Tower of London Tickets - With Beefeater Tour
The History of the Tower of London
Built in the 11th century, the Tower of London has been a central part of London life for centuries. With many uses throughout history, the Tower has earned a chilling reputation for being a formidable Castle and one that Londoners would have trembled at the sight of. Once home to wild animals, ‘the royal beasts’, the Royal Mint and a prison, there is much British history to uncover at the Tower of London.
The Tower of London is famously guarded by Yeoman Warders who were once used to keep the prisoners inside the Tower safe. Now, you will find them outside the Crown Jewels, keeping a watchful eye on the Tower’s proceedings. You’ll get the chance to enjoy a Beefeater tour with one of these iconic Warders, helping you to discover more about this historic landmark on London’s north bank.
The Crown Jewels
Go past the Yeoman Warders and have the special chance to see the majestic Crown Jewels. These dazzling diamond-encrusted masterpieces are a must-see part of the Tower of London and won’t leave you disappointed. Owned by some of the most famous monarchs in royal British history, you will get to see which Crown was worn by which Queen or King. You’ll even get to see Queen Elizabeth II’s exquisite Imperial State Crown worn at the State Openings of Parliament.
Royal Beasts Exhibition
Once home to a vast array of wild animals, the Tower of London houses the interactive Royal Beasts Exhibition to give visitors an insight into this fascinating part of history. From lions to baboons (and even a polar bear!), many royal beasts called the Tower of London home.
The Royal Mint at the Tower of London
During c1279 and 1812, the Tower had an important responsibility as a working mint. This exhibition tells the story of the Tower’s time as a Royal Mint and the six events over history that shaped England’s currency as we know it.
Travel Back to the Medieval Times at The Tower of London
From the 4th until 6th August, you’ll be transported back to 1445 when England was in full celebrations for their new Queen, Margaret of Anjou. You’ll get to immerse yourself into the Tower’s medieval world with family fun for all to enjoy including multisensory experiences including the smells of the medieval kitchen. You’ll also get to feel the weight of a real knight’s sword and test your strength as you fire a crossbow! Get dressed up in typical medieval attire before you meet the Queen and watch her knights battle it out in a thrilling sword-fighting action!
- Visit one of London’s most famous landmarks - the unnerving Tower of London
- Explore the White Tower, the oldest part of the Tower of London
- Learn and discover the Tower’s history with a Beefeater tour with a Yeoman Warder
- Come up close to the astounding Crown Jewels
- Enjoy the Royal Beasts Exhibition and The Royal Mint
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Students and senior citizens pay the same rate
- Children under the age of 5 are free of charge
- Not available on the 24th - 26th December & 1st January 2019
- From the 1st November to 28th February 2019, The tour will be available Tuesday to Saturdays from 9:00am to 4:30 pm and Sundays and Mondays from 10:00am to 4:30 pm with the last admission at 4 pm.
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- On Request
- Entry into the Tower of London
- Guided tour of the Tower of London with a Beefeater
- Food and drink
- The last Yeoman Warder tour starts at 2.30pm (winter) and 3.30pm (summer).