Amazing 5 Day Tour of North Vietnam
See some of Vietnam's best bits on this fantastic 5 Day tour.
Hop aboard Halong cruise and sail around the iconic Halong Bay where you can kayak and jump from the deck to swim.
You will also get the opportunity to visit a traditional floating village, stop by the fantastic Sung Sot Cave.
We will go biking through the ancient village of Duong Lam and lots more.
This tour includes your accommodation, ground transport, some of your meals, sunrise Tai Chi and Vietnamese cooking class, entrance fees and English speaking guide.
- Discover Tranquil City Lakes, Historic Temples, Museums, Stunning Beaches & MORE
- Kayaking and swimming in Halong Bay
- Stunning Halong Bay with its incredible rock formations, traditional floating fishing villages, Sung Sot Cave and picture-perfect scenery
- Overseas travel never looked this affordable - see North Vietnam without the high price tag! This amazing 5 day journey takes you through Hanoi, Halong Bay
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 1 to 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Please contact us directly if you would like to upgrade to our 4* or 5* accommodation options
- Minimum 2 people per booking
- We offer 24 hour support during the tour
- Please contact us if you want to upgrade to 4 star or 5 star accommodation option
- Daily tour group size from 2pax to 20pax
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you up at your hotel (located in Hanoi Ola Quarter)
- Easy CancellationCancellation by the customer If you cancel some or all portions of your booking, cancellation fees will be applied. The effective date of cancellation will be
- Cooking class on cruise
- Welcome drink
- Biking surrounding countryside in Tamcoc-Bich Dong
- Kayaking in Halong Bay
- All entrance fees, taxes and service charge
- Accommodation (1 night on cruise, 3 nights in hotel)
- English speaking guide
- Meals as mentioned
- Deluxe accommodation with A/C, bathtub & shower
- Insurance on-board
- Return airfares from your country to Vietnam
- Tips(not compulsory), Personal Expenses & Others not clearly mentioned above
- Airport transfers- please contact us if you need this service
- Beverages, International Insurance
After arriving in Hanoi, you will check into your hotel you will have free time to explore the Hanoi Old Quarter. (no meals included in this day)
Early morning we will pick you up from the hotel. Around 10.00am we will have a short break in the Hai Duong Province.
06:15: Morning exercises on the Sun-deck.
07:15: Have some breakfast with Coffee, tea, and pastries on board.
08:00: Visit the Surprising Cave (Hang Sung Sot) discovered by the French in 1901. Opened for tourists since 1936, now it is a must-to-see and a symbol for geology value of Halong. 09:30: Check out time. Then relax on the sun-deck or inside the restaurant to enjoy the bay's scenery.
10:15: Enjoying a traditional Vietnamese lunch while cruising back to the pier.
12:00: Check out on the cruise. Our car will be at your disposal to pick you up then drive back to Hanoi.
17:00: Arrive in Hanoi. End of the trip!
Hoa Lu, the first Vietnam Capital under the Dinh and Le Dynasties from 10th century between 968 and 1009 AD located around 100km to The South of Hanoi city Tam Coc, the outstanding natural beauty with limestone peaks whose splendor is often said to surpass of Halong Bay It is a certain truth that Hoa Lu & Tam Coc is often referred to as the Ha Long Bay on land.
Highlights – Visit Hoa Lu Old Citadel with Dinh Temple and Le Temple – Rowing boat trip in Tam Coc (Three Caves) –
Enjoy special Vietnamese buffet lunch in local restaurant with local food Itinerary
8.00-8.30 am: Tour guide of Swallow Travel will pick you up from your hotel in Old Quarter to depart to Ninh Binh city.
10.30-11.00 am: You will reach Hoa Lu Ancient Capital. In 968, Dinh Bo Linh declared himself as the King. Since then Hoa Lu existed as the capital for the next 41 years (968 – 1009), of which 12 years was under the Dinh dynasty – King Dinh Tien Hoang, the country named Dai Co Viet, and 29 years later was under the Le dynasty – King Le Dai Hanh. In 1010, King Ly Thai To moved the capital from Hoa Lu to Thang Long – present-day Hanoi. Hoa Lu became the old citadel. In Hoa Lu there are now 2 temples have been built on the ground of the old royal palace, one is dedicated to King Dinh Tien Hoang, the other is to King Le Dai Hanh. The visit offers a chance to know more about part of feudal dynasties and historical periods in Vietnamese history.
12:00 pm: Today you will enjoy buffet lunch at local restaurant in Tam Coc named Duc Tuan restaurant. The food is served with Asian style, local dishes, organic vegetable. The Duc Tuan is located on the river overview Tam Coc, you can enjoy the view of overall riverside until you finish your lunch.
1:30 pm: After finishing your lunch, you will be taking the rowing boat at Tam Coc Harbour. Arranged by local people here, the boat is rowed by both hand and legs. The boat will take you to 3 specular caves with hundreds of limestones on the way. If you travel during harvest season, you will see many terrace rice fields in golden colours. The boat rowing will be in around 2 hours. Not only you could see the peaceful scenery of mountain, rice paddy fields, temples, you also have chances to learn about local people cultures in their daily life.
Optional activities: Riding bicycles or buffalo rides.
4:00 pm leave Tam Coc and drive back to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi at around 6:30 pm.
6:30 pm. Finish unforgettable full day trip to your hotel in Hanoi! You can also choose one of the following daily tours with the same price: Hanoi City tour Bai Binh Trang An Ecotour Hanoi Food on foot tour
Night 4: Overnight at the hotel in Hanoi
You will have breakfast at the hotel then free time to go shopping, discovering Hanoi by your own before leaving Hanoi. Trip ends.
Please contact us if you want to add few extra nights during your stay or visit other places in Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Children under 4 years old sharing the bed with parents is free of charge (no extra bed provided)
- Children from 5 – 8 years old will be required to pay 75% of tour price, sharing the bed with parents - Or pay full price to have an extra bed
- Itinerary may be changed due to unexpected weather conditions
- Hotel and cruise will be replaced by similar standard option only in case of full booking
- Surcharge of $15 for Gala dinner on Halong cruise on 24 Dec and 31 Dec
- Single travellers can book for an extra surcharge of $115