War Remnants Museum, the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, City Post Office and Ben Thanh market.
The rest of the day is at your leisure.
After breakfast at your hotel, our driver and guide will meet you at the hotel lobby then take you on a 2-hour drive to Ben Tre Province.
Along the route, we stop in Tien Giang for a short visit to the Vinh Trang Pagoda - an ancient southern architectural gem.
Arrive in Hung Vuong pier in Ben Tre; we will take a boat trip on Ben Tre river – one of the tributaries of Mekong river, observing activities along the river such as fishing and water transferring.
First stop will be local brickwork where bricks are made manually in the traditional way; then we visit one of plenty of coconut processing workshops located along the canal.
Disembark via the boat to enjoy a leisure walk or bike ride to the local family for lunch.
In the afternoon, continue walking to a village, which makes sleeping mats, then take a relaxing rowboat along the palm creek and boat back to Hung Vuong Pier.
Our driver will be waiting there and transfers you back to Saigon.
- Meeting point will be informed by us. Normally it will be the first hotel we book for the group.
- The Tours Offer to pick up and drop off and to your hotel. Please ensure you enter the correct name and address of your hotel
- Please make sure that you have travel insurance before you travel overseas, including but not limited to Vietnam. We have teamed up with 1cover.com.au to provide you a peace of mind