Jack the Ripper Walking Tour - 6:00 pm
Travel back in time to Victorian London when Jack the Ripper roamed the streets of the capital on this Jack the Ripper Walking Tour. In the early hours of 31st August 1888, a man, walking to work down a dark lane in Whitechapel, found a shapeless bundle lying on the ground.
He went to investigate and found Mary Ann Nichols, an East End prostitute murdered in the most gruesome way. This was the first of many killings, sparking one of the most famous manhunts in the world.
Ripperologists and amateur sleuths are still trying to work out the true identity of the man they called Jack the Ripper!
During this walking tour, you will follow the shadowy trail left by Jack the Ripper through East London’s Whitechapel in the Victorian era, coming across the places where the grisly murders took place.
Start your spine-tingling tour at Trader’s Gate before venturing to Aldgate High Street and Mitre Square where both Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes were murdered.
The next stop is Goulston Street, where arguably the most vital clue to solving the case of Jack the Ripper could be found! Ramble down Commercial Street before arriving at notorious Hanbury Street, where the body of horrifically mutilated Annie Chapman was discovered.
Play detective during this marvellously morbid walking tour and see some famous London sights too!
Optional – Virtual Reality Experience
Be transported back in time to when the world’s most prolific serial killer Jack the Ripper roamed the streets with our exclusive Virtual Reality experience.
Be sure to have your wits about you as your thrilling adventure brings to life Victorian London like never before. See each scene where the victims were mercilessly murdered and see if you can find Jack the Ripper lurking in the background of each scene.
Accompanied by the terrifying (yet fascinating) stories from your expert guide, this is the perfect way to discover one of London’s most famous crimes.
- Travel back to the dark and dismal days of the Victorian era when Jack the Ripper roamed the streets with this VR experience!
- A Spooky Walking Tour about the most famous serial killer in the world
- Explore the History Behind the Mysterious Jack the Ripper Murders
- Learn about the murder sites, victims and suspects from a professional guide
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Under 16s are able to attend this tour at their parents' discretion
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- On Request
- Guided walking tour
- Professional guide
- Food and beverages
- Admission to any of the attractions
- You must be over 14 years to be able to use the Virtual Reality headset.